Craving for love - chapter 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

susannag75

The Fly
DISCLAIMER: Don't know them, don't make money from it, just my imagination.

RATING: PG-13 for situations and language...

Happy New Year and hope you enjoy that

Craving for Love - Chapter 9

“Yes, would you come here? Maybe she would like to have you with her… Call Ali as well, please. Yes, Bono is here with me…” Edge gave a look at his friend. “Thank you love, see you.”
He put the phone in his pocket and sat next to Bono who was sitting in the hospital corridor looking at his feet, strangely silent.
“I called Morleigh, she’ll tell Ali.”
Bono nodded but did not raise his face. Edge knew that he was shocked and that he was going to take this matter as a personal thing to solve. He was not sure that Bono could do something this time, and he was afraid this would hurt him more than it should have.
“You’ve done what you were supposed to do… Please don’t start torturing yourself now. I had to listen to you when you said you were worried about them, and help you.”

“Edge please… that poor girl in a hospital bed… and Adam… he drinks heavily… who knows where he might be… I’m getting out mad.” He answered, passing a hand on his eyes. “I have to look for him. He has to know she’s here.” He added. “I have to go.”

“Wait for a second. We don’t know what’s in his mind… and where he might have ended…” Edge wanted to add, what he might have done, but kept from saying. “You know that he’s not easily under control when he’s like that. We should wait for Larry and get out together.”

“I have to find him. Whatever he might have done.” He said, like reading Edge’s mind. He ran away holding his car keys in hand and leaving his jacket on the chair.

Bono drove to every place he knew in town, his mind wandering from one thought to another with no ease. He felt so bad for Melissa, but he was concerned about Adam more than anyone else.
I can’t let things take this way… I don’t give a damn about what he’ll say I have to force him back to reason. Just… God let me find him… and let him be OK…
Suddenly, an idea came to his mind.
The studio… he might be there… why didn’t I think of that before…
They had rented a very nice studio in the countryside, far away from everything and everyone, to work quietly on their next album. It was at the end of a deserted road, which lead to nowhere else, and as some snow had fallen during the night, nobody would surely have bothered to take that direction, so when Bono saw traces of tyres on the snow, he knew he had probably found him.
He parked his car and looked around. It seemed nobody was there, but he decided he’d get in all the same. The door wasn’t locked, and he opened it cautiously.

“I wondered how long you would have taken to come, saviour of the world.” Adam’s voice.

“Adam… something’s happened…” He said, in a low tone.
Adam was sitting in the dark and Bono did not turn on the lights. He was scared of looking Adam in the eyes, as he suspected he was still drunk by his way of talking.

“What a tone. Something happened… yeah, I know. You blasted it to her… good work. You’re happy now, aren’t you? You fucking asshole…”

“What’s that? What was I supposed to blast to her? Please. You have to listen to me.” Bono tried to ignore Adam’s harshness.

“Why can’t you keep your fucking mouth closed?”
Silence fell for a while.
Bono moved, trying to approach Adam, but he put his foot on a bottle on the floor and fell. Moving his hands around he touched a number of empty bottles.
“God… not again…” he said in a voice full of grief, intending to talk to himself. He could not believe that Adam had fallen into it again, and he felt guilty for not avoiding that. He was sobbing. He was remembering the countless times they had to deal with Adam too drunk to remember his own name in a past time he thought would never come back. “Why did you have to drink that much? Adam, let me know what the problem is… I can’t stand to be at such a distance from you. I want to help you… I want you and Melissa to be happy, honestly.” Again, sorrow was in his voice.

Adam could see clearly what a prank he had been since that night… that damn night in which he had slept with that girl. But he could not forgive Bono for what he thought he had been causing by talking to Melissa about that.
“There’s not any problem that I should discuss with you. Why should I? Why should I trust you after you just told my wife-to-be about our night out while she was at home?”

“I did what?” Bono sounded shocked.

“You told her about our night out. And the girl I slept with at the hotel.”

“Why should have I told her about our night out? It was anything special… And I did not know about you sleeping with anyone until now. If I had known I would have advised you to tell her. But never ever I would have told her. Adam, please listen to me… Melissa is in hospital …” Bono said.

These words were like a slap on Adam’s face.
“What?” he shouted, jumping at Bono like a fury, taking a grip at his shoulders and obliging the singer to look at him in the pale shade of light coming from the window. “What the hell are you talking about?”

“Edge and I went to your place and…” Bono took a deep breath. “She was lying still on the floor…” Another deep breath.

Adam was still high on alcohol, and could not reason properly, but he somehow managed to recall what happened. I remember now… I pushed her away… she must have fallen… Oh God…I thought she knew…
He loosened the grip on Bono, looking at him with angry eyes.

“Adam… what’s the matter?”

“The matter is YOU.” Adam shouted on the singer’s face.
“The matter is that you have to learn to keep your nose out of my affairs. If I want to get drunk it’s my business and I can deal with Melissa the way I like. And I don’t want you to get here and tell me what I ought to do. If you just could stay out of my business, this would not have happened. Just get out of here!” Adam could not believe his own words. Alcohol possessed his body.
I am blaming him… What the hell…He doesn’t have any fault. The matter is that I cheated on her, Bono. She believed in me. I am not able to maintain my commitment. I can only make her suffer. Can you see that? Look at what happened today… How can I take the responsibility of marrying her when I cannot even remain faithful when she’s away for a month? I love her and I can’t stand to think I might be the one to disappoint her and to make her feel bad. When I thought she was going to leave me for someone of his friends at home I was desperate. I don’t want her to feel like that.
Adam remained silent while thinking about the words he wanted to tell his friend.

Bono stood absolutely still for a little while. Maybe Edge was right… I took this matter too much at heart… Maybe if he did not think that I talked to her he wouldn’t act like this… He turned and moved away.
“You are right, I am the problem. But you… as soon as you can get your acts together, visit her. She needs you. And your baby will need you more than you can think.”

“Baby?” Adam muttered. His thoughts flew slowly because of the alcohol, and by the time he realized what his friend had said, an engine was roaring outside. He ran out just in time to see Bono speed away in his car.

Bono’s mind was completely disconnected from what he was doing, busy in analysing every single word Adam had said, and everything he had done.
Suddenly, the car stopped. Bono was called back to reality and realized he had forgotten to put fuel in the car. He got off and pulled the car towards the side of the road, with some yells at his constant lack of attention at the most basic things.
“Well, it’s better I call someone to sort it out.” He sighed, talking to himself. “Nobody will pass on this road… Where the fuck is my phone… Oh yes, it’s in my jacket…” he looked inside the car for what he needed. “Where the fuck is my jacket? I must have left that at the studio… I need to walk up there… and it’s damn freezing!”

After a couple of hours or so, in the recording studio, Adam was drinking his fifth coffee and his mind seemed to work properly. I hate myself for what I’ve done and for what I have told her… and I hate myself for being so mean to Bono. He had come to help me…I hope he was not too much disappointed. I’d better go to see Melissa and explain why I did act like this. How could I think he would tell her… Damn alcohol…I will never drink again. This time I won’t allow this to ruin my life.
He drove to the hospital, eager to see the girl he still loved so much. He did not even notice Bono’s car on the side of the road.

Wonderful susan!!!:yes: Hopefully Adam is getting a grip.
Like YTE said hope Bono is not stranded.
I also hope Michelle is ok:(

Hello and thank you for reading and for your comments... I've got the following chapter nearly ready so you won't have to wait long!
Thanks again
Susanna

I've really enjoyed every chapter so far! Can't wait for the next one!

Poor B, hope he's all right.

susannag75 said:
Hello and thank you for reading and for your comments... I've got the following chapter nearly ready so you won't have to wait long!
Thanks again
Susanna

*grabs popcorn*:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom