Conspiracy of Hope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Here she goes again, obscure Bono era of the day;) This is a beautiful and underrecognized time, the 1986 Conspiracy of Hope Amnesty International Tour. Bono was so young and pretty, and his hair was a gorgeous reddish bushy shag as it grew out from the mullet to the JT mane. He looked so lovely:love:

fringepretty.jpg

bonoamn86.jpg

This era also includes these beauties most often attributed to the JT era :drool:

bonobigblue2.jpg

jtbonopensive.jpg

If you look you can see the COH/AI sign in the background of these last 2 pics.

bonoelegant.jpg

I'll post more later when I find the ones I'm looking for. If anyone has any pic or still of this, Bono and/or the other guys, please post! :)

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how incredibly beautiful Bono was when he was young. He looks like some beautiful, delicate creature out of an Irish fairy tale...or maybe an angel...very ethreal...just breath-taking!

I love the way you describe him! That was beautiful :cute: :love: and so was he!

bono860.jpg

Here he is with Sting in front of the sign, from Mistyrose's album. Thanks! :)

bonostingconspiracy-vi.jpg

Thanks Emilie:)

This one is COH too, same hat :love:

339%3A557523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D899%3D354%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A89%3B7493ot1lsi

Last edited:
The Atlanta Conspiracy of Hope show was my first time seeing U2. June, 1986. Amazing. Peter Gabriel was on it, also. He did "Biko". At the time this song was banned in South Africa, which was solidly apartheid, and Nelson Mandela was in jail. Who would have *ever* known that one day Gabriel would perform this song in *post-apartheid* South Africa for *former President* of South Africa Nelson Mandela, guest of honor??? There's always hope.
The pix of Bono from Conspiracy of Hope=:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

U2Kitten-Awesome idea for a thread ! You made my dreary day much better.
:bow:

He's still gorgeous, but 80's era Bono is my favorite !
:drool: :love: :combust: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom