Colin Farrell spoofin' on Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:
Here's a video clip of the Colin Farrell portion of the Telemundo skit:

http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=D0ED649EE82F97321479496F1C24BE4A

I'm sorry about the picture/audio quality. It's the best that I can do with my webcam/line-in slot on my computer.

I'd greatly appreciate if people could post new YSI links if the link happens to expire. :)

Thanks,Queen Bee! I think I laughed harder watching it the second time! :lmao::lmao:

AtomicBono said:
downloading now... thanks for this QueenBee :bow: I'm not much of a Colin Farrell fan and seeing him dressed like Bono makes me soooo glad we've got the REAL B-man... but I will admit he's got it pretty dead on. Especially the way he's holding the mic and attacking the camera :laugh: looks like he's got the hand gestures too... not as well as I do though :D I do Bono's hand gestures when I talk, according to my friends, which is really funny because it's completely unconscious. I'm not TRYING to at all! But one time I was explaining something and my friend suddenly went "Whoa." and I was like "What?" and she was like "...nothing" and I kept pumping her and she finally said "Well it's just that I saw this thing with Bono on MTV this morning and he was talking and he did this hand gesture thing and what you did was EXACTLY like it." She and some of my other friends keep pointing it out whenever I do it but I have no idea...it's like, I don't control it, it just HAPPENS :lol: my impression of Vertigo, on the other hand, is completely conscious, right down to the pulling of the shirt on 'Jesus 'round her neck' :wink: comes on everyday on the bus ride without fail and I cannot resist the urge to go totally Bono. I even headlocked my [really cute] male friend during 'no one gets hurt' ala the HQ vid :D he is my Edge though, 'cause I was singing and he provided the "hola!" and "donde esta!"

LOL! That is so funny! I catch myself imitating Bono as well...especially when ay'm wearin' me Fly shades .. :bono::wink:

Colin must be a Bono fan because he knew Bono's hand movements to the T, and how he jumps at the camera.
Only a REAL Bono fan knows all those little details...
It was funny as hell, my brothers and I laughed at it hard.
For those who haven't seen it, download it.

Yeah, they're mates....

Colin's been able to witness Bono-isms firsthand...:wink:
w7l05

Last edited:
I don't know.... just because you're Irish and some people think you're hot (me NOT being one of those people!), doesn't mean you can pull off a believable version of THE hottest Irish man on Earth! :D
My Colin prejudices aside, he did do a remarkable job on the mannerisms. And he gets bonus points (or do the skit writers get those points???) for the little details, i.e. the rosary & shoes. It wasn't great enough that I'm sorry I missed it, though. :reject: :shrug: (And those 'brows!!!! :shocked: I've seen better on Sasquatch!)
*Blu shrinks into a corner & prepares to be stoned by the Colin lovers*:lol:

haha, i'm sure SNL could have provided the iPod (for some reason i always make the extra effort to get the capitalization right when i type Ipod). personally, i'd go with the sanyo version-- it holds 15 songs!

U2Kitten said:
Being Bono's friend, I hope he meant that as a compliment and not a spoof!

Sometimes friends or close aquaintances do the best spoofs. Mick Jagger's impression of Keith Richards on SNL a few years back was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the show. I guess after spending 30+ years with someone you would have them down.

I think Colin did a great job, the voice sounded fantastic and the mannerisms were spot on. I think most actors are mimics anyway. If you ever watch "Dinner for Five" or "Inside the Actor's Studio," most of the time if an actor/actress gets asked about someone they worked with, they tend to an impression of them.

Thanks Queen Bee for posting all of this!

PS Colin Farrell is quite the hottie!! :love:

dsmith2904 said:

PS Colin Farrell is quite the hottie!! :love:

he is a very attaractive guy but I still am having issues with the eyebrows - the sunglasses made them even more pronounced:wink:

LOL, I agree, Colin did a great job w/ the accent and mannerisms. Colin's accent is quite different than Bono's (well it sounds different to me). I think Colin is from Dublin, but I'm probably wrong about that.

I agree about Colin's eyebrows, they could use some major tweezing :wink: His body is nice though, my type :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom