damn Webshots again!!! Grrrr....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
the Webshots weasels are at it again. Got this via email:

>As required by law, we have deleted 1 image(s) that
>were in your Webshots photo albums because we received
>notification that the image(s) were uploaded in violation of
>U.S. copyright law.
>
>The Webshots Terms of Use prohibits you from uploading photos
>that you did not take or other images that you did not create
>unless you have the permission of the copyright holder. The
>Terms of Use also prohibit you from uploading photos featuring
>individuals without the individuals' consents. This policy is
>designed to protect you from claims for copyright and/or
>publicity rights infringements that could result in monetary
>damages to you.
>
BLAH BLAH BLAH....

Rat bastids. So here's my pithy (ha) response:

I was notified that I may have borrowed images for my webshots communities that may be copyrighted. 99% of the pictures on my communities are borrowed form myriad other sites, people, sources, links, etc. and this has been going on for YEARS. Most times, if I KNOW who the photographer is, I will mention them on that particular picture - I will try to identify them as much as possible. I obviously cannot do this with *every* picture, and since the majority of pictures of U2 out there on the web are borrowed and re-borrowed, there is simply no way to determine which ones are violating copyright laws. I try my best to mention the photographers, but most times, it's all but next to impossible to do.

I would be VERY upset if you decided to remove my communities. This has taken a lot of time and effort on my part. I can understand you removing a few pictures, but that should not mean removing the *entire community*. There are hundreds of other people on line who visit my commuities--and hence, also see what Webshots has to offer--so it would not be in the best interest of Webshots to do this as well. Thank you.

So what do I do? Delete ALL my pictures?? HOW do we work around this?? I mean, ALL of the pictures on my site are borrowed, fer cryin out loud!!!
mad.gif
Grrrrr....buncha fascists!!
mad.gif

disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-01-2001).]

well, if they do get deleted it won't be MY doing!
mad.gif

maybe this is the impetus I need to get going on my very own website....

so does anyone know of a good web hosting service that's cheap and actually works when you try to link pics to it??

disco

Back
Top Bottom