Cute photo of Ali and JA in Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes i agree with you AtomicLemon - the little boy in the first pics you posted is John. I still think the woman in the picture is Ali but other people dont think its is. Galeongirl - im pretty sure that the child in the pic you posted (the girl) is not the same child. Im sure its John in the pics Atomiclemon posted :)
And thankyou so much for the pictures Atomiclemon, it would be great if you could get more!

I believe that this happened before when some pics were posted recently of the family on a dock, or a boat? Everyone thought the nanny was Ali.

No offense to the woman in the pic, but Ali is a million times more beautiful.

AtomicLemon said:
Probably the nanny then .. these were sent to me by a friend who lives out there.

Here is a photo of Bono and Elijah at the dock in front of their place there.

bonofamily060307081zf.jpg

:lol: :cute:

thanks for the pix again :bow:

I have a few friends that know photographers and send me photos every once in awhile. I remember my friend sending me this photo of Bono in St Tropez with the chick (Nicole) from the Pussycat Dolls.

I said :huh:

bono050725048gt.jpg

partygirlvox said:
I just recall reading something bono (maybe even ali) said about not wanting to have to hire help, and wanting to raise the kids on their own.

Ali or Bono said that in an interview after Eli was born (so back in 1999). It was referring to night-nurses, not nannies in general. Bono had said that Eli slept all day but cried all night, and then the comment was made about them taking care of the kids themselves at night, but having a nanny help during the day for a certain number of days a week (can't remember exactly). The kids have always had nannies, and tutors for schooling when they're on the road.

My vote goes for...

NOT Ali (I've seen pics of Ali in a bikini and the person in these pics doesn't look like her. Plus the facial features are way off)

DEFINITELY John

AtomicLemon said:
I have a few friends that know photographers and send me photos every once in awhile. I remember my friend sending me this photo of Bono in St Tropez with the chick (Nicole) from the Pussycat Dolls.

I said :huh:

bono050725048gt.jpg

yeah I've seen those pics too with him and this girl.. it was in the swedish newspaper for some months ago (on internet), and they thought it was Ali :huh:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Ali or Bono said that in an interview after Eli was born (so back in 1999). It was referring to night-nurses, not nannies in general. Bono had said that Eli slept all day but cried all night, and then the comment was made about them taking care of the kids themselves at night, but having a nanny help during the day for a certain number of days a week (can't remember exactly). The kids have always had nannies, and tutors for schooling when they're on the road.

DEFINITELY John

oh okay thanks, i knew i had read something along similar lines somewhere.

Heh. Probably playing 'I'm-gonna-get-you' with the kid. That's what it looks like, though his son doens't look too impressed...:grin:
And, yah, that's not Ali. She's much more slender.

Looks like it's the boys. But Ali is olive skin, thinner.
Thanks for the pics! They're great. I love the one where it looks like Bono is running up the ramp like he is going to chase Elijah or something like it. CUTE!

the pics are great.....
the woman in the photos is not ali!!! ...... and definitively the child is john....

sorry ... my English is very bad!!:huh: :madspit:

Last edited:
AtomicLemon said:
Probably the nanny then .. these were sent to me by a friend who lives out there.

Here is a photo of Bono and Elijah at the dock in front of their place there.

bonofamily060307081zf.jpg

Check out the length of Elijah's feet!! He could grow to be a big boy!!!

NOT Ali (I've seen pics of Ali in a bikini and the person in these pics doesn't look like her. Plus the facial features are way off)

I have never seen a pic of her in a bikini. Where are they?

Babydoll said:
i :heart: the hewson family, all of them!

Probably the best comment in this thread.

Sometimes too much speculation can be not a good thing. :yes:

Love the pic of Eli and Bono.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Galeongirl said:
yea Ali is waymore tanned! Bono is the pasty white one in their family!
I think the kid in this pic is the same as in yours... it's NOT John Abraham,... it was a discussion a while back, conclusion, it's a girl, daughter of one of their guests...
bonobalcony6ik.jpg

No it IS John, he's a boy, he's got long blond hair like Guggi's boys. Eli had long hair too until he went to school. He's got on boy's swimming trunks. It is John!

imogen said:

I have never seen a pic of her in a bikini. Where are they?

On my computer :) They're too papparazzi-esque, I would not feel comfortable posting them here. My general rule of thumb - if I were my family in the photos, if it were my vacation and I wouldn't want them posted all over the web, then I wouldn't post someone else's photos.

On my computer :) They're too papparazzi-esque, I would not feel comfortable posting them here. My general rule of thumb - if I were my family in the photos, if it were my vacation and I wouldn't want them posted all over the web, then I wouldn't post someone else's photos.

:up:

There was another batch of these soon after the tour ended with the family riding in a boat. You could see them holding John with his long blonde curls. I think the person who thought there was a story about someone's daughter got it mixed up with the pic of Eli with Helena Christensen's son, who also has long blonde hair, and people thought it was John, but later the real John showed up and the two of them were together in the pic. Guggi's boys all have very long blonde hair, perhaps John wants to copy them. I think he's cute. I was also wondering if maybe he had to cut it for starting school now since he's 5 (as Eli did) and that's why Bono cut his too, to make him feel better. Don't know where Guggi's kids go to school but they can keep their hair!

It is definitely Bono and Eli. I don't see the daughters, the woman in the pic is not a teenager so I'd say it's not one of them. I am not sold it's not Ali, she's in poor lighting, not posing for the camera so she may look different. Very dark hair often glows reddish brown in the sun- I have a solid black cat who does this. She looks lighter because of the way the sun is hitting her, and the sunlight is making her contort her face in unflattering ways. We ALL have moments like that, but, not being famous, we don't have to get photo'd and put online:( If someone takes one, we delete it! If it is Ali, she's not at all bad in a bikini for a 45 year old who's borne 4 children!

It could be a nanny, but their nanny has blonde hair, I've seen her in lots of other pics. Of course, they could have more than one nanny, but the blonde lady has been with them since the girls were little (that's her dress Bono is wearing in the famous ZOOTV era on the phone pic) and I know she was with them on the Elevation tour. I don' think they'd ditch her, after trusting her all those years, for a new one that comes along with them on vacation. But in the end I don't know for sure who it is!

Last edited:
Laurel Hill said:

I am not sold it's not Ali, she's in poor lighting, not posing for the camera so she may look different. She looks lighter because of the way the sun is hitting her, and the sunlight is making her contort her face in unflattering ways. We ALL have moments like that, but, being famous, we don't have to get photo'd and put online:(

Agreed. In that third pic, with her face in profile, it looks very much like her. I'm leaning towards it being her. She isn't a stick insect; she's slim but curvy. If it's her, I actually think she looks nice. How many 45 year old mothers of four would/could wear a bikini that brief?
I also have seen other pics of her in a bikini. A couple were from around the time of Pop, and she was thinner, including her arms and legs. A more recent one (a couple of years ago at most) showed her with a similar shape to the above photos.
And that DOES look like her belly button.:wink:

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom