did anyone ever notice this about bono during the elevation tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MooMoo! said:
well i cant honestly see a BIG difference on the vid...

with regards to the lefty thing, ive seen many mirrored pictures of the band, eg. edge playing left handed. (which obviously he doesnt) so youd have to see if the hand hes writing with has the ring on it,if it doesnt, its most likely a mirrored pic. :)

fans said when they met him he was signing stuff left-handed.

and the ring... same thing.

OMGZ!!!111

I promised not to say anything, but here's the story of what happened!

Bono was kidnapped by an angry world leader pissed off about Bono going on and on about eradicating stupid world poverty. The band of course in an effort to cover this up while they set up an undercover world class team of bounty hunters to retrieve him arranged for a look alike to step in... Thankfully the mission was a success!!!!11 Faux!bono was pretty successful in his cover up mission, except for the fact that he was left handed. D'oh!

Thank god... how sad would I be if i had danced with Faux!Bono instead of the real thing... :sad:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
OMGZ!!!111

I promised not to say anything, but here's the story of what happened!

Bono was kidnapped by an angry world leader pissed off about Bono going on and on about eradicating stupid world poverty. The band of course in an effort to cover this up while they set up an undercover world class team of bounty hunters to retrieve him arranged for a look alike to step in... Thankfully the mission was a success!!!!11 Faux!bono was pretty successful in his cover up mission, except for the fact that he was left handed. D'oh!

Thank god... how sad would I be if i had danced with Faux!Bono instead of the real thing... :sad:

'even better than the real thing'? lol. sorry...

i am not saying anyone really did anything.... like that..

just that in some cases during that time period, it looked as if someone really did take his place.

i honestly would not be suprised. strange things im sure have happened in the inner-world of U2... that we don't know about.

i really think in bono's position, politically, and publicly, that he may indeed have a body-double. like it is said of politicians/presidents.

i honestly thought maybe he was ambidextrous. (able to write with both hands)

but, who knows.

MooMoo, when you said you noticed the BIG difference in the video.. which things did you feel stood out as different?

I think some of you have way too much time on your hands.

Threads like this remind me why I hardly ever visit this part of Interference anymore.

I'm so glad I'm not famous. It must suck to have every single detail about your appearance nitpicked and analyzed on the Internet.

Bono's shades said:

Threads like this remind me why I hardly ever visit this part of Interference anymore.

I'm so glad I'm not famous. It must suck to have every single detail about your appearance nitpicked and analyzed on the Internet.

i think these things are interesting... and questionnable.

I do agree that his eyes looked different....they seemed to be shaped different. I believe they were wider and more oval shaped than usual. That's what stood out, when I watched the video.

MattFromNYC said:
i honestly thought maybe he was ambidextrous. (able to write with both hands)

but, who knows.

MooMoo, when you said you noticed the BIG difference in the video.. which things did you feel stood out as different?
i said i cant see a big difference.

i think teh face shape thing might just be down to weight. it is known that bono "oscillates" (as he puts it)

this is like the "paul is dead" thing, lol.

dont forget in vids they'd be done up a bit, makeup etc. plus those glasses do make him look a little different.

Bono's shades said:

I second that!
also, I can write with Both hands too, but you'll never see me write right-handed, only when I'm very tired.. so I'd go for the ambidextrous one... come on! don't be ridiculous, a body double??? spare me! heelloooo you have a mind, I hope, USE IT FGS! why the fuck would he want a body double? Bono tries his best to be at least a little bit normal, and he hates the celebrity thing... having a body double would make him a big celebrity, and that's what he's trying NOT to be! what logic is in this?
and I don't think they'd be able to find a double for him anyway, without surgery... and that's only looks... you can't copy his charisma, his natural ability to connect with people...
is this btw allowed here? there are rules about not discussing private things of bandmembers right? isn't this under one of those?

Bono's shades said:

DITTO

i may consider myself a little OTT when it comes to bono sometimes.....but this is a little silly :giggle:

Personally I think he looks different because his hair was darker and longer...:drool: and he was clean shaven and a bit slimmer...and he didn't wear those darn glasses all the time! I think rimless ones make anyone look a bit older. I think he looked about 10 years younger during the Elevation period:reject: I'm thinking of the Boston DVD. But before you kick me for being tactless I still think he's beautiful!

I seem to remember Bono was rail thin (well, not /rail/ thin, but definitely tiny for a guy) for a very long time. And then, he got bigger. And then, he got smaller.
Dude. There is no conspiracy. He's actually very small when he eats right and excercises. Or likely stressed to within an inch of his life, as when his father was ill.
Lay off it.

Bono's shades said:

I, too, find myself spending less and less time here.

He was under stress, like everyone's said, which accounts for the weight. And as for the left/right differences... I'm ambidexterous, and when I'm taking exams I'll do one with my left and another with my right to keep from getting a cramp in my wrist. He might have just been doing the same? No conspiracy here.

he doesnt really look like himself..agreed.
and edge cloned him i think he should clone himself...and send a Bedge for my birthday. :yes:

Edgeistoosexy, perhaps it would be smart to check the date of the threads you are reading, as this thread is more than a year old and the discussion isn't active anymore...

BonoFox1 said:
^ maybe that is the prob Matt:eyebrow:

I have a gazillion Bono pics and I do see his face a bit thinner around Elevation, his Body too.....I got worried sick when my mom was ill and lost weight with out even realizing it, plus I didnt get much sleep either..so people were trying to point out something different about how I looked but couldnt quite figure it out....

I don't doubt Bono was going though stress and worry about his ill father....:|

men tend to lose bodyfat quicker than women........and bono has beautiful cheek bones....

which i bet did lose some 40+ yr old little extra fat under them due to the above mentioned stresses!
wouldn't be surised...... it's a small area of fat.easy to dissapear under stress conditions

BTW I'm an artist....so know some about body structure!v :D

What I notice about Bono quite often is that when he actually loses weight, his face is the first place to show, even if his body doesn't seem to be slimmer, I believe that is just the way his body is structured, and he has never been really slim, he simply isn't built this way.
But when he is losing weight or is under much stress and pressure, it is clearly showing in his face, like in early 2004 where I felt he looked "bad" because his face was really thin.
That, along with some other factors like being clean-shaven, wearing no glasses, a certain hairstyle etc. can change a person's appearance - in this case: Bono's - really very much.

I cannot believe this old, tired thread was resurrected. Come on . . . .

Maybe the now-Bono is the fake one--after all, he is rounder and shorter-looking, and he has short hair! :corn:

Back
Top Bottom