Cute little guy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never noticed that Bono was short either until I stumbled unto some typical U2-bashing article where the author claimed that Bono suffers from a "short person" complex, so I thought, hang on, exactly how short is he? So I went on the net and the first web-site I've found said that he was 5'8"... and just when I started to recover from the blow some Interference poster wrote that the correct Bono height is more around 5'6" and some even shrinked him to 5'5",
smile.gif

Originally posted by icelady:
well he may not be famous but the act lives on and on....even with his lovely hair, he isn't quite there
026.jpg

Icelady that is a BEAUTIFUL pic of Bono! The other guy is cute, too, even if he is just a fan?

Martha, I'm sorry, I just don't have a lot of pics of the boys with other people, and the ones I do have are sitting down. Of my 1000+ pics, probably over 800 of them are just Bono, most of the others are band shots. SIGH guess it shows how obsessed I am, huh? I'm not so much a collector as a Bono watcher LOL. If I do find any I'll post them here.
wink.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 01-04-2002).]

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Ronan Keating is a singer-w/ Boyzone, the Irish 'boyband'. I think he went solo-not sure.

Randy Johnson is 6' 10".

Thank you and good night.
tongue.gif

SIGH then I guess I got the name wrong, that guy is no 'boy band' character. Oh well, I give up
redface.gif
Sorry- never mind!

------------------
"Mullets rule!"

alrighty here are a few more - not sure if they'll work though haven't use snapfish before.
look he is the same size!
3333384%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E584%3E688%3EWSNRCG%3D32323786%3A4656nu0mrj

well as long as Flood doesn't stand up straight they're the same size!
3333384%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E584%3E688%3EWSNRCG%3D32323786%3A474%3Anu0mrj

here's Big B and little B
3333384%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E584%3E688%3EWSNRCG%3D32323786%3A479%3Bnu0mrj

[This message has been edited by icelady (edited 01-04-2002).]

I love my short lil' Boner. He's an adorable little leprachaun.

There's nothing wrong with short people (says the girl who's 5'3") ... Bono would feel tall around me.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by Saracene:
I never noticed that Bono was short either until I stumbled unto some typical U2-bashing article where the author claimed that Bono suffers from a "short person" complex, so I thought, hang on, exactly how short is he? So I went on the net and the first web-site I've found said that he was 5'8"... and just when I started to recover from the blow some Interference poster wrote that the correct Bono height is more around 5'6" and some even shrinked him to 5'5",
smile.gif

Well, the latest Details interview describes him as being 5'7", That's the story and I'm sticking to it!

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Originally posted by Saracene:
smile.gif

I guess until one of us actually brings a tape measure with us when we meet him, we will never know the truth.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I guess until one of us actually brings a tape measure with us when we meet him, we will never know the truth.

I know how tall I am, so I will be glad to be the volunteer to measure myself up against him. *Sigh* A tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

Bono is not so small! I hate when this happens! Everybody in the primaryschool foked my brain up, calling me small. Ok I was the shortest kid in the class, but we arent short now! Thats normal, average height, k? :)

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

http://limelight.pcdome.hu

Originally posted by Mr_LeMon:
Bono is not so small! I hate when this happens! Everybody in the primaryschool foked my brain up, calling me small. Ok I was the shortest kid in the class, but we arent short now! Thats normal, average height, k?
smile.gif

You're right, Mr. LeMon! You stood next to him so you should know exactly how tall he is. He is NOT too short and neither are you!! Since you just made Acrobat, you should start a MacPhisto thread or something to celebrate! That's what the girls here do.
smile.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Woo Hooo! I'm Acrobat!

Thats soo funny, i'm one of the oldest and the laziest member :) But hey! I want to be FLY again! NOOO

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

http://limelight.pcdome.hu

Originally posted by Discoteque:
This picture seems so odd to me...is Randy really that gigantic of a guy, or is he standing on a platform or something?
confused.gif

4038-6.jpg

On The Edge, is this the pic you meant?
26626346BLuWfNxhuZ_ph.jpg

Bono looks *freakishly* short in this one!
eek.gif
Awww, I just wannt pick him up and put him in my pocket!
smile.gif

This picture with Randy Johnson and Adam cracks me up...
biggrin.gif

Look how freakin' BIG the feet are on that guy standing next to Bono. Holy cow! No wonder Bono's standing on a platform.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
I alway thought Bono and Edge were about the same size. That's what it looks like when they're singing next to each other on stage. Might be Bono's thick soles, though
wink.gif
Adam is kinda tall though, isn't he? That pick with the 6'10" guy make him look kinda tiny. What about Larry? Isn't he on the short side too? Hey, I'm not complaining. I love men that are "pocketable"
smile.gif

Did someone say Larry?
biggrin.gif

Ehm.... standing next to him, I'd have to say he's about 5'8"... I had to bend my knees a bit so my head wouldn't get cut off in the picture.

Larry.... he's such a cool guy.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
I alway thought Bono and Edge were about the same size. That's what it looks like when they're singing next to each other on stage.

Yeah they do look the same height on stage! I think what is going on in that pic is that Edge is up higher on the ramp. Everyone who was at the tip like I was should remember that the ramp is 'ELEVATED' and gets lower toward the tip and a little higher as it heads back toward the stage. Maybe Edge was on the 'higher ground.'

Back
Top Bottom