DMB concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsMango

War Child
Freer than a bird 'Cause we're rockin' Ohio
I just got back from a dave matthews band concert. I didn't like it. They extended the songs so long with little solos form EVERYONE in the band. on almost every song. The songs lost the feeling cus they went on forever. I was like "what song is this they are STILL playing?" And they had no connection with the audience. With U2 no matter where you are you feel a connection with them. I could not see anyone in the band. And worst of all everyone around me was smoking so much weed I almost vomited. And I have been to concerts where they smoke weed..I went to the Haight Ashbury street fair for gods sake! But there was a weed cloud above the crowd at this concert. and some guy was like "got any reefer" to me. grrr..I left early. :( I LOVE live music so much so for me to leave a concert early says alot

i :heart: DMB!!!!!!!!

i'm sooooo jealous...i didn't get to see them this year...i wish i could have though :(

too bad that you didn't have a good time. I saw them last year and i thought they were amazing. Two Step was the last song and lasted an amazing 25 minutes. it was great...but if long jams aren't your thing than i guess that a DMB show isn't for you. :shrug:

the last DMB concert I went to was about 3 years ago. and i felt old. my boyfriend and i were very annoyed by all of the pot smokers and by how immature the crowd was. we left early. it was a shame. i usually enjoy DMB concerts, but because of that concert it turned me off to them. :tsk:

Poor thing, you have my deepest sympathy! I can't even endure one of their songs on the radio, a concert must have been torture! :no: :scream: Almost everybody I know swears by them, but I don't see they appeal. I swear BECAUSE of them! :down:

Even your avatar looks bored to sleep :yawn:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
the last DMB concert I went to was about 3 years ago. and i felt old. my boyfriend and i were very annoyed by all of the pot smokers and by how immature the crowd was. we left early. it was a shame. i usually enjoy DMB concerts, but because of that concert it turned me off to them. :tsk:

the crowd was so immature. everyone was stoned and laughing at their feet or something..no one was even paying attention to the band and they were in my way. Some people can pull off jams..but I don't think they were quite pulling off the jams tonight. I like DMB on CD but I am keeping it at that. Cus they can't play to the crowd. I might as well watch it on TV. :|

I'm not sure what you mean about DMB not connecting with the crowd. When I went to see them at the Vet in Philly (a huge venue if ever there was one), there was a lot of banter, and Dave seemed very pleasant and enthusiastic. There was plenty of dancing, conversation, and...um, well, okay, a lot of pot smoking, but why are you going to a Dave show and being surprised that a few people are rockin' the ganja? ;) Besides, at the Elevation shows I went to, there was some ganja-rockin' going on as well.

Boyd even wore a Phillies jersey. So there. :heart:

paxetaurora said:
I'm not sure what you mean about DMB not connecting with the crowd. When I went to see them at the Vet in Philly (a huge venue if ever there was one), there was a lot of banter, and Dave seemed very pleasant and enthusiastic. There was plenty of dancing, conversation, and...um, well, okay, a lot of pot smoking, but why are you going to a Dave show and being surprised that a few people are rockin' the ganja? ;) Besides, at the Elevation shows I went to, there was some ganja-rockin' going on as well.

Philly show might have been better than eh?:yawn:

When I saw them in Hershey they made as park out in a hay filled field a mile away from the staduim, the trip there was better than the show:silent: Too many :crack: smokers..

:grumpy:

Wait :dance:ing :crack: smokers at that!

I like the DMB, but I hate going to shows where everyone is smoking dope, just like I hate going to Ren-Faire parties when everyone is drunk. One time someone ripped off my hat and started running around in it......it was too crazy. It's just not fun.

paxetaurora said:

I know people were gonna smoke pot there..lots of people did at the U2 shows I went to..but the amount was amazing..no one needs that much pot

I admit it, I smoked pot myself when I went to my first rock shows back in the late '70's. I didn't like it. It made me paranoid. Maybe that's why I'm a bit uncomfortable around pot smoking now. Anyway, who needs dope when you can get Elevated?

I just could never develop a taste for their sound. I dislike Dave's whiney voice and I just don't like that kind of music. I am from their home state and my brother and his friends used to drive out to Charlottesville to see them in small clubs way before they were famous. They even stayed in the place and met them once. I'm happy for their success, I just don't like to listen to them.

verte76 said:
I admit it, I smoked pot myself when I went to my first rock shows back in the late '70's. I didn't like it. It made me paranoid. Maybe that's why I'm a bit uncomfortable around pot smoking now. Anyway, who needs dope when you can get Elevated?

Verte are you that old? I had no idea! I'm old too and yes, I had some pot in the late 70's too. Hey I was a teenager. I know just about everybody who was young in the 70's had to try it, because I was a goodytwoshoes and I did, so if I did, everyone did I guess. I wonder if the U2 boys took a few tokes back then?;)

But I really never liked it. It only gave me cottonmouth and tasted bad. I honestly haven't had any in almost 20 years. I still smell it at shows, and I just kind of grin when I smell it. My son had never smelled it and I wanted him to know what it smelled like and when we were in GA in Lexington I got a wiff, and I looked at him and made a joint to mouth motion with my hand and waved my other hand in the air and he got the message. I wanted him to know the smell so he could tell if kids around him were smoking it.

Speaking of pot in the crowd, I would personally rather have high people than drunks, high ones are usually laughing and more laid back and calm while some drunks can get very obnoxious. The problem is that most of the drunks are also high!

Hmmm...interesting. Now, I wonder how I'll like (or dislike) the show. I'm watching them at Tinley Park in Illinois later this month. As for the immature audience...typical Abercrombie & Fitch DMB crowd, huh? :tsk:

U2 is and will probably always be my fav. band but dmb is a very close second. Their concerts are nothing like a u2 concert but i still love em. The way they play a song out makes each concert stand out from the others. and you never know what they're gonna play from one show to another. i love u2, but you know exactly what songs they're gonna play from one night to another. and don't complain about the weed. it's a hell of a lot better than friggin' cigarettes.

dizzy said:
Hmmm...interesting. Now, I wonder how I'll like (or dislike) the show. I'm watching them at Tinley Park in Illinois later this month. As for the immature audience...typical Abercrombie & Fitch DMB crowd, huh? :tsk:

Yes it was. ew. they were so annoying. And there were a bunch of skanky girls there. U2 crowds are so much better. Cigerettes smell better then weed!! I was thinking the cigerette smoke was the "fresh" air!

Back
Top Bottom