Colin Farrell spoofin' on Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a video clip of the Colin Farrell portion of the Telemundo skit:

http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=D0ED649EE82F97321479496F1C24BE4A

I'm sorry about the picture/audio quality. It's the best that I can do with my webcam/line-in slot on my computer.

I'd greatly appreciate if people could post new YSI links if the link happens to expire. :)

Last edited:
Heyyyy! Well, you do know this is hew_, don't you? :wink:

:lmao: :lmao: :applaud: That clip was great! He sounded like Bono, and everything. Thanks for posting it.

lol, and I'm lovedstrangely. I left my aim in the u2 comm on lj so if someone wants it I could send it to them (properly credited to you of course :) )

thanks again

Oh, god, that was hilarious. Colin had him down so well! Still no Ben Stiller, though.

Being Bono's friend, I hope he meant that as a compliment and not a spoof!

Thank you very much for posting that Queen Bee.

You're the bees knees:bow:

Colin Farrell has obviously studied the B-man at length, the leg lifting bit at the start through to the way he was holding the mike and singing! Very, very good:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Queen Bee!! :bow:

I turned on SNL too late to catch that skit - but did see Scissor Sisters perform twice (more on that in a sec.).

Yeah, the Bono skit wasn't too funny, but when I compare it to the rest of the show, it was one of the highlights! LOL! And while Colin is NO singer (and people still talk about Bono's voice going bad?), he had Bono's mannerisms down. Funny stuff! :lmao:

As for the Scissor Sisters - this was my first exposure to them, and uh, well... I just wasn't that impressed. I didn't like their remake of the Pink Floyd song at all. The first song was better, but a bit of a mess musically - seemed to be going in 4 different directions at once. Sometimes you can get away with that, but not on this song. And the lead singer (does he ever wear a full shirt?) dances as bad as Bono - so it must be a white man thing (hence the main reason why white men don't dance, unless you're John Travolta). If the Scissor Sisters do open for U2, I will pay them a lot more attention though, much as I did PJ Harvey :drool: .

I hear Snow Patrol is opening for them, at least in the U.S. for the first leg.

This was my first exposure to scissor sisters too, I think I'll give their other songs a listen before I decide. They weren't too bad.

Thank's Queen Bee, you rock again. dance:

That was a good skit, not so much funny just Colin trying to act like Bono was what set me off laughing. :wink:
I can almost see Bono laughing his ass off and ribbing Colin about secretly wishing to be him.

On the swearing thing, I saw Colin Farrell on the Ellen Degeneres show and she said everytime he cursed and they had to bleep him, he would have to donate $100 to the charity she was promoting on her show. She had cash register sound effect "cha ching" and everytime he cursed that effect sounded. He wound up paying $900 to her charity but rounded it off to $1000. :laugh:
He was funny as hell on that show...

downloading now... thanks for this QueenBee :bow: I'm not much of a Colin Farrell fan and seeing him dressed like Bono makes me soooo glad we've got the REAL B-man... but I will admit he's got it pretty dead on. Especially the way he's holding the mic and attacking the camera :laugh: looks like he's got the hand gestures too... not as well as I do though :D I do Bono's hand gestures when I talk, according to my friends, which is really funny because it's completely unconscious. I'm not TRYING to at all! But one time I was explaining something and my friend suddenly went "Whoa." and I was like "What?" and she was like "...nothing" and I kept pumping her and she finally said "Well it's just that I saw this thing with Bono on MTV this morning and he was talking and he did this hand gesture thing and what you did was EXACTLY like it." She and some of my other friends keep pointing it out whenever I do it but I have no idea...it's like, I don't control it, it just HAPPENS :lol: my impression of Vertigo, on the other hand, is completely conscious, right down to the pulling of the shirt on 'Jesus 'round her neck' :wink: comes on everyday on the bus ride without fail and I cannot resist the urge to go totally Bono. I even headlocked my [really cute] male friend during 'no one gets hurt' ala the HQ vid :D he is my Edge though, 'cause I was singing and he provided the "hola!" and "donde esta!"

That video was hilarious! Colin didn't sound like Bono, and he sure didn't sing like him, but he got his movements down. I love that he was doing that whole playing with the camera thing, and I can't believe he had the shoes. My mother, that does not like Bono, thought that it was very funny. She is still laughing and re-enacting it. Thank you so much Queen Bee...you are the queen! :bow:

thanks queen bee. that was soooo funny, colin really had bono's manerisims down, but he could really do with some singing lessons, he makes me sound good :wink:

clementine_rose said:
. I love that he was doing that whole playing with the camera thing, and I can't believe he had the shoes.

Me,too! That really made me laugh when he went to the camera !! Oh ,the shoes...I am still laughing over that...what a great finishing touch to a Bono impersonation! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom