Denver 4/21 - Meeting Bono before soundcheck...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miroslava

ONE love, blood, life
So I think most of you have read that I was lucky enough to get my long awaited BonoHug... Unfortunately I had no pictures of it until Chuckver came through... Damn wind messed up my hair that exact second and I hate my profile, but who the hell cares!! Bono's hand is on my shoulder

:hyper: :hyper:

18114miroslava.jpg

Thank you so much Chuckver!!!

So if anyone else got lucky enough to meet Bono that day, please post your pictures here. I will go get the rest...

Oh... and I don;t look that MUCH taller than Bono, do I? Unless I am crouching, which is a possibility... I am 99% sure I was off the sidewalk, and with the shoes I have on, I am a good 6'00" tall :p

See Bono, you can pick me to go up on stage and dance, I won't be that much taller :wink:

Last edited:
3517220050421Denver01.jpg

3517220050421Denver02.jpg

3517220050421Denver03.jpg

3517220050421Denver04.jpg

Pictures kindly taken by Chuckver's Brother in Law with my camera...

Awesome! You must be thrilled! You don't look that much taller than him! :hug:

Damn he looks so good.

Is that huge guy next to him his bodyguard?

i am so happy for your miroslava! that's a great pic, in spite of the wind! and, no, you are definitely not too tall to dance with him... :up:

congratulations!!! :hyper:

and lauren, the guy next to bono is his bodyguard, john sampson. i've never really interacted w/ him, but apparently he's quite nice/friendly w/ fans. :)

Yeah! Please post pictures! I was there too but my camera died right when Bono got out of the car! :sad:

It was amazing though! I've met him a few times before, so I wasn't quite as freaked out, but it was still REALLY cool!

When he got to me, he had a sharpie in his hand and he gave it to me. I wasn't requesting an autograph or anything, he just gave me the sharpie. At the time I was confused, but now I find it really funny! Four years ago when I met him, he took my sharpie! So I guess this was his way of giving it back to me. :wink:

Anyway, I said "how you doing Bono?" and then he smiled and gave me the sharpie. I looked down at it confused and then looked back up at him. He was signing for the girl next to me but then he looked back at me and blew me a kiss. I smiled and then he winked at me. Talk about surreal! I was still confused when he got back in his car and drove away, but I figured I could deal with the confusion since I had just met Bono again!

And to think, the security tried to get us all to go away by telling us Bono was already inside. Pft.

John is indeed very nice and funny... I made sure I yelled thanks Bono and thanks John as they were getting in the car... I felt like a brown noser, but I also felt I had to say it... :p

Thanks for the kind words... :hug:

eep said:
Yeah! Please post pictures! I was there too but my camera died right when Bono got out of the car! :sad:

It was amazing though! I've met him a few times before, so I wasn't quite as freaked out, but it was still REALLY cool!

When he got to me, he had a sharpie in his hand and he gave it to me. I wasn't requesting an autograph or anything, he just gave me the sharpie. At the time I was confused, but now I find it really funny! Four years ago when I met him, he took my sharpie! So I guess this was his way of giving it back to me. :wink:

Anyway, I said "how you doing Bono?" and then he smiled and gave me the sharpie. I looked down at it confused and then looked back up at him. He was signing for the girl next to me but then he looked back at me and blew me a kiss. I smiled and then he winked at me. Talk about surreal! I was still confused when he got back in his car and drove away, but I figured I could deal with the confusion since I had just met Bono again!

And to think, the security tried to get us all to go away by telling us Bono was already inside. Pft.

I hope you bring this luck with you to Chicago :wink:

I am also coming to Chicago 1, so I am hoping to bring my U2 karma with me... thus far it has worked out rather well for me

1. Front row in Brooklyn
2. Front row outer elipse in Denver 1
3. Bono hug/backrub/lil moann growl thingy/most delicious smell in the world

:drool:

Oh and eep... didn't know security was trying to tell us he was already there... pffff :mad:

Miroslava said:
I am also coming to Chicago 1, so I am hoping to bring my U2 karma with me... thus far it has worked out rather well for me

1. Front row in Brooklyn
2. Front row outer elipse in Denver 1
3. Bono hug/backrub/lil moann growl thingy/most delicious smell in the world

:drool:

Oh and eep... didn't know security was trying to tell us he was already there... pffff :mad:

Daaaaamn Miroslava, that's awesome! Congrats! I must admit I'm rather jealous... :wink: So you'll be at Chicago 1? Maybe I'll run into you there with my pal Alec. Any tips for meeting the band? I don't have GA tix for this show (I do for December 10th Cleveland though, yeeeea!!) but I was planning on showing up early anyway, 'cause I wanted to catch the band during soundcheck...

AtomicBono said:

Daaaaamn Miroslava, that's awesome! Congrats! I must admit I'm rather jealous... :wink: So you'll be at Chicago 1? Maybe I'll run into you there with my pal Alec. Any tips for meeting the band? I don't have GA tix for this show (I do for December 10th Cleveland though, yeeeea!!) but I was planning on showing up early anyway, 'cause I wanted to catch the band during soundcheck...

yes, miroslava, congratulations on all your good luck! i hope you continue to be lucky! :up:

AtomicBono: i've tried to meet the band a numerous times during soundcheck. they usually arrive somtime between 2 and 4, though usually closer to 3:30 or so. but get there early, just in case! they come in via one of the back entrances to the venue- i'm sure there will be a pretty big group of people waiting around, so just keep your eyes peeled. and good luck!!! :hyper:

Miroslava - how did you get such a good spot for the show and yet be able to meet Bono in the afternoon? Did you just have to be back in line to go in at a certain time?

Ok so let me see here... Thanks everyone for the congrats :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

What Ally said about meeting the band before sound check is exactly what I would have said... We tried doing this on the 20th (the day I actually went to the show) but it got to be 4:30 and still no Bono... the line was supposed to start getting serious around 5:00, it also started to rain, and we figured Bono would not have any time to stop by so we gave up... People that stayed behind reported that he only did a little wave from inside the car, so we made the right call... We didn't have ANY problems getting back in line or anything, however, we had also been there since around 8:00 am.. I think we were gone for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes that time...

As far as the day we met him (21st). We actually were leaving Denver and on our way to the airport soon (flight left at 6:45 and we had a rental car to return) but at around 3:30 we decided to go check out the line and see if we ran into anyone we had met the day before. We then bought a couple programs and decided that we would stick around 'til 4:15 or so to see if the guys showed up. Once we were waiting we had actually decided to wait til about 4:30 or so which was a good thing cause B showed up around 4:20 :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

We made our plane just fine...

Now... hmm I think U2Girl asked about the spot outside the outer elipse... I would say the best place to be is just slightly to the right of the center... we were dead center, and B did spend a bit of time there, but the drum and the band position themselves off to the right from the center... Now as far as how we got the front rail, that is actually a funny story... we were number 81 and 82 which got us a second and third spot off the rail. I sent my friend in front of me since she's 5'4 or so (you can see her in the pics with pink striped shirt) and right in front of us was a guy. He turned around and started talking to his friends about 8-10 deep behind us... So I decided to try to be funny/annoying just to see what happened:

Me: Hey if you want to go with your friends, I can let you through nooooooo problem *instert coy smile/twinkly eyes*

Matt: Ha! Thanks for offering but I am fine

Me: Just checking

Matt to friends: Dude I really need to go to the bathroom blah blah blah

*friends pass a cup of water, Matt drinks and complains about having to go to the bathroom but continues to drink*

Me talking to friends: Hey guys! Keep them coming!! *more coy smiles*

Matt: Ha! You're bad

*smiles, probably eyelash bat*

Me: Seriously if you choose to go hang out with your friends, won't you please keep us in mind and let us have your spot? *more eyelash batting*

Matt: Hi, I am Matt. What are your names.

*we introduced ourselves*

Matt: Ok, it's yours. I am going to go hang out with my friends... just do me a favor... when I come back, help me out and say I am with you so I can stand behind you guys...

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

So off he went... I made myself wider that normal to take up as much room all throughout KOL, but he wisely did not return... I gave up on him... so 5 minutes before U2 starts, Mike (another guy we had met in line) taps me on the shoulder... Matt is a few people back carrying the 2 biggest beers I have ever seen... tells me to hold one, he continues to make his way in

Matt: Take one

Me: What? A beer?

Matt: Yup... I had to tell people I had a hot wife with pierced nipples waiting for me to bring her a beer... it was the only way I could get in... :huh: :eyebrow:

Me: Oooooooookay... :huh: I waited for you... but I don't like beer

*gives beer away to another awesome guy we had met*

Me: Matt, you sure have a purty wife *as I am petting James' shaved head* :wink:

So anyway... MAtt made it back to 3rd or 4th place (couldn't quite get him behind us so late in the game) but it worked out for all of us. After my friend passed out, I managed to grab his hand and bring him to the rail in her spot...

Last edited:
:lmao: that story about getting your spot on the ellipse is classic! :wink: but why, oh why, did he feel he had to add the thing about his wife having "nipple rings"??? boys are so silly... :coocoo: :rolleyes: :laugh:

I don't know... I did a complete eye roll when he said that, but after a dude gives up the rail I figured I would humor this one thing :wink:

Correct, BUT I was able to go do the same thing the day I actually did go to the show without a problem... it was just a matter of Bono not showing up on time...

Miroslava said:

Yeah. When I talked to one of them, he told me Bono was inside. I said I had been there since 1:30 and hadn't seen Bono yet. He insisted Bono was inside doing soundcheck because he could hear it. That's what I don't get. People don't realize the techs can do the soundcheck too - I've seen them do it.

Back
Top Bottom