Detroit Rock City - Photos! 10/24 & 10/25/2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This one is trimmed down from the pic in the first post...

34535%3A6%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2327%3D6%3A8%3D9%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B944233%3B9ot1lsi

34535%3A6%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D6%3A8%3D9%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B9449%3C9%3A4ot1lsi

34535%3A6%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3236%3E5%3B7%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C853%3A988%3Bnu0mrj

Detroit 2

f0zz93.jpg

f100n9.jpg

Only pic I got of Gabe! :lol: The camera was definitely not read for an emergency... I hope Mark was ready...

popbellydancer said:

well, miro i can't belive this thread...you've stolen my ideas!!!! since DC my guy friend and i have been thinking of getting him onstage to play bass while i distract and dance for/with adam!!!:drool: :dance: :kiss:

leave it to you to ruin that idea!!! :madspit:

So apparently I am a mind reader now :hmm:

Wonder what other evil things I can do with this new power! :hyper:

Monday night was the best show I've ever been to. :hyper: I've said that about EVERY show this whole leg (I've been to 6 so far) but the energy was amazing and it was cool that I'd gotten to know about half of the people in the arena throughout the entire tour. :D

I didn't take many pictures but I think I got a few good ones.

This is the other side of the big one ARW quoted on the first page...I'm two people down from her in that on, in the green shirt with a grey one underneath, holding the camera up for this...
34535%3A%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3237%3E3%3C5%3E76%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C8537%3B9%3A5nu0mrj

34535%3A%3A723232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B944747%3C3ot1lsi

34535%3A%3A723232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B944747%3C%3Bot1lsi

34535%3A%3A723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B94474838ot1lsi

34535%3A%3A723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B9447483%3Aot1lsi

:heart:

WOW, these pics are great! Thank you for sharing.OMG , I cannot wait to see Adam again!:drool:

I am next to Schmeg in that photo in the first page....I am the one looking down at his damn cell phone trying to delete a photo :angry:

I LOVE April's facial expression in that photo: :ohmy:

I need to thank April for the ticket and opportunity to go to a DTW show, April and Miroslava for the GA line guidance and ARW, Schmeg and Kariann for being there! I have been seeing U2 for just under 18 1/2 years, and I have never been so close to them before. It was my best show! THANK YOU...and keep the pictures coming...

:D

More pictures coming up, from Detroit 2 though :wink:

I am glad you had fun... :D but wake me up again with a phone call and I am busting some knee caps :angry:

f1b33d.jpg

f1b3f4.jpg

:heart:

Miroslava said:
I am glad you had fun... :D but wake me up again with a phone call and I am busting some knee caps :angry:

:kiss:

I really expected April to be awake as the GA line manager!

:uhoh:

Thank you again...you helped a lifelong U2 have one of themost amazing experiences of his fandom! :D

I LOVE the last photo of Adam.

As he came down the elipse on Monday night, I was feverishly trying to get his attention...pointing out the signs you guys made for him...I think I got his attention...I saw his eyes focus on the signs after that! And then the smile!

zoney! said:

:kiss:

I really expected April to be awake as the GA line manager!

GA line managers are people too :sad: :sad:

And Adam ROCKS! Thanks for the help if you had anything to do with it, but I have a feeling he would have seen it anyway :sexywink: That man can sense an opportunity for a good flirty moment like no one else :lol:

Miroslava said:

Detroit 2:

He saw us and gave us love before we could even whip up the signs. He looked at us and just burst out laughing. We still used our signs though:

April: "We're baaaaaaaaaaaaack. Worried we wouldn't?"

Miroslava: "How about some of that Silver Fox love?" (recycled from night before, but hey it worked!)

Then

April: "Why should bono get all the Dancing Girls?"

Miroslava: "Cleveland. Dec. 10. Think about it"

He LOST it with that one. He took a step forward and said "Thank you so very much"... twice! :faint:

Then during WOWY as Bono was on the ellipse, I held the "Why should Bono get all the dancing girls" sign again for him and he shrugged and made a face like "very good question"

:love:

So THAT's why Adam had such beautiful and such goofy smiles during Detroit 2!

I saw those smiles on Adam. I was only a few people behind the two of you. :shh:

But I didn't read what was on your signs. :giggle:

Good luck in Cleveland! I'll be watching ... from the cheap seats. :|

Hey, I love the ellipse. But wait in a GA line in DECEMBER? In downtown Cleveland? At my age? No. I don't think so, thanks.

jobob said:

So THAT's why Adam had such beautiful and such goofy smiles during Detroit 2!

I saw those smiles on Adam. I was only a few people behind the two of you. :shh:

:lol:

Well, not all of the smiles were cause of us, but yeah, we were the cause for a good chunk of them! :lol:

And the Cleveland thing is a total joke of course. It just so happens that it is the next show April and I are doing together and at which we will be trying our best to make Mr. Clayton laugh some more :D

Go for it babes! Make Adam laugh!! This Adam fan will be sooting for you all from the other side of the world.

Which reminds me, U2 tribute band Rattle & Hum are coming to my country, ticket priced at about 25 euros.

Nothing beats the real thing

zoney! said:

Thank you again...you helped a lifelong U2 have one of themost amazing experiences of his fandom! :D

I'm soooo glad you were able to come on Monday and be with us in the front!!!!!!! :drool: It was great knowing all of my friends were either in or around the ellipse with me. It was such a huge deal for me to have that spot after 9 shows in the stands. My last 2 shows were all the way at the top of the arena to the back. :sigh: Monday nights show is by far the best show I've ever been to (outside of Dublin #1! :drool: ).

Looks like it was a GREAT show!!! Thanks for sharing pics. Always good to see the boys up close and personal.

And Adam looks especially :drool:

Miroslava said:

Well, not all of the smiles were cause of us, but yeah, we were the cause for a good chunk of them! :lol:

And the Cleveland thing is a total joke of course. It just so happens that it is the next show April and I are doing together and at which we will be trying our best to make Mr. Clayton laugh some more :D

That we will! :giggle:

You're very welcome, Jeff! :D But yeah, April on 2 1/2 hours of sleep is not something very many people ought to test out. :wink: Never in my life did I think I'd be helping to run a U2 GA line!

As for Tuesday, we didn't even have to raise the signs up - he saw us and the grins were already there! That devil.... :mac:

zoney! said:
I LOVE the last photo of Adam.

As he came down the elipse on Monday night, I was feverishly trying to get his attention...pointing out the signs you guys made for him...I think I got his attention...I saw his eyes focus on the signs after that! And then the smile!

:D:D:D

I love that man's smile, it's so infectious! :drool:

Miroslava said:

well for some reason i would be willing to to bet on it that you will get the first adam dance in cleveland (maybe you and LMPA should learn to play the bass so you can really steal popbellydancers idea and one of you play the bass while the other one dances:wink: )
......Its amazing the experiences you have had over the last few weeks...I dont think there are many fans who can top that..(Although i think its not all luck...you do have a serious talent for making very cool signs)

zooholland said:

well for some reason i would be willing to to bet on it that you will get the first adam dance in cleveland (maybe you and LMPA should learn to play the bass so you can really steal popbellydancers idea and one of you play the bass while the other one dances:wink: )
......Its amazing the experiences you have had over the last few weeks...I dont think there are many fans who can top that..(Although i think its not all luck...you do have a serious talent for making very cool signs)

Aw! :cute:

The signs have definitely been fun... I feel like Wile E. Coyote from the Road Runner though http://www.zewebanim.com/images/Looneytunes/wile-coyote-wallpaper.jpg

I was thinking last night that I need to go back to one page signs for my next shows since I am going solo. And I've learned my lesson... make lots... I had originally only made the 3 (2 for B one for Adam thinking I had 3 shows to get them looked at... :lol:) Then made 3 more (doubled up for April and) I thinking we had 2 shows to get them viewed and they got done. And we did 3 more,,,

I think my new ones are going to say

"Adam, remeber the girl that was with me in Pitts and Detroit?"

"She's an evil biotch, pick only me in Cleveland!!!111"

:sexywink:

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom