did anyone ever notice this about bono during the elevation tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattFromNYC

War Child
there was a short period where bono didnt look..... like himself.
good example might be the 2nd "walk on" video (NON-Brazil version)... but mostly in pics did i notice this stuff.

his cheekbones look very much sharper and his forehead looks different... and his jaw looks very different.
it was majorly in his cheekbones though. his eyes even looked somewhat different. i had heard it might have been like a Botox thing and it wore off, since whatever it was, went away pretty quickly.

did anyone else notice this?

Could you post a few examples? I honestly can't picture Bono using botox, nor do I think he'd need to resort to something like that. :huh:

SpaceOddity said:
Could you post a few examples? I honestly can't picture Bono using botox, nor do I think he'd need to resort to something like that. :huh:

I was just going to say that! Bono isn't the type to resort to stuff like that. And he doesn't need to. He is beautiful as he is, inside out.

Bono did look alittle different during elevation...saw him close alot..but I dont' think it was anything that had to do with Botox or anything....he looked really good:drool: I think it was the haircut:hmm: made his features look more pronounced:drool:

I did notice something else, wich is so significant that he isn't doing this current tour..
on slane dvd, and about ever live picture you can find Bono has this thing with his left hand.... he sure has one heck of a leftie there! but during vertigo, he didn't do it anymore...

his eye swells up due to allergies from time to time, folks (he talks about it all the time). lay off the conspiracy theory. :eyebrow: at least until christmas is over. :rolleyes:

no, it is not swelling. its the entire face.

bono has very unique eyes, and that alone gave it away that something was not right.

and yes, i have seen pics from that period where he's signing fans' stuff with his left hand. unless he ambitextrous (sp?) i dont know what it is. unless maybe something was wrong with his arm?

i mean come on, bone structure doesnt change like that...

maybe he was taking a steroidal based drug or treatment at the time? you know, back problems at the time or something else? those can cause physical changes like that....

If Edgie made clones, I demand to get one for Christmas.
Afterall, it's all in the festive spirit to share the love. :wink:

As for him looking differnent, during the tour his father was sick and sadly passed away. Has anyone considered the fact that stress, worry etc, can wear on a person...

I'm still holding out for a clone though :drool:

To me it seemed very obvious that Bono wore some type of hairpiece during the tour.

Sometimes his hair was very long and thick making him look younger and his face more slender.

of course Bono looked younger and had better hair....its because he was younger....the man is 4ish years from being 50!! He still makes 16 year old shreik and drool over him....thats pretty damn good:up:

u256.jpg
[/IMG]
Now

Bonoblk.jpg
[/IMG]
elevation

bono1a.jpg
[/IMG]

images.jpg
[/IMG]

sweet.jpg
[/IMG]

elesc.jpg
[/IMG]
now

I see the same man:drool: ...now alittle more wrinkles, a few more pounds...but the same guy..no hair piece...no botox...

Dismantled said:
of course Bono looked younger and had better hair....its because he was younger....the man is 4ish years from being 50!! He still makes 16 year old shreik and drool over him....thats pretty damn good:up:

17 yr olds, too! :drool:

34586%3A932%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D32333499%3B2%3B5%3Cnu0mrj

I've noticed that , He changes from pic to pic. Maybe since he has a big nose and a large chin, the way in which light illuminates his face makes a big difference. didn't corbjn once said that he had many different faces? i have a collection of pictures of him from the 80s and sometimes he looks like a different person.

MattFromNYC said:
there was a short period where bono didnt look..... like himself.
good example might be the 2nd "walk on" video (NON-Brazil version)... but mostly in pics did i notice this stuff.

his cheekbones look very much sharper and his forehead looks different... and his jaw looks very different.
it was majorly in his cheekbones though. his eyes even looked somewhat different. i had heard it might have been like a Botox thing and it wore off, since whatever it was, went away pretty quickly.

did anyone else notice this?

Well, in one pic I saw of him at the MTV movie awards back in 2000-2001 or 2002? :lol: he looked different. I will admit that. I need to find that pic!

it isnt any of the pics you guys just posted. its just during a short small period... of like a month or two or something. i guess around when the NON-Brazil "walk on" video was made.. or the European Video Music Awards...

i was looking earlier for some that REALLY showed it, but cant find any right now.

this was just a little too weird.

someone has a pic in the avatar of him like this, i cant remember who. i'll be back later.. hopefully i will have found some by then.

his whole face was just VERY wider and almost looked kind of feminized in a sense, but wider, if that makes sense...

maybe it was a lot of make-up or something...

I liek that video. he does look different but i cant put my finger on it. the only things i can think of are:

a) he is wearing non wraparound glasses
b) his hair is shorter and kind of parted to the left.

Just watched the video and yeah, I think it's gotta be his hair... I mean, try to figure him with the Elevation classical hair or just without it, lol. And he is the same!! Well, that's my view, at least :shrug: Hi is a lottle less wrinkled but you can see a difference between the earliest pictures, not between pictures shot nearly that time. I mean, he seems to be againg naturally. AND he's still very :drool: :drool: :drool: -worth to 16 year olds, I admit :wink:

Back
Top Bottom