Daddy Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is Edge and Morleigh, with their son Levi. :cute:

Edge_Morleigh_Son_01.jpg

Palace_Hero said:
Edge is a smart, smart man.

Why the pathetic naming of the kids? Poor fellas. :(
I don't know, they are certainly creative. I kind of like them. With the exception of Blue Angel, that's kind of a rough name to go through life with.

Edge and Morleigh are certainly creative people, which would explain their children's unique names. I'm not sure about Aislynn (I don't think that's spelled right), I don't know what influence she had on those names.

I really like the name Sian. It's unique but not trendy. (I hate trendy names)

Until recently I thought Sian was pronounced "See-ahn" but then I heard Edge pronounce it like "Psy-Anne" -- I couldn't stop laughing -- Blue and Cyan -- I guess Edge likes the colour blue...

Last edited:
Meghan said:
Until recently I thought Sian was pronounced "See-ahn" but then I heard Edge pronounce it like "Psy-Anne" -- I couldn't stop laughing -- Blue and Cyan -- I guess Edge likes the colour blue...

That is an unusual way to pronounce it. Over here Sian is pronounced 'Sharn'. ie the Irish way. Maybe Psy-Anne is the USA pronounciation. A bit like how some USA people pronounce Caitlin as "Katelyn" rather than "Kathleen".

Last edited:
beli said:
Half of New Zealand is called "Levi". Its not an exotic name by any names. Same with Sian. Or maybe its different in the USA.

Neither name is popular in the US, especially Sian. I'd never heard of that name before until Edge named his daughter that. I grew up with a guy named Levi but otherwise I've never heard anyone else have that name either.

There was an actress when I was a kid named Sian Barbara Allen and I thought her name was pronounced as Edge pronounces his daughter's name, and when I mentioned her one time, all these kids made fun of me, saying it was pronounced "Shawn." So I always pronounced Edge's daughter's name as Shawn, until I heard him say it. You just can't win.

Levi is not such an uncommon name in the US, I think it depends where you live. I think Blue Angel was named after the Marlene Deitrich movie of the same name, was probably a favorite of Edge and Aislinn's.

Oops, that key devil hit "enter" before I was ready:mad: Like I was saying....

The funny thing is bet there will be THOUSANDS of Sians and Levis all over the US in the next few years. Mark my word.

I remember my mom telling me when she named my sister "Lisa" is was an unheard of name. She named her for a character on a soap opera. How many Lisa's have you heard of???

I rest my case. :wink:

:eyebrow: naaaaaaa I do not think so.
Edges kids and Soap Stars are not the same ;)
I mean, most people do not know about them (and percentage wise it is not the majority of the world that actually cares about U2) - and among the people that like U2 - not the majority are PLEBAns - if yer know what I mean :D

by the way - why american pronounciation? what if it was IRISH pronounciation? :wink:

smk1379 said:
Quiggs has some more pictures of his kids on her computer at home but she is not at home right now because she is in Texas with me!!!:hug: :dancing: :hyper:

Yeah! If no one else posts them before Thursday, I will post them when I get home. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom