Clinton Library Pics.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
Has anyone been able to find any yet?

In case anyone missed it, Bono and Edge opened with a cover of The Beatles song "Rain." Bono sang an extra verse about "getting four presidents out of bed." Then Bono spoke about how Clinton helped with the third world debt and then how he helped the Ireland peace process. They then played an acoustic version of "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" and a special performance of "Hands That Built America" with Edge on the piano.

Bono had on a suit, purple shirt unbuttoned, it was raining so his hair was wet.

Edge had on his brown leather jacket, shirt, beanie. :)madspit: )

Both looked really, really good. :drool:

They did look good. It looked to me, and maybe I saws it wrong that Edge's hands were a bit shakey on the piano. I can't imagine how nervous that would be to stand up there in front of the Presidents and all those people. They are used to it but I'm sure they still get nervous.

kellyahern said:
FYI - Cspan's website has it repeating on Cspan1 on Sunday at 10 a.m. :wave:

Thanks, Kelly! I'll have to watch it again to see....

Oh, Also I watched it on MSNBC today. They actually showed it and they weren't talked over. (Like on Fox) I think they rerun their stuff late night. So it may be on tonight late on MSNBC.

Lisa71 said:
They did look good. It looked to me, and maybe I saws it wrong that Edge's hands were a bit shakey on the piano. I can't imagine how nervous that would be to stand up there in front of the Presidents and all those people. They are used to it but I'm sure they still get nervous.

I think he was probably freezing rather than nervous LOL! He was soaking wet by the time they played Hands.

lthumb.arrf12111182027.clinton_library_arrf121.jpg

nice purple shirt...I love how it's half unbuttoned :drool:

I tried to watch the thing on stream but it ain't working...I'm at school of course so maybe it'll work on my home comp... has anyone got like an isolated clip of just U2's performance? When is this thing gonna be on again...?

I wasn't home to see the ceremony...I hope it will be on again! :sad: I will be so sad if I don't see it. The pics that are up here are great, both of the boys are looking wonderful!

Aww. So cute. I love those two together. Cant wait to watch again this time on a big TV. Called my mom to Tivo it for me, will be paying a visit to the parents tonight... :wink:

oliveu2cm said:

OMG :drool:

stars in heaven he's looking sooo good!!!

I love Air America & all the hosts but Al Franken [who was there an doing commentary & fed from it till he got back into the auditorium his show brocasting from} didn't mention :hug: Edge {so I thot he didn't show up w Bono}.

yeah, i wondered if they were going to sing "the hands that built...." glad they did.

thanks olive!!! :hug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom