Detroit Rock City - Photos! 10/24 & 10/25/2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zooholland said:

well for some reason i would be willing to to bet on it that you will get the first adam dance in cleveland (maybe you and LMPA should learn to play the bass so you can really steal popbellydancers idea and one of you play the bass while the other one dances:wink: )
......Its amazing the experiences you have had over the last few weeks...I dont think there are many fans who can top that..(Although i think its not all luck...you do have a serious talent for making very cool signs)

No, we have to find some poor soul willing to learn so we BOTH can get up there! I don't think he'd have it any other way, hehe. :wink:

Miroslava said:

Aw! :cute:

The signs have definitely been fun... I feel like Wile E. Coyote from the Road Runner though http://www.zewebanim.com/images/Looneytunes/wile-coyote-wallpaper.jpg

I was thinking last night that I need to go back to one page signs for my next shows since I am going solo. And I've learned my lesson... make lots... I had originally only made the 3 (2 for B one for Adam thinking I had 3 shows to get them looked at... :lol:) Then made 3 more (doubled up for April and) I thinking we had 2 shows to get them viewed and they got done. And we did 3 more,,,

I think my new ones are going to say

"Adam, remeber the girl that was with me in Pitts and Detroit?"

"She's an evil biotch, pick only me in Cleveland!!!111"

:sexywink:

:lmao:

MEOW! So now the claws come out, eh? :sexywink:

:lol:

You know it! :angry:

:sexywink:

Dear Diary:

I have spoken with the security team and all is set for D-Day (that is Dancing Girls for Adam Day!)... I can't wait!

I suppose we better explain this whole diary thing before we get even more annoying... :lol:

After the first Detroit show, we went to our hotel room and were brainstorming for new sign ideas. We had slept in a car the night before for a total of 2.5 hours and in a tent the night prior for about 5.5 hours... We were loopy at best.

So after coming up with the "Why Should Bono get all the dancing girls"/ "Cleveland. Dec. 10th. Think about it." Sign we were giggling saying, watch he's going to go backstage after the show and ask his assistant for his calendar so he can mark the date...

That then evolved into a 2:00 am giggle fit about Adam sitting down in his robe, sipping tea and writing into his Hello Kitty Diary...

Dear Diary:

December 10th I get dancing chicks...

It has just gone on from there...

April's vision was that he'd be writing it with a pen with a troll cap :lmao:

Miroslava said:
I suppose we better explain this whole diary thing before we get even more annoying... :lol:

After the first Detroit show, we went to our hotel room and were brainstorming for new sign ideas. We had slept in a car the night before for a total of 2.5 hours and in a tent the night prior for about 5.5 hours... We were loopy at best.

So after coming up with the "Why Should Bono get all the dancing girls"/ "Cleveland. Dec. 10th. Think about it." Sign we were giggling saying, watch he's going to go backstage after the show and ask his assistant for his calendar so he can mark the date...

That then evolved into a 2:00 am giggle fit about Adam sitting down in his robe, sipping tea and writing into his Hello Kitty Diary...

Dear Diary:

December 10th I get dancing chicks...

It has just gone on from there...

April's vision was that he'd be writing it with a pen with a troll cap :lmao:

SolaceVIP has posted his Detroit and Pitts pictures... :D

And :combust:

f1l3pw.jpg

f1l3sz.jpg

f1l3ww.jpg

The rest of the chick is missing, but still :combust:

Actually, the ET Beautiful Day moment was in Pittsburgh... he actually caressed my index and middle fingers at this show :combust:

Yay for long monkey arms! :hyper:

Oh, and those three hands belong to myself, April and Beth :lol:

Oooooooooooooh, that's right... Mark, you're coming to Cleveland... I'll make you the sign you need to carry :hyper:

And for the record, I am just kidding, I'm not stealing PopBellyDancer's idea or anything

Last edited:
:shh:

December 11, 2005

Dear Diary:

My dancing chicks were so smart. I thought they were going to have to dance around me while I kept playing. But they even came prepared with their own bass player....

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

i almost spit out my drink reading that! It's all in imagining that posh accent!

Adam 's accent:drool:

So is this a really plan, cause if it is I think it is Brilliant IMO.:wink:

No it's not. So come Dec. 11th when we're back home without a dance dont be dissapointed cause we won't :lol:

Besides, we'll be too busy bawling our eyes out as that seems to be the last show for us :sad: :sad:

Miroslava said:

No it's not. So come Dec. 11th when we're back home without a dance dont be dissapointed cause we won't :lol:

Besides, we'll be too busy bawling our eyes out as that seems to be the last show for us :sad: :sad:

I am willing to continue on with the quest at the St. Louis show

which I think you should all come to :grumpy:
will be a good time

Middle of the week shows :angry:

I officially used my last day of vacation for Detroit 2. My boss is letting me go to Vegas if I get my crap together and take Friday off, but then that's that... :sad:

Miroslava said:

I was ALL excited for nothing:der:

Well I can always dream:wink:

You should come to STL like chissi said:hug:

Aw Mark, coming from you, that means a lot, but you shall remain the official picture taking champ :bow:

So you're coming to Cleveland with us, standing next to us and playing bass when instructed, right?

:shifty:

:lmao:

Miroslava said:
Aw Mark, coming from you, that means a lot, but you shall remain the official picture taking champ :bow:
So you're coming to Cleveland with us, standing next to us and playing bass when instructed, right?

Serously Miro...some really good pictures. I was wondering if I should start watermarking my pictures with something. I would love to play NYD with the band.....

......but seems the shows are definitely geared towards guitar players. Would the silver fox hand his bass over to me?

:ohmy:

I like how everyone is started to use my phrase......."the silver fox". I wish I managed to tell him that when Adam was in Toronto.

solacevip said:

Serously Miro...some really good pictures. I was wondering if I should start watermarking my pictures with something. I would love to play NYD with the band.....

......but seems the shows are definitely geared towards guitar players. Would the silver fox hand his bass over to me?

I like how everyone is started to use my phrase......."the silver fox". I wish I managed to tell him that when Adam was in Toronto.

You are the one who made up the name SILVER FOX!!!!

God Bless you man:bow:

I still think this plan is BRILL, someone should give it a shot
Just imagine the photo opp!!!
The :adam: :dance: :heart:

I think I will get a t-shirt made for the next show
I :heart: the SILVER FOX!!!:drool:

Miroslava said:

Serously Miro...some really good pictures. I was wondering if I should start watermarking my pictures with something like you have done. I would love to play NYD with the band.....

Well, I clean and crop my pictures anyway, so it is not a hassle to throw the name in the corner... If I was just uploading straight up from the camera I probably would not bother... you take lots more picture too, though there are ways to automate the process through PS... :hmm:

And seriously, you guys are all way too funny with this dancing Adam thing :lmao:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Dear Diary,

My girls would look lovely dancing to my best song, and now that they found someone to play my part, I can dance with them. Score!

Seriously, it hasnt gotten old yet! :lmao:

K-NY02348_s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom