Cute photo of Ali and JA in Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biff said:

Agreed. In that third pic, with her face in profile, it looks very much like her. I'm leaning towards it being her. She isn't a stick insect; she's slim but curvy. If it's her, I actually think she looks nice.

I agree on the body thing, I'd trade places w/ that woman right now! But I still think it looks more like the woman who's been in other pictures who we often assume is the nanny than it looks like Ali.

Also, Ali's hair was just off the shoulder length only a week or two ago. The woman pictured has hair longer than her shoulders.

EDIT: Here, this is the woman I'm talking about, I think the face, body type, and hair length look more like her than Ali:

10ab4695.jpg

Ali's current hair:
12596825.jpg

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I agree on the body thing, I'd trade places w/ that woman right now! But I still think it looks more like the woman who's been in other pictures who we often assume is the nanny than it looks like Ali.

Also, Ali's hair was just off the shoulder length only a week or two ago. The woman pictured has hair longer than her shoulders.

EDIT: Here, this is the woman I'm talking about, I think the face, body type, and hair length look more like her than Ali:

10ab4695.jpg

Ali's current hair:
12596825.jpg

Yes, I thought of that woman. Wasn't she also in a pic with Ali and the boys (plus Helena's boy) on a dock? Can you post that?

Well, I think facially that does not look like the woman in those latest pics. Also, that person (the nanny?) is heavier and her hair and skin are completely wrong.

The woman with John has wet hair, which obviously makes it look longer. It's still not that long at all. And look at that profile. I'm more and more sure that it's her (Ali).

Laurel Hill said:

It could be a nanny, but their nanny has blonde hair, I've seen her in lots of other pics. Of course, they could have more than one nanny, but the blonde lady has been with them since the girls were little (that's her dress Bono is wearing in the famous ZOOTV era on the phone pic) and I know she was with them on the Elevation tour. I don' think they'd ditch her, after trusting her all those years, for a new one that comes along with them on vacation. But in the end I don't know for sure who it is!

I don't know about who their nanny was during ZooTV era... which was 14 years ago! :huh: But the blonde lady whose dress Bono is wearing in the famous pic is Suzanne Doyle's... she was Dennis Sheehan's assistant for a couple of tours, and an employee of Principal Management... not the nanny.

I have the dock pic and it's not uploaded. After looking at it, I agree it's not that nanny. Her boobs (the nanny on the dock) are way bigger than the ones in these photos (don't mean anything by it, but it's true).

I'm still not sold on Ali though. Her cheeks and dimples are so prominent, and there's nothing of that there, but then again the angle really sucks. Also, the hair thing - I've got just past shoulder length hair. If I go swimming and it's soaking wet (tends to get wavier, not straighter when wet), then I rub it straight back like that, it looks a lot shorter than it is. Ali's got layers that aren't even chin length. The woman in the picture, her hair seems longer.

It's so hard to tell though w/o a clear shot of the face! Maybe it could be Jordan? She's got pale skin and longer hair.

All I have to say is that I wish I looked as good as Ali after giving birth to four kids. I can't tell if thats her in the picture. Whoever it is, is a pretty gal.

I know this may be an odd question, but do they make boys in Ireland have shorter hair for school? I live in California and things are pretty relaxed here I can't imagine the school having a rule about short hair for boys. (But I'm also a 30 year old mom with pink hair, so I'm not really one to judge. :lol: )

How are the pictures of Ali in a bikini that LivLuvAndBootlegMusic has any different that the pictures posted in this thread???

I agree biff, hair looks longer when it's flattened down wet. Also, the Australia pics are from longer ago than the March 31 fashion show she might have cut it since then. But I still think it's Ali. Do you people who are saying 'it's not Ali, she's prettier than that', stop to think it might hurt her feelings if it IS her?! :( I don't have a problem with the lady in the balcony pictures at all. She's not having a perfect moment, but we're all human and it happens, so what.

I also want to comment on how nice Eli's hair looks in the big raft pic posted by LivLuvBootlegMusic. He has a gorgeous glowing tone to his hair, it looks SO much better like that than shaved! (but then again I don't like anyone's hair shaved!)

GracelandHarley said:

I don't know about who their nanny was during ZooTV era... which was 14 years ago! :huh: But the blonde lady whose dress Bono is wearing in the famous pic is Suzanne Doyle's... she was Dennis Sheehan's assistant for a couple of tours, and an employee of Principal Management... not the nanny.

:yes: Suzanne Doyle was with them during JT before they even had children.

I really think the woman in the pictures is way too pale for Ali... Ali is always tanned and this woman is WHITE!
my dad came in while I was watching, and he was like, wow that must be an irish woman! so pale!
I've never seen a single picture of Ali looking so pale, and the hair of the woman in the pic also has a reddish glow, no matter what the sun color is, if you don't have natural red, you won't have that glow... look at Bono, he still has that glow over his hair in sunlight.. but Ali has real dark hair, you can't make that red, not even in sunlight!

i don't think it looks anything like ali, not even remotely :shrug:

Actually, she is not Ali. and I've got proof! :)
In a Australian newspaper, there was once an article on the front page from where they were in holiday there. It stated that the boys swam with the nanny in the pool and showed a picture in which appeared the same woman, i remember the bathing suit. So, she is the nanny after all!

Laurel Hill said:
I agree biff, hair looks longer when it's flattened down wet. Also, the Australia pics are from longer ago than the March 31 fashion show she might have cut it since then. But I still think it's Ali. Do you people who are saying 'it's not Ali, she's prettier than that', stop to think it might hurt her feelings if it IS her?! :( I don't have a problem with the lady in the balcony pictures at all. She's not having a perfect moment, but we're all human and it happens, so what.

But, when you just dive in the water, hop out, and push your hair out of your face, it looks shorter because it's not flattened. It gets wavier b/c it's damp and to flatten it, you'd have to brush it. I've got soaking wet hair right now and it's not even touching my shoulders, but when dried, my ponytail touches my back (and I've got straight hair, not curly at all). Also, Ali's hair was the same length, if not a tab bit shorter, back then that it is in the IRMA Awards pic.

The fact that it doesn't look like her has nothing to do with the body of the woman in the pic. She looks fine to me! Wish I looked that good in a string bikini! I just don't think it looks like Ali at all. In fact, I think the body is the only part that DOES look like Ali. The face and hair are all wrong.

I suppose it matters not since the mystery is now solved!

crazyu2 said:
Actually, she is not Ali. and I've got proof! :)
In a Australian newspaper, there was once an article on the front page from where they were in holiday there. It stated that the boys swam with the nanny in the pool and showed a picture in which appeared the same woman, i remember the bathing suit. So, she is the nanny after all!

thank you for solving this mystery :)

Does anybody know if Ali got a sister?
This person looks a lot like Ali, and i still don't know if it's her.
and Galeongirl is right about the hair. I got naturally red/brown hair, and even if i colour my hair, it still have a red glow.

Last edited:
Just an odd thought; I've never heard Ali speak. She's got an Irish accent right? I s'pose that's a given, but I just have never heard her voice. I've only read on interview with her, and obviously, that was written. Anyone have any clips, like of an interview with her or something? Just curious.

Anyways, adorable pictures. I love that one where Bono's coming out of the room with a gown on looking strangely at John. Heh heh. And it looks dark in the room Bono's just come out of; why the HELL is he wearing his glasses?

SimplyConfused said:
Just an odd thought; I've never heard Ali speak. She's got an Irish accent right? I s'pose that's a given, but I just have never heard her voice. I've only read on interview with her, and obviously, that was written. Anyone have any clips, like of an interview with her or something? Just curious.

www.alihewson.com :wink:

(hope I don't get in trouble for putting that link there! :shifty:)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Nope! It's in my sig as well.

So it is! Good -- I love the website, if I haven't already said that before! :)

Back
Top Bottom