Diversity in the women who get pulled up onstage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
I would like to see Bono bring up women his own age onstage sometimes. A lot of female fans are his age or somewhat younger and are in the heart or at the tip. I think the pregnant woman he danced with in Montreal was probably in her late twenties or early thirties. Does anyone know her exact age? I know Bono can do whatever he wants, but he should give more chances to the women who have been fans for a long time. He has mostly brought up women who were half his age or younger (correct me if I'm wrong). I think one was even 17 ! I would just like to see a bit more diversity. What do you think?

ATTENTION: I am merely expressing my opinion. I have nothing against the young women who got onstage. It's just a thought that occured to me.

Btw, I'm half Bono's age. *lol*

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 11-12-2001).]

Alright!

I have a lot of chances to get pulled on stage, Bono could be my father!

I'm affraid he loves fresh meat
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

I was about to say "Diversity? What diversity?"
biggrin.gif
Yeah, they mostly seem to be young and very attractive...I also think that if I was fortunate enough to be close enough to the stage to be pulled up at a U2 show, I'd be rejected because I'm six feet tall.
biggrin.gif

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
All I will say Naya is-I am not half his age-not even close
frown.gif
-therefore...
I LOVE YOUR THREAD!!!

aaaw
((((Gina Marie))))

Yeah scatter I should have entitled my thread "Not enough diversity.."
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 11-12-2001).]

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Oh well, Naya, there's no hope for Bono, so...

maybe I could have Ewan(dang it, I forgot for a minute
wink.gif
he's married) or Kevin-or Vince
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aaaw Bono doesn't know what he's missing !

Yes Ewan is married with me ! (here comes the disollusions again) and Kevin is my second husband. But I can share him with you. I'll send him to you next Friday. How about I trade him for Vince?

Naya<---Crazy chick

Originally posted by Naya:
Aaaw Bono doesn't know what he's missing !

Yes Ewan is married with me ! (here comes the disollusions again) and Kevin is my second husband. But I can share him with you. I'll send him to you next Friday. How about I trade him for Vince?

Naya<---Crazy chick

Aw-you're too sweet!

OK-that's adeal-I'll be waiting for Kevin
biggrin.gif

But do I have to trade Vince??? *saw his new flick and didn't care how EVIL he was while she drooled into her empty popcorn bucket*

Gina <---another crazy chick

I'm real short. Five foot nothing.
smile.gif

------------------
"If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya." --Bono

OH! OH! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!

I'm 3 whole days older than him and I would LOVE IT!!!!!
smile.gif
I can shake my groove thang with the best of them....and besides being Bono's age, being 5'8" and a "big girls are best" type chick, throw in the fact that I have short red hair, and that would be a bit of diversity Bono would *surely* overlook, GRRR...
mad.gif

PICK ME BONER!!!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEZE!!!!
biggrin.gif
(yeah, that'll be the day)

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-13-2001).]

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I was about to say "Diversity? What diversity?"
biggrin.gif
Yeah, they mostly seem to be young and very attractive...I also think that if I was fortunate enough to be close enough to the stage to be pulled up at a U2 show, I'd be rejected because I'm six feet tall.
biggrin.gif

LOL! Same! I'm 6'1"

smile.gif

At least Bono pulled someone up on stage in your stop on the Elevation tour. Nothing like that in Milwaukee. Oh well, I guess I will just have to live vicariously through other girls.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

I totally agree with you on this Naya! I will also expand your complaint to say that he should try to pull up women who do not all look like supermodels!!!! It's just so boring (and unfair)! We need some ordinary fans up there.

(being both beautiful and half his age, our combined complaints would totally rule you out from getting pulled up Naya! LOL!!!)

And furthermore, he should let Edge have a turn in pulling someone up! *ahem*
biggrin.gif

I agree Edgie should get a go too. Adam would be nice as well.
wink.gif

I'm about half Bonos age and, much as I would love to get on stage, I think it would be nicer if he gave others a chance too.
Plus I'm no supermodel so maybe he should give the ugly ones a chance too.
smile.gif

with Adam so close to me in Austin and the "naive & trusting" security guy in front of me, i was so tempted to rush Adam, but alas i didn't. my conscience got the better of me, besides i'd hate to be booed by the crowd for ruining the song after tackling Adam to the ground!
smile.gif

i definitely agree with you guys Bono should let the others have a go at it, well everyone except Adam since I won't be at any other shows this tour!
wink.gif

------------------

"Bass players attract the weirdest fans," -Edge

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

I'm just glad Bono likes the whole dark featured thang... I'm sooo use to having the rock stars go for the blond hair thing... But Bono particularly likes dark featured gals...... I just find that cool.... He likes all type of women, cuz thats the way he is.... But he does have an interest in the dark featured thing... which is nonetheless nice........ This is what u call a diverse taste compared to all the other rock singers...lol..
chill and
peace out
and shake it shake it
Amna

In NYC he pulled up a girl who had been a fan for 20 years. Like I told you before he might even have pulled ME if I had not been to frozen to get the message,
frown.gif
and I'm almost as old as he is.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 11-13-2001).]

In Vancouver he pulled up TWO girls during WOWY. That was actually pretty cool though I was jealous. Not that I had a chance because I was miles away in the stands! I'm curious, does anyone know about other shows where he pulled up more than one girl at a time??

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

Aaaaw Mrs Edge !!!*bluuuuuuuuusssh*
Yer too kind, thanks. I think I'm rather plain though.
frown.gif

As for when I wish for diversity, I mean in the age department.

But yes when it comes to looks I agree with *Ally* that there has been girls with more interesting looks. When the Elevation Tour began he was mostly bringing up girls half his age, with dark hair and who were shorter than him. But now there's much more variety. Yea !

But you know what the real problem is? He should really, really bring up women who are 20 years old, 5'8,who have long wavy light brown/dark blonde thick hair, blue eyes, pale skin, who weigh about 123 pounds and who speak french. Hmm, that sounds familiar.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 11-13-2001).]

*sigh* I guess my being blond haired and blue eyed will finally work against me...oh wait, it already does! Why do people assume that just b/c I'm blond and can't spell that I'm an idiot? hmmmm...anyway, I think Bono should give the fair haired ladies a chance too!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Honey

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

hmmm. well, thinking back to all the shows that i've been to, bono has pulled up a *kinda* diverse bunch. here's what i've seen so far: a dark haired young woman, a pink haired young woman (yes, the Slane girl!), an African-American young woman (woohoo, khelia!!), and a tatooed young man! i have therefore concluded that although bono definitely goes for the young ones on a regular basis, he seems pretty open-minded when it comes to features/haircolor/sex.
wink.gif

in all seriousness, i agree with 2 of the main points being discussed here: 1) bono should pull up some ladies closer to his own age, and 2) ADAM should be able to pull up a girl (or two...)!!!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom