dancing dads!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di_g

The Fly
ok, so i think we needed a non-vertigo thread for the night!
man am iloving that song...

so the point is, i decided to take a break from listening to vertigo on repeat and put slane dvd on instead. and i was watching the end bonus track of mysterious ways when bono brings his daughter eve on to stage adn they're both dancing around.

and then i start to think, do you think eve, or in fact any of his kids, ever get horribly embarrassed by the common phenomonen that is "dad dancing"

you know what its like, you're 12 or there about at a christmas party or whatever and you dad gets up to dance and you're like "oh jees no, daaaaaaad" and he struts his stuff and then you have to spend the rest of the evening horribly embarrassed trying to hide your face.

do you think bono's kids sit in the wings at concerts while bonos doing his strut or shuffle or something and are just "oh god, thats sooooo embarrassing, ill never show my face at school again"

its just a thought, i could be wrong but i reckon regardless of who your dad is, every now and then everyone suffers from "dad-dancing" syndrome!

This is going to sound, umm...well, crude, but if my dad went around grabbing a video camera for a close ups of his crotch all the time, the dancing wouldn't bother me in the least.

ylimeU2 said:
This is going to sound, umm...well, crude, but if my dad went around grabbing a video camera for a close ups of his crotch all the time, the dancing wouldn't bother me in the least.

very good point:lol:

They probably care about the crotch in the camera thing... but I'm sure they don't watch their dad on dvds though... infact, I'm sure they don't watch any of the dvds out there. They probaby don't listen to U2 cds or watch U2 dvds just cause... well they are his kids... a little hard to explain. But they compliment his work.
But, if my dad was shuving his crotch in the camera I wouldn't want to hear/ know about it... Little... er... eeww. I can't even stand Bono doin it :tsk: Unnesasary.

^ probably the same things non-celebrity's kids talk about! They are their own person, after all! They just happen to have a lot more money and have seen a lot of the world. How they act after those kinds of influence, well, IMO that's up to how the parents raised them.

oliveu2cm said:
^ probably the same things non-celebrity's kids talk about! They are their own person, after all! They just happen to have a lot more money and have seen a lot of the world. How they act after those kinds of influence, well, IMO that's up to how the parents raised them.

:yes: There's some kids at my high school that aren't really celebrities per se (well, they are in this state), but their parents are some of the wealthiest in the US (Alticor) and they all have body guards, etc. Besides looking flawless and wearing designer clothes, they did school plays, went to dances, all the usual stuff.

I have lots of rich kids in my school, cause I go to a school with lots of wealthy people... but my school is VERY poor lol. Kinda weird... rich kids... poor school... they can't even afford to buy school supplies for the kids so the kids have to lol. But then there could be a problem with the few kids that aren't wealthy... I'm one of them... but that's ok, I make it :D
But, I've always wondered what it would be like to be best freinds with one of their kids :) get to go to their big houses all the time... GROOVY! Course... Edge's 3 daughters he had with Aislinn... do you think she has a big house even thoughthey aren't married anymore? Hmm... well still, being best friends with one of them, you know you're probably gonna get good gifts for christmas and birthdays! :D lol...
But it would be cool to be friends with one of their kids... maybe... unless they are stuck up little snotheads, in that case, count me out of their friendship :tsk: Cause I know how litt snotheads act... I have a friend like it, and I HATE it. Kinda confusing... :D oh well hehe.
I'm sure they aren't stuck up little snotheads though... I HOPE!
Anyway, my blabbering's done...

ylimeU2 said:
ok...how many videos has bono done this in? i can only think of two...if this is really all the time, it would bug me too

Back
Top Bottom