Cover Me Chapter 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
DISCLAIMER: I don't know U2 (damn!), and I don't own U2 (again...damn!).

Of course there is an un-edited version of this. If you asked for one last time I'll send you this one. If anyone else would like one please leave your email and I'll send it out when I get a chance.

COVER ME CHAPTER 11

I look up at Bono and see that he is being overly quiet. I look up at him and he gives me a half-hearted smile.

“You don’t want to go to a bar, do you?” I ask him.

“Not really, but if you want to go then we go.” He says.

“Hey K!” I yell up at her, she’s walking with Kat and Edge. “Change in plans.”

She turns to look at me and gives me a what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about-this-was-your-idea look.

“We don’t really feel like being in a crowd tonight.” I say. “Why don’t we do plan B”

“What’s plan B?” asks Edge.

“Buying beer and coming back home and getting drunk in the basement.” I say.

“Ok.” Kristen says.

“We’ll have to go back and get my car then.” I say.

“I’ll go get it, no sense in all of us going back.” Kat says.

“You just don’t want me to drive” I say. She gives me an oh-gee-ya-think look.

“Fine, we’ll play in the park while you're gone.” I say.

15 minutes later Kat comes up and honks. Edge gets in the back with Bono and Kristen and I get in the front. I look back and see Kristen squished between them with a grin on her face. I just grin back.

“Keep your hands to yourself back there Kristen.” I say. She just laughs.

I can feel Bono’s gaze drilling into the back of my head. I turn to look at him and catch him watching me. He quickly looks out the window.

We pull up in the parking lot of the beer store and Edge jumps out.

“Back in a minute.” He says. Bono gets out and goes with him.

Kristen, Kat and I sigh at the same time, then we look at each other and just laugh.

“Can I ask you a question sis?” Kristen says to me.

“Of course.” I say.

“Are you falling in love with Bono?”

“I’m trying not too. I know we’ve done the horizontal tango (Kat giggles at that) but that doesn’t mean he’s going to pledge his love and devotion to me. I can’t imagine him even being interested in a long-term thing with me.” I say. “I don’t even think I’m capable of being loved like that. Every guy I’ve ever gone out with has always left me. After awhile I got the message. I’m not loveable.”

“Oh Mags. You are loveable. I love you, Kat loves you, Mamma loves you, and your friends love you.” Kristen says. “Just because those other guys weren’t smart enough to realize what they had in you, doesn’t mean you are un-loveable. Maybe you were meant to be with Bono. Did you ever stop to think that maybe this happened for a reason?”

“You know I don’t believe in all that fate stuff” I say. “This is happening because some obsessive fan decided to write a few letters. Let’s just let this go.”

Bono and Edge come out of the store with 5 six-packs of beer.

“Just how drunk are you planning on getting me Bono?” I ask. He gives me a wicked grin.

We get back to the house and we decide, after a short debate, that we aren’t 17 years old anymore and we are not climbing back in the window. I unlock the front door and open it trying not to make a noise. Of course, I forget that the floor squeaks and step right on the board. I look at Kristen and try very hard not to giggle.

“Remember the last time we tried to sneak some guys into the house?” I ask in a whisper.

“We were 15 years old, and their names were Ryan and Tom.” She says.

We make it through the basement door and we get downstairs without Mamma hearing us. There is a decent size room with a couple of sofas and chairs. Bono lays on one of the sofas and hold out his arm for me to join him. We lay on our sides with him behind me and his arm is around my waist and his hand rests on my stomach. My head rests on his other arm. Kat and Edge are on the other sofa doing the same thing. Kristen is in one of the chairs. She goes over to turn on the stereo.

We start talking about nothing in particular and I feel Bono’s hand gently stroking my stomach through my t-shirt. I reach an arm behind me and start to stroke up his thigh. I’m starting to think of a way I can get him alone when Kristen gets up and goes over to the cupboard where we keep our board games. She gets out Clue and takes it over to the table.

“Wanna play?” She asks.

I don’t feel like getting out of Bono’s arms, but I know she feels a little left out so we get up and go over to the table. I take out the cards and look at them. I laugh when I see them because I had forgotten that Kristen and I cut faces of Adam, Larry, Bono and Edge and glued them to all the male characters in the game. I just look at Edge and Bono and show them the cards.

“Just how big a fan are you?” Bono asks.

“Let’s just say that I’m a big one and leave it at that” I say with a laugh. I look at Bono and blush. He just takes my hand and kisses it.

After and hour of laughing and accusing Bono and Edge of all sorts of things (i.e. Edge and Bono in the library with the candle-stick)we are all a little buzzed.

“I think it’s time to turn in.” I say. I glance over at Bono and I catch him looking at me. His turn to blush a little.

“Good idea.” Kat says. Her hand has made its way up Edge’s thigh and his ears are turning a little red.

Kristen just rolls her eyes at us.

We get upstairs without too much noise and we all go to our respective rooms. The door to my room shuts and Bono pushes me up against it and kisses me hard. I just wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back. I can feel him lift me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. He carries me over to the bed and we fall onto it. We tear at each other’s clothes and the buttons pop off his shirt as I try to undo it. I bite and lick at his neck and I hear him groan. After a long while he rolls me onto my back and pulls me so that my head lays on his chest. I can hear his heart pounding and he is breathing heavy. His hand absently strokes up and down my shoulder. We fall asleep wrapped up in each other.

The next morning we get up and go down to the kitchen. When we get into the kitchen, Mamma isn’t there. This is unusual because she has always been awake before me. I go upstairs to make sure she’s ok. I go into her room and she isn’t there. I knock on Kristen’s door and when she answers it, she gives me a dirty look.

“Is there a reason why you are waking me up at the butt-crack of dawn?” she says.

“It’s 10:30 am Kristen. Have you seen or heard Mamma this morning?” I ask.

“No, but I was out cold. A bomb could have gone off on my head and I wouldn’t have heard it.” She says.

“she’s not in her room and she’s not in the kitchen.” I say, starting to get worried.

Kat and Edge come out from the guest room. Bono comes out of my room and comes over and kisses my head.

“what’s wrong love?” he asks.

“Momma isn’t here. I can’t find her.” I say, starting to panic.

Edge and Bono search her room as Kat and I search the rest of the house.

Bono and Edge come from Mamma’s room. Edge has a piece of paper in his hand and hands it to me.

It says “Now I have something you love. If you want to see her again you’ll bring Bono to the only place you’re afraid of.”

I get my phone and call 911.

“I have a kid-napping. My mother has just been abducted from the house. This is Detective Waters badge number 2659. Get some units over here now!” I yell into the phone.

I can’t breathe. I feel like I’m suffocating. I feel a pair of arms come around me and turn me around. I look into a sea of blue.

“Bono” I breathe. “I can’t breathe”

“Take a deep breath love, that’s the way.” He says.

“What does it mean “the only place you’re afraid of”?” Edge asks.

I look into Bono’s calming eyes. I take a shaky deep breath.

“She’s taken her to the house I lived in as a kid. That’s the only place I’m afraid of. I’ve never been back since that night. I’m afraid of the memories.” I say. “I have to go back there. I have to get Mamma.”

“You won’t be alone.” Bono says.

“NO.” I shout. I start to panic again. “You can’t go. I can’t let you get hurt. I can’t lose you. I have to go alone. I have to be alone.”

I push Bono away from me and run upstairs. I hear the other cops starting to come to the house. Kat and Kristen tell them what’s happened. I’ve locked my bedroom door so he can’t get in. I know he’s going to try to stop me. I can’t let him stop me. I pull a box down from my closet and get the gun out of the lock-box. I take my badge out and I look at it. I know I should take it. I am a police officer sworn to protect. I couldn’t protect Mamma. I was in the basement and she was still taken from me. I won’t let Bono be taken from me. I hear a pounding at the door.

“Dammit Mags, let me in there!” I hear him say.

I just kiss my hand and place it at the back of the door.

“I love you Bono” I say quietly. I think he can’t hear me.

I grab my gun and place my badge on my dresser and write a note that says “For Bono”.

I go out the window and when I get to the bottom I turn around to go to my car when I see Kat right behind me.

“What the hell!” I say. I look up and see Kat with a hard look on her face.

“What the hell are you doing?!” She says. “I said you’re not going alone! Did you not think that I knew what you were doing?! I had to get Edge to physically restrain Bono from breaking down your bedroom door. And what the hell are you dong leaving your badge behind! You’re a cop for :censored: sake!”

“Ok, ok. But did you have to scare the hell out of me?” I say.

“Be thankful I didn’t plow you one. ” She said.

Bono comes over and gives me a hard look and hands me back my badge.

“I’m sorry” I say. He doesn’t smile. I think he’s really pissed off at me. He just looks into my eyes. I can’t read his face and it’s a little scary.

“If you ever think of doing something like that again, I’ll…well I don’t know what I’ll do but it won’t be good.” He says to me. Then he takes my face in his hands. “I love you too Mags.”

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry. No man has ever said that to me. I can’t handle all this at the same time. I start to cry. Bono holds me tight and just strokes my hair.

I push him away and say “Mamma, we have to get Mamma.”

“We’re coming with you.” Kristen says. “I don’t care what you say, she is my mother too.”

“Fine, but you are not going in un-armed and un-protected.” I say. “Kristen, I know you can handle a gun, because I taught you too. Kat, I know procedure says we call for back-up, but this is my fight. Our fight.”

“Ok. But if I think we need it, I’m calling it in.” Kat said.

“Ok. Kristen, go into the house and under my bed you will find vests and weapons. Get them. Kat, when we get there, I take point. I know the house and I have an idea where she’s going to keep Mamma. Bono, Edge you stay outside. Bono in the front and Edge in the back of the house. If she tries to escape, get her, I really don’t care how.”

Kristen comes out with the vests and weapons. I help Bono into one of the vests and Kat helps Edge. Kristen puts one on and grabs a gun. I go into the trunk of my car and pull out two tasers. I give one to Bono and the other to Edge.

“If she does come out, aim low.” I say. I know neither of them can use a gun and I wouldn’t ask either of them to anyway. I know how Bono feels about guns. I’d never have one either if it wasn’t for the fact that I’m a cop.

We get into my car and I drive us to the house. I pull up a couple of houses away and we get out and walk. We stand in a circle and I just look at their faces.

“I love you all and I just want to say thank you. Bono, Edge, I know this isn’t your fight and you can still back out if you want too.” I say

Bono looks at me and comes to me and kisses me hard. He puts his hands on either side of my face.

“Margaret Melissa Waters, I love you. There is no where else I want to be.” He says.

Edge comes over and stands in front of me. “I love you too, although not quite the same way. You are my friend. You are my love’s partner. You are my brother’s love. If Kat and Bono stand with you, so do I.”

I give him a hug. “I’ve never had a brother before.” I say smiling at him.

I look at Kat and Kristen, a million things said between us without saying a word.

“Let’s go then.” I say.

Last edited:
:ohmy:

:reject:

please post the following soon, diane!

ack! this chapter was so riveting that as I wanted to reply I tried to log in typing "mamma" instead of my personal password! :huh:

:applaud:

...and..ahem...don't want to seem obsessed but...is there again a unedited version of what happened when the door closed that night? :whistle: ...you know...just asking... :D :reject:

... :shifty: ...

so you ask us if your unedited sex scene was ok?

:shame: ...it wasn't ok, D.

it was just perfect! :applaud:

so good that I feel :combust: and at the same time envious 'cause I can't jump in and take her place! :grumpy:

on him, of course. :scream:

well, this mix of hot and tension is amazing!

You guys have no idea how much all your positive feedback means. This is going to sound stupid but I've always been a little afraid of writing. I've been a reader since I was 7 years old and always thought of writing something. I don't really know what made me do this. (It's also wierd to think that I have "fans").

As for the movie idea....only if I get to play Mags. :combust:

^ Oh, you shouldn't be afraid, you're doing ace!

And can't we all at least have screen tests? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom