Destiny???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Destiny & Soulmates???

Destiny: the fate to which a particular person or thing is destined. A predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human control.

Do you believe in destiny or fate???

Do you believe everyone has a soulmate, somewhere in the world???

Last edited:
I don't really believe in desiny, no... I believe that your disposition make certain things more likely to happen, but I think everything is within human control. Well, everything that's not in the category of "the sun rising" or something.

As for a soulmate, I don't think I believe in it in the same sense that most do, that somene else was created just for you. I believe that there's one or a few people in the world that you will naturally get along with better than most, but every relationship needs work from both parties. It won't be Cinderella perfect.

This from the girl who, the week prior to hooking up with the love of her life, ran into him every single day on campus. We've got 35,000 people here, I go for years without running into people.
:shrug: :sexywink:

I really don't know.... it's one of those things I've often asked myself and I've never been able to come to a definite conclusion. I don't really believe in soulmates... like Kristie said there are just a few people who you'll naturally get along with really well. I just don't think I can get along with anyone like that! :eeklaugh:

I don't believe in destiny, I don't think it is written anywhere but I do think that we are not exactly owners of our life, I mean, we not only depend on our decisions but also on the other's, on nature... like if every single person were in a spider's web. I don't know if you understand what I mean.

And no, I don't believe in soulmates. I just think that you connect better with one person than with another, but I don't think there's just ONE person...

Pretty interesting topic, by the way.

well, without getting into too much detail, because it IS a public board and anyone can read this... I've had this chance meeting with a guy...and it's absolutely mind-boggling how much we have in common, how well we get on with each other, etc. And like I said, it was a 'chance' meeting, but it's all so weird in that it really feels like it was meant to be. I feel it's entirely my choice whether I go forward and pursue it, but it really feels like fate brought us together.

I was just curious what others thought... :shrug:

Doc Brown in Back to the Future 3 said that the future is unwritten. I don't know, I think it might be. The last Tsar of Russia's wife believed that, but he himself believed that everything was predetermined in advance and no matter what we do, the results will always be the same. I'm a little bit of both.

I believe we all have a destiny, but not all of them are good ones. I believe we can have one and miss it. I know I have. (this is not about love but everything in life, though it can apply to love.)

I believe in fate. Things have happened that have proven it to me. But unfortunately I didn't do what I was supposed to do and the things messed up, but later on I could see what signs had meant too late. I do believe things are determined by destiny but even if some things are meant to be we have a hand in how they ultimately turn out. Or maybe it throws us a line and that's all it can do, we have to grab it or miss it on our own. So go for it Erised! :hug:

If I were a good little Calvinist and adhered to the doctrines I was taught as I child, I would say yes to Providence. There is no such thing as the freedom of the will.

I BELIEVE FATE BROUGHT U2 AND MY PARENTS TOGETHER! But I do think we have lots of control in our hands.

Yeah, I suppose I believe in destiny. Not that I feel that I don't have any control over my life, quite the opposite. I just believe that all things happen for a reason.

My favorite tarot card is the Wheel of Fortune, which basically states that as you walk down the road of your life both good and bad things will happen, but your fortune is always changing and it is taking you down the path you are meant to be on.

As far as soulmates, I'd like to believe in them. I've had no romantic entanglements as of yet that have made me think that I've met my soulmate, but I still have hope.

I believe more in faith then destiny. I find it hard to accept that my life has already been written, and no matter how I live, I couldn't change it. Faith, however, is a huge concept in my life. Without that I would be lost. I use my faith to guide me, and help me in my choices.

And no, I don't think that everyone has a soulmate, that is too closely releated to destiny. I do think there is someone out there for everyone, but I don't think those couples are predetermined, of "destined" to be together. Life is something that comes from choices. As are those we meet throughout.

(Did I make any sense here? Sorry if I confused you, I can be very good at that.)

Back
Top Bottom