Discussion: are you a slave to fashion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone thinks my Pants are WEIRD

and eventually come to the conclusion that they are damn cool :D
those'd be the most expensive article of clothing I've ever bought, if they weren't in the name of U2 I'd consider myself a total freak :huh:
not that I'm NOT a freak
but yeah

MonaVox said:

:huh: I'm not a big person. I'm a size 9 but everyone thinks I'm like a size 3. I don't understand. Is our perception that warped? I take care of myself, but I'm not a stick...

I do think that today's perception of size is somewhat warped. I'm a size 4 or 6 and my best friend once tried to convince me to buy a size 0 pants because there wasnt much difference. I dont fret over what numerical size something is when I try it on...if it fits and looks good I go for it but that was just insane. I'm petite as it is but I took pride in becoming a little curvier a couple of years ago. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that more people are overweight compared to years ago so that throws people off. I have family members that are extremely overweight in my family and when I am around them I almost feel like I am too small.

Kristie said:
Everyone thinks my Pants are WEIRD

and eventually come to the conclusion that they are damn cool :D
those'd be the most expensive article of clothing I've ever bought, if they weren't in the name of U2 I'd consider myself a total freak :huh:
not that I'm NOT a freak
but yeah

assuming these are the adam pants that you're refering to...

you mean non-u2 fan people right?

SpanishEyes21 said:
I LOVE FASHION!!. I have loved fashion since I was a little girl . I studied fashion design in collage and I have a degree in Fashion Marketing. I read Vogue, Bazaar, Elle, well just about every fashion mag i can get my hands on :yes: and I know about every designer on the planet. I have so much clothes I dont know where to put them anymore. So I guess that makes me a slave to fashion.

COOOL:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I wear t-shirts and jeans. The only things I've bought myself since this summer are a pair of shoes when it got cold and a PopMart tee. I like lots of "fashionable" things, just can't afford them plain and simple.

*edited so I can play the "currently I'm wearing" game:

a pair of my dad's old black sweatpants
a pair of my dad's white socks I stole cus I ran out
my frog slippers
a red t-shirt from a mission trip
an old swim suit top I use as a bra cos its comfy

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

a pair of my dad's old black sweatpants
a pair of my dad's white socks I stole cus I ran out
my frog slippers
a red t-shirt from a mission trip
an old swim suit top I use as a bra cos its comfy

oo I play again
eeyore pajamas (got 'em for christmas)
socks
bra cos I haven't gotten around to freeing my boobs yet
underwear (birthday present)

speaking of popmart shirts, I hope my popmart shirt comes tomorrow

noooooooooo!! i wear whatever i wanna wear, and just buy what i like. i don't even wonder if it'll match anything, i rarely buy an entire outfit. however, i tend to mostly have black pants and skirts so everything would match that anyway.

when i went to see the play adaptation of "some like it hot" a couple weeks ago, i got a lot of peering, even though i was in the freakish (i use that term sarcastically) downtown area. i looked like a goth prom queen or something.

i was wearing a black (dd!!) tee shirt, and a long poofy black skirt (like how a prom dress is long and poofy). i had my dark burgundy ass kicking boots on. i still had black hair at the time, so i put some glitter in my hair, like in streaks. i also did my eyes in a cleopatra fashion, and wore red lipliner, but a neutral lipgloss to blend it a little but not really. my parents and husband thought i looked faboo, but people at the restaurant looked at me funny. once i got to the play, i looked more in my element, as i saw enough fur coats to keep all of africa warm.

so how many of you think i'm a freak now? :laugh:

matching? colour coordinated? outfit? plan what i'm wearing?

foriegn concepts...heh

sweater that looks like snowflake pattern, grey and blue...really long sleeves...

green cargo pants about 3 sizes too big for me

hiking boots that look like combat boots at first glance

and a plaid cap...like you know that golfer edge picture? that kind of cap, only red and black and green and proably some yellow plaid...not to mention my hair needs to be cut, so it sticks out at all angles, bangs fall down in the front...my sister accused me of TRYING to make it look like a less greasy version of a certain movie characer *cough*see avater*cough*...my response was "who the hell is that? what movie are you talking about? oh yeah, i've heard of that, u2 did a song for the soundtack"...opinions can change quickly, but i've digressed...eitherway, i need a haircut...*yells at currently annoying strands of hair that fall in my eyes* be gone with you!

i look demented...whacked...rediculous...and you know what? i don't really care...i'm posting this so everyone can have a crack at my hat in particular...i love my hat...

Tabby said:
Could anyone who wears a size 0 pants possibly have an ass?
no.

I'm like a guy, whatever smells semi-clean is good for me. :tongue:
I'm too lazy/stupid when it comes to these things to try and be "fashionable," especially since now it's damnass cold here, and I'm a poor college student. :D

*joins the "currently wearing" game*
? The same red shirt Lies was wearing yesterday (well, not the *same* one, but we went on the same mission trip, therefore I have one as well)
? Gymnastics team sweatshirt from last year
? Jeans that were too damnass expensive cause they're the only ones that fit my freakishly disproportionate legs. Oh, and they have a lovely rip from the bottom of the pocket to the center seam, which I certainly...didn't do...in the middle of class...yesterday. :shifty: :eek:

*edited cause eye kin tyep guud.*
dunce.gif

Last edited:
Tabby said:
Could anyone who wears a size 0 pants possibly have an ass? :shrug: When I was at my most beanpoliest and was borderline anorexic I wore a 5:shrug:

When I was 13 I wore a size 0, and I did have an ass, actually....then I got a bigger one....now I'm a 9. LOL

I am wearing my gray and black Elevation baseball shirt.

senrab said:

When I was 13 I wore a size 0, and I did have an ass, actually....then I got a bigger one....now I'm a 9. LOL

My sis is like that. She's 13 and as tall as me and I wear all her tops, but not her pants. She still has a boy butt and hips. I can't wait till I can wear her pants too.....

I'm a fatass

well....if it wasn't because I'm too big
to be trendy I would probably be more fashionable.
I worked for a trendy retail store for about
5 years and we were required to wear what
was "in" every season (I was thin then).
I have an "eye" for style but I?m much
more conservative now and I wear
what ever makes a fat girl look decent.
I guess my look would be more
like Ann Klein/Kenneth Cole.
:shrug: :(

ps. Has anyone seen "What not to Wear"
on BBC, it's hilarious - I love that show:der:

Re: I'm a fatass

AngelofLarrydom said:

ps. Has anyone seen "What not to Wear"
on BBC, it's hilarious - I love that show:der:

:lmao: They are hilarious- have you seen the one where the women borrows her friends bras??? :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom