Crabby Edge/Happy Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay girls. Can you tell me the scoop? On the "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" video Bono is mister happy man...having fun, smiling dancing, kissing girls. Edge looks pissed off about something. Is it just me? Was he mad about something? This may be a really old topic, but I've not been around this forum for very long and I thought you girls might have some insight. I like happy Edge, not crabby Edge! (He does look really good though.)

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

[This message has been edited by Lemon Meringue (edited 04-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Lemon Meringue (edited 04-26-2002).]

Originally posted by Lemon Meringue:
Okay girls. Can you tell me the scoop? On the Where the Streets Have No Name video Bono is mister happy man...having fun, smiling dancing, kissing girls. Edge looks pissed off about something. Is it just me? Was he mad about something? This may be a really old topic, but I've not been around this forum for very long and I thought you girls might have some insight. I like happy Edge, not crabby Edge! (He does look really good though.)

I have noticed this for the longest time.. absolutely NO idea on what it was that he was mad about, though.
redface.gif
Maybe video shoots irritate him?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

ps: I just looked at the topic. I swear, my mind must be in the gutter all the time..
redface.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 04-26-2002).]

Didn't they have a lot of trouble with that video shoot? The cops wanted to shut it down right away...Bono seems like the type who would say "F*ck it, let's play anyways" while Edge(to me) seems like the kind who would say "No, maybe we should wait"
I'd bet something like that happened...and cameras happened to be rolling...

Oops. Sorry I typed in the wrong damn video the first time. (too many cocktails maybe..Friday night, you know
smile.gif
) I'm talking about the video shot in what looks like the streets of Vegas.

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

My brother and I used to watch that video all the time and at that part say, "Man, Bono is such a jerk. Why is he yelling at The Edge like that?"
I don't know if we'll ever know what the deal was there, but that video does provide such classic Edge moments. My all time favorite is that massive sigh and eye roll he does at the near end.
Here are some things I've often wondered about that video:
--Why is The Edge the only one with an instrument?
--Why are Larry and Adam singing when they don't sing?
I wish U2 would release a comprehensive video anthology on DVD and do commentary for each track (like the Beastie Boys did) because they have a lot of video moments that have me wondering (like what is the video for "Unforgettable Fire" about?).

Originally posted by dsmith2904:
My brother and I used to watch that video all the time and at that part say, "Man, Bono is such a jerk. Why is he yelling at The Edge like that?"
I don't know if we'll ever know what the deal was there, but that video does provide such classic Edge moments. My all time favorite is that massive sigh and eye roll he does at the near end.
Here are some things I've often wondered about that video:
--Why is The Edge the only one with an instrument?
--Why are Larry and Adam singing when they don't sing?
I wish U2 would release a comprehensive video anthology on DVD and do commentary for each track (like the Beastie Boys did) because they have a lot of video moments that have me wondering (like what is the video for "Unforgettable Fire" about?).

Yeah, Bono is like
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
and Edge is like
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif

Watching Adam pretend to sing is pretty funny too. I like it when he walks away and gets into a cab.

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
"I Still haven't found what I'm looking for"

I can't get no...

I'm having many thoughts I can't post here.....

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE ~Smiths

I am just for you, as you are not for me ~Pete Yorn

Originally posted by Lemon Meringue:
Yeah, Bono is like
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
and Edge is like
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif

Watching Adam pretend to sing is pretty funny too. I like it when he walks away and gets into a cab.

yeah that's classic
Edge DOES smile once, toward the beginning
*makes still* Not the clearest video in the world, but he IS smiling
333%3C%3B62723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232397557%3C%3B%3Cnu0mrj

I don't think he's pissed persay, joost bein serious... but the eye roll thing cracks me up every time

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

It seems to me that Bono, Larry, and Adam were all drunk for the video shoot, and Edge was the only one sober. Bono was walking a bit wobbly there. I remember watching PopupVideo and reading that Bono kissed a girl, against the director's wishes. Drunk Bono = Kisses? *grabs bottle of vodka* Well, it worked for Britney Spears...

And why else would Adam attempt to sing?

------------------
after years of waiting nothing came
you realize you're looking in the wrong place

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
And, since I had to fit in a few shots of Larry....

Larrrrrrry. Yum.
333%3C%3B66323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3B333839nu0mrj

And, one of my favorite of Bono
333%3C%3B66323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3B333948nu0mrj

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Oooo. Thanks for the pics. Cute Larry and Bono shots. I LOVE the Edge eyeroll ones...they crack me up! Silly Adam. Did you notice the beer in his hand at the end of the video?

okay, I have a hard-core confession.
The first time I saw this video was back when the only person's name I knew was Bono... and when they showed Adam singing I distinctly remember thinking "My god that is the ugliest man I have ever seen!"
*ashamed*
Obviously my mind has been changed though, I just need to share.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Originally posted by Kristie:
okay, I have a hard-core confession.
The first time I saw this video was back when the only person's name I knew was Bono... and when they showed Adam singing I distinctly remember thinking "My god that is the ugliest man I have ever seen!"
*ashamed*
Obviously my mind has been changed though, I just need to share.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm telling Adam! He will be insulted and thus turn to me for comfort. Yes. That's exactly how it will happen...

eek.gif
NOOOOOOOO TWIN!!!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~

[This message has been edited by Kristie (edited 04-27-2002).]

Originally posted by martha:
You'll notice that she'snot complaining!

Would anyone here complain if Bono kissed them?

...just wondering...

------------------
after years of waiting nothing came
you realize you're looking in the wrong place

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
Uh, no.
biggrin.gif

He'd have to stand on a chair, though. heh.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Not for me!!! Heh, heh. (Finally something GOOD about being short.)

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

Back
Top Bottom