Copenhagen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bump:

Okay, I've bumped this thread again :reject: - hope anyone is interested in this concert even though it's almost ancient by now! :lol:

So, I'll start with the hotel pics from saturday afternoon - they're actually taken by LB (Lemonboy), 'cause I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate on both taking pics and seeing the band! :lol:

Edge comming out first...
Hotel1.jpg

Hotel2.jpg

...and Bono comming out afterwards:
Hotel3.jpg

Hotel4.jpg

Stories, concert pics and video to come later, I promise - but I have to go to bed early today, 'cause I'm getting sick! :crack: It's delayed U2-concert-flu, I'm sure! :wink:

Last edited:
Merc said:
:bump:

Okay, I've bumped this thread again :reject: - hope anyone is interested in this concert even though it's almost ancient by now! :lol:

So, I'll start with the hotel pics from saturday afternoon - they're actually taken by LB (Lemonboy), 'cause I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate on both taking pics and seeing the band! :lol:

Edge comming out first...
Hotel1.jpg

Hotel2.jpg

...and Bono comming out afterwards:
Hotel3.jpg

Hotel4.jpg

Stories, concert pics and video to come later, I promise - but I have to go to bed early today, 'cause I'm getting sick! :crack: It's delayed U2-concert-flu, I'm sure! :wink:

Handsome men behind AND infront of the camera...what more can you ask for...

photos of the back of my head?!

In that second photo of Edge you've also got me in the frame! That's me, the girl with the long red hair clutching my HTDAAB book which Edge eventually autographed and there I am again (only just!) in the last photo of Bono signing my book!:hyper:

Last edited:
So, stories from the hotel on saturday afternoon - finally! :wink:

I can't remember what time LB and me got there - think it was around 2 or 3 in the afternoon - we just agreed to walk by to see if we could see anyone we "knew" there, no big plans really... So we walked down to the main entrance of the hotel and just a few people were hanging around outside, no real signs of the band... but then we spotted John just inside the entrance - very good sign! :lol:

So we decided to wait a little and a lot of things started to happen - John talking to the hotel personel, lots of hotel personel at the entrance, more and more people waiting outside the hotel, cars being parked at the main entrance and drivers talking about "going up north"... (I remember saying to LB "I wonder if Helena Christensen has a house up north?! :hmm:" - turns out, she does! The newspapers next day were filled with stories of U2 going to a party at her summer house...)

Fast forward about 20-30 minutes - I think! (Can't remember!) First man out was Edge! :hyper: And the crowd outside the hotel went CRAZY!!! :tsk: I was standing almost at the front (something like first or second row I think!) and people were pushing and screaming "EDGE!!! EDGE!!! EDGE!!!" like their lives depended upon it! :| I tried to tell someone pushing me to calm down a little, but I just got the :eyebrow: like I was the stupid one! :shrug:

Well, The Edge up close and in person is... :combust:... very nice, I must admit! :sexywink:

A few minutes after Mr. The Edge got into the car (a Mercedes, btw - yes, I do notices details like that :shifty: ...which later proved to be a nice little detail to know! :wink: ) Bono got out! :D

If the crowd went crazy before when Edge got out, well... as you might imagine it didn't get any better when Bono got out! :lol:
People pushing and screaming and security having to tell people to behave! :tsk:

If you've seen Bono up close you know it's impossible to describe the situation properly in words, but the smilies :ohmy:, :drool: and :combust: - yep, they describe the feeling pretty good! :wink:

So Bono was walking down the line of fans and signing, and as he had passed me and was going over towards the car, I take my eyes of him and I look at who is walking behind him...

Last edited:
...and I cannot believe my own eyes!!! I think I looked liked the :shocked:-smiley! :laugh:

kellyahern said:

It's Anton Corbijn!!!!!! :ohmy:

Bono and Edge I was prepared to see, so it didn't come as a complete shock when they walked out of the hotel, but... Anton!!!

So I stood there, looking very much like the shocked-smiley and somehow his name just came out of my mouth! :lol:

"A-A-Anton?!" I said, and he must have heard me, 'cause he turned his head and looked directly at me with a rather confused look, like he would have said "Someone knows my name?! :huh:", but he just looked at me and then got into the car with Bono and Edge...

So, all 3 of them was inside the car and they drowe away... I got hold of LB, still looking like :shocked:, holding the poor guys arm SO hard, I must have blocked all the arteries (sorry LB :hug: )! :lol: I think I just said something like "It was him, it was... it was..." which made LB rather confused, probably thinking I ment Bono, since he hadn't seen Anton! :lol:

Well, more to come later after dinner!

Last edited:
:lol: that reminds me of when we all of a sudden saw anton walking around the stage in munich before the show started..

me and a friend were all like "oh there's anton, there's anton" :ohmy: and another friend just said "anton who's anton?" :wink:

she actually knows him but was a bit confused because she didn't expect us to see him there

Merc said:
...and I cannot believe my own eyes!!! I think I looked liked the :shocked:-smiley! :laugh:

It's Anton Corbijn!!!!!! :ohmy:

Bono and Edge I was prepared to see, so it didn't come as a complete shock when they walked out of the hotel, but... Anton!!!

So I stood there, looking very much like the shocked-smiley and somehow his name just came out of my mouth! :lol:

"A-A-Anton?!" I said, and he must have heard me, 'cause he turned his head and looked directly at me with a rather confused look, like he would have said "Someone knows my name?! :huh:", but he just looked at me and then got into the car with Bono and Edge...

So, all 3 of them was inside the car and they drowe away... I got hold of LB, still looking like :shocked:, holding the poor guys arm SO hard, I must have blocked all the arteries (sorry LB :hug: )! :lol: I think I just said something like "It was him, it was... it was..." which made LB rather confused, probably thinking I ment Bono, since he hadn't seen Anton! :lol:

Well, more to come later after dinner!

You can block my arteries anytime you want..:sexywink:

If you want to read my account of meeting Bono and Edge that Saturday, read my post at General Tour Discussion/Fan experiences/'I met Bono and Edge in Copenhagen'. Or was that 'Edge and Bono'?!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Better late than never :reject: ...a few concert-pics from Copenhagen! :D

Koncert1.jpg

:heart: Dallas! :combust:

Koncert2.jpg

Koncert3.jpg

Koncert4.jpg

Koncert5.jpg

:wave:

oops Merc, I only noticed your bump to this thread just now :huh: (kinda late, I know:wink: )

but ....congrats on meeting them again and thanks for the pictures!!

So I gather you made it front row eh? :up:
and got soaked to the bone? :slant:

greety said:
oops Merc, I only noticed your bump to this thread just now (kinda late, I know)

but ....congrats on meeting them again and thanks for the pictures!!

So I gather you made it front row eh?
and got soaked to the bone?

Well, it's a late reply also, so... :reject:

But yes, front row at Edges b-stage :hyper: and very very soaked!!! :huh:

...but theres another reason I'm :bump:ing this thread - just found another site with pics form the Copenhagen concert! One of them is a real pleba-picture:

024.jpg

:wink:

More pics here:
Professional Copenhagen pics

I'm actually in pic nr. 15... and Lemonboy and me is in pic nr. 16! :yes: :D

Merc said:

Well, it's a late reply also, so... :reject:

But yes, front row at Edges b-stage :hyper: and very very soaked!!! :huh:

...but theres another reason I'm :bump:ing this thread - just found another site with pics form the Copenhagen concert! One of them is a real pleba-picture:

024.jpg

:wink:

More pics here:
Professional Copenhagen pics

I'm actually in pic nr. 15... and Lemonboy and me is in pic nr. 16! :yes: :D

nice :up: :bow:

Thanks Merc for the pics.

I still get cold shivers seeing all of you, soaked to the bone.

I don't seem to be able to find you in that pics nr15 though :reject:

I'm thinking that's you on the far right, but it is kinda dark so I'm not sure:uhoh:

greety said:
Thanks Merc for the pics.

I still get cold shivers seeing all of you, soaked to the bone.

I've never been so wet or so cold ever before :crack: - I will complain next time I see Bono! :tsk:

:lol: :wink:

greety said:
I don't seem to be able to find you in that pics nr15 though :reject:

I'm thinking that's you on the far right, but it is kinda dark so I'm not sure:uhoh:

Yep, I'm the last person in the very far right in pic 15...

(enjoying the very nice view to Bonos fine arse! :whistle: :giggle: )

...and in pic 16 I'm just to the right of the security-guy in the yellow shirt. Lemonboy is standing behind the short, blond girl (wearing a blue jaket and a red scarf) next to me! :D

Last edited:
Hi,

does anyone have any videoclips from the Vertigo Copenhagen show?

I have a pal, who is able to make a dvd. He would like to make the dvd complete

Is anyone able to help us with what we are missing or other tapers?

It does not have to be from videocam, digital cameras are fine too.

Best wishes

Steen

Back
Top Bottom