Cover Me Chapter 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
Disclaimer: I don’t know U2…I don’t own them either. Which is probably a good thing because I’d never get anything done if they were around.

This is just a short chapter.

Cover Me Chap 6

I look over at the clock for the six hundredth time. 4 a.m. Crap. I can’t sleep. How is anyone supposed to sleep after getting a kiss like that? I decide to get out of bed. I go over and get my ipod out of my bag and go sit out on the porch. The sky is full of stars.

I sense something moving behind me. I see Edge coming out of his room and head toward the bathroom. Maybe he won’t see me. Bono then comes out to get something out of the fridge. He looks over at my bed and sees that I’m not there and looks around worried.

“Mags? Where are you?” I hear him say. He checks the closet.

I don’t know if I want to answer him. I don’t know what to say to him. I can’t tell him how I feel.

“Mags! Where are you?” he says in a louder voice.

I go inside. “I’m here Bono. I just couldn’t sleep.”

Kat comes out of her room. “Who’s yelling?”

“Sorry Kat. I couldn’t see Mags and I got worried,” Bono says.

Edge comes out of the bathroom and looks around. “Isn’t it a bit early for everyone to be awake?”

“I can’t sleep.” I say.

“Neither can I,” says Bono.

“I’m awake now,” says Kat.

Edge just looks at us like we are all nuts.

“You thinking what I’m thinking Kat?” I ask.

Usually when I can’t sleep I go over to Kat’s and wake her up and we go to a local park to talk or play on the stuff like we were kids again. It’s good to have a friend who is so understanding when you get insomnia.

“Think they’d want to come too?” she says pointing to the guys.

“You guys wanna go play in the park?” I ask.

Edge is still looking like we’ve all lost our minds.

“I’ll go,” says Bono.

“But its fecking 4 a.m.” says Edge.

“So? None of us can sleep.” I say.

We all look at each other and then turn to go get dressed.

I grab the keys before Kat can. We all pile into my car, Kat in the front and the guys in the back.

I feel like just driving forever. I put in my Save Darfur CD and all of a sudden U2 comes blaring out. I hear Bono start to sing. The next thing I know both Bono and Edge are belting out “Instant Karma”. I just smile and let the wind and music take my mind off of everything.

30 minutes later we are at the park. I park the car and we all run over to where the swings and slides are. Kat and I jump on the swings and Edge and Bono give us a push. They then go over to the monkey bars.

“Don’t break anything important!” I yell over to them. They just laugh.

I tilt my head back and just go back and forth on the swing. I start to feel all the tension of the last couple of days just start to melt away. I jump off the swing and go over to the roundabout. I start to turn it to get it going and next thing I know Bono jumps onto it. I start to go faster. I jump on and just start giggling. Bono looks at me and I meet his eyes. I start to feel a little dizzy and I don’t know if it’s him or the roundabout. I hear Edge and Kat laughing. I look over and see them on the monkey bars. The roundabout slows down enough for me to jump off. I go over to the slide. I climb up the ladder and go down headfirst. Bono comes down behind me feet first. Kat and Edge go up the ladder and they come down together with him sitting right behind her. We end up in a pile at the end of the slide. We are all laughing so hard we are crying.

The next thing I know Edge is kissing Kat. Hard.

“Wow.” I say. “Edge really knows how to get her attention doesn’t he?”

“I’d say so.” Bono says.

“Hey! Get a room!” I say laughing. Edge and Kat pull apart, both breathing hard. Kat has the biggest grin on her face.

“You should try it, you might just like it!” Kat says.

“Ok,” I say. I go over and kiss Edge.

“You’re right. I do like it.” I say laughing at the look on Edge’s face.

“Hey, what about me?” Bono says with a grin.

“What about you?” Says Kat laughing, and then she goes over to Bono and gives him a big loud kiss.

“Nah, I like Edge better” she says with a grin. Bono just laughs.

We go and lay on our backs in the grass, our heads all-together.

“What’s your favourite U2 song?” Bono asks us.

“Mysterious Ways.” Says Kat. “It’s fun to dance too.”

“Bad” I say. “I love watching you sing that song Bono. When you lose yourself in that song, it’s really something to watch.”

I start to shiver and I feel Bono slide his arm around me. Out of the corner of my eye I see a movement at the far side of the park. I get up quickly to look over and I see someone start to quickly walk away. I can’t tell if it’s a man or woman. I hear a car door close and an engine start up. I don’t say anything because I don’t want to scare the guys.

“We should get going before someone calls the cops on us.” Kat says.

“Good idea. I’m getting a little cold.” Bono says.

“Let’s go get some breakfast.” Edge says.

Kat holds her hand out for my keys. I give them to her. I’m getting a little tired. I let Edge sit in the front and Bono and I sit in the back. We get in and Bono holds his arm out for me. I slide over and lean my head on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me. In about 5 minutes I fall asleep.

Next thing I know I open my eyes and see Bono smiling at me.

“Wake up love,” He says. “We’re here.”

I look around and see we are in the parking lot of a Denny’s.

“How long was I asleep?” I ask.

“For about half an hour” Kat says.

We go in and sit at a booth. Edge sits beside Kat and I sit beside Bono. Edge has his arm around Kat and Bono has somehow got his hand on my thigh. Kat and I just look at each other and grin.

I order coffee. Actually I told the waitress to just leave the pot. She just gave me a dirty look. I look at the menu and quickly figure out that I’m hungry. We all order and I notice that Edge’s hand is rubbing the back of Kat’s neck. I turn to say something to Bono and I catch him looking at me. I get caught in his eyes. All the sound seems to disappear around me. All of a sudden the waitress appears with our breakfasts. We all come out of whatever we were in and start eating.

After breakfast we head back to the house. We pull into the drive way and get out of the car.

“Who has the key?” I ask. I was the second one out of the house and I had assumed that someone picked it up.

Kat, Bono and Edge just look at each other.

“Oh, don’t tell me no one picked up the key.” I say. I try the door just to see if it was locked. It was.

“Ok, no one sees this. I didn’t do it. I wasn’t here.” I said. I pull out a little case full of tools. I pull out a thin metal pick. I look carefully at the lock and then pick it. A few minutes later the door opens. Bono and Edge look impressed.

“Where’d you learn to how to do that?” Kat asks.

“I wasn’t born a cop you know.” I say as I open the door.

“Why don’t we get a few hours sleep? It’s only 6 am. I know I could use it.” I say.

“Sounds like a plan,” Kat says.

I see Edge go over and give Kat a hug. I turn and see Bono coming toward me. He wraps his arms around me. I hug him back. He just stands there with his arms around me. I look over and see Edge and Kat kissing again. I look into Bono’s eyes and I can’t help myself. I lean up and brush his lips with mine. I pull back with a smile. I look over just in time to see Kat whisper something to Edge and then they go into her room. Bono and I just look at each other.

“I don’t know about you love,” He says “But I could just use someone to hold right now.”

I look intently into his eyes. I can see that he’s serious. I take his hand and lead him over to the bed. We both climb under the covers and he wraps his arms around me. I just sigh. I fall asleep feeling safer than I ever have.

:applaud:

amusing, diane, with that livewire always on the background :yikes:

hope you will post soon the following :pray:

Oooh will the stalker have the forgotten key to the house? :eyebrow:

More pleaaaaase!

You are teasing us, it is reeeaally good, diane. Playing like kids.
And I like that you have Bono call her "love". It is so damn sexy.

:applaud:

Galeongirl said:
:drool:

I don't think she has the keys laxmi, they just forgot to bring one :)
Thanks for reassuring me GG, I was worried that they might have fallen out of their pocket or something at the park.
:ohmy:

dianepm said:
For some reason the next chapter is not going the way I planned it...and someone please shoot me if I quote the movie "Dirty Dancing". It may or may not be up tomorrow.

:ohmy: I first thought "oh my god, bono is going to modeling clay" :huh: but then I realized I was thinking about ghost- movie...:giggle:

can't wait to read what you've in mind, diane. :hyper:
...and, btw...I see you found a good teacher in YDW teaching you HOW to tease us, don't you? :madwife:

Back
Top Bottom