Ciao Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know, but maybe someone is interested in what's written on the newspaper "La Sicilia" about the visit made by Bono last weekend in the small country of Ortigia, Siracusa-Sicily. So I'm trying to translate it:
BONO VOX THROUGH THE NARROW STREETS OF ORTIGIA.
Going for a walk with friends through Ortigia. Walking through narrow alleys and small baroque squares, stopping for admiring the cathedral square, then going for dinner in a restaurant in the historical centre of the town. (...) The star who last saturday evening was enjoying indisturbed the magic atmosphere of Ortigia was the rock singer par excellence Bono Vox, the scratching voice of U2. The singer berthed at the historical centre by sea, being on board of a three storey white-blue yacht, which didn't already go unobserved. (...) Probably the rockstar is going on a Mediterranean cruise and chose to make a stope right at the beauty Sicilian city. Half-disguised by a green cap dropped on his forehead, shaved hair, barely roundish face, jeans and t-shirt, he walked peacefully through Ortigia's alleys with his wife and a group of 5-6 friends, all of english toungue. Nobody recognised him in the small group, none was expecting him to be there. And so the leader of U2 acted as a normal tourist: the walk, a typical dinner and went back to the yacht straight with the shuttle bus.

ok, this is the first part of the article. I've got to put my little son to bed and will go on with the translation in a while.. :)

Hi, onekea, thank you so much for the link and the translation of the article! So Bono is in Italy, I am sure he is enjoying his trip with his friends, especially since it's his wedding day with Ali, what a beautiful place to be!

Galeongirl said:
thanks for the translation :) sounds like a beautiful village!

Your welcome :wave: Unfortunately I never been there, I'm from northern Italy, very near Austria in fact, so very far from where he is/was :sad: but I know that those places are beautiful.

Hoping my son is already asleep, here the second part of the article 'cause we girls are nosing to know everything about our special man, don't we? So, enjoy:
(...)"Likeable, well-disposed, a very affable person" said the owner of the restaurant, "but I was struck by his simplicity. Everybody in the room recognised him, but no one wanted to bother him and he liked it. He asked for a salad as hors-d'oeuvre, then ate pasta with ragout and finished by tasting some typical Sicilan desserts. Only at the end of the dinner, which wasn't based on fish (he doesn't like it), a client wanted to pay him homage by offering him an important bottle of fine reserved local wine and a painting by a local painter." Bono, told the chef, said he appreciated the loving and tactfully welcome given him by the people, feeling a bit as home. So did his wife Alison. (...)

So, that's all. I hope the translation was clear, I did my best.

:sexywink: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :)

Laney_82 said:
thank you very much for the info onekea!!!!!:wink:
are there any pics??

The only one I found is the black and white pix on the newspaper you see in the link, not of very good quality in fact...but he looks good and hot as ever, isn't he?
Why isn't he coming to my city to visit Oetzi, the famous mummy of Similaun?!! Well..who can blame him? I also would prefer sea instead of a mummy!!! :shocked:

last unicorn said:
This is the first time I hear about Bono not liking fish. [/B]

well...it's a thing we have in common, a part of the one of being made one for each other...but he doesn't know this last one yet... :sexywink:

:hmm: so Bono doesn't like fish eh?

:drool: I could eat steak with him then, I love meat but don't care much for fish... tastes like nothing...

:lol: I don't eat fish at all, and never have. I hate it when I tell people that and they go "Not even tuna?". Last time I checked, tuna was a fish :wink: So yes, not even tuna :tongue:

Bono should come over to my house for some chicken alfredo. It's my specialty :drool:

Onekea, thankyou for the article and translating it!

very nice to hear that he was able to have a quiet time with Ali, as compared to the insanity of his stay in the south of france just recently. i hope it was a beautiful and relaxing time for my fave couple. smart idea on their part i think, to seek out unknown, beautiful little villages. i'm sure they crave the peace and relaxation.

thankyou!

Last edited:
onekea said:

Your welcome :wave: Unfortunately I never been there, I'm from northern Italy, very near Austria in fact, so very far from where he is/was :sad: but I know that those places are beautiful.

Hoping my son is already asleep, here the second part of the article 'cause we girls are nosing to know everything about our special man, don't we? So, enjoy:
(...)"Likeable, well-disposed, a very affable person" said the owner of the restaurant, "but I was struck by his simplicity. Everybody in the room recognised him, but no one wanted to bother him and he liked it. He asked for a salad as hors-d'oeuvre, then ate pasta with ragout and finished by tasting some typical Sicilan desserts. Only at the end of the dinner, which wasn't based on fish (he doesn't like it), a client wanted to pay him homage by offering him an important bottle of fine reserved local wine and a painting by a local painter." Bono, told the chef, said he appreciated the loving and tactfully welcome given him by the people, feeling a bit as home. So did his wife Alison. (...)

So, that's all. I hope the translation was clear, I did my best.

My mother's family is from Sicily. I've never been but I'm glad that Bono and family had such a wonderful time there.

Thanks for finding the picture and translating the article, onekea

bono: :heart: :heart: :hug: :bono:

onekea said:

The only one I found is the black and white pix on the newspaper you see in the link, not of very good quality in fact...but he looks good and hot as ever, isn't he?
Why isn't he coming to my city to visit Oetzi, the famous mummy of Similaun?!! Well..who can blame him? I also would prefer sea instead of a mummy!!! :shocked:

Here's the pic from the above link. Thanks again onekea!

bonoitaliannewspaper8-07.jpg

All of Italy is just beautiful, I can totally understand Bono's love for this country!

And hi :wave: onekea, we're almost neighbours, since I'm an Austrian girl. Beautiful place where you're coming from.

Yeah, but I guess there's not much fish in fish & chips. :lol:

I can understand that, though, because I don't like fish if it looks, smells and tastes like fish, everything else is fine.

Maybe it was just a misinterpretation on the chef's site. I cannot imagine Bono telling him that he doesn't like fish in general, maybe he just didn't want that particular fish they had to offer.

I am sure they had some good Sicilian wine, I just love Italian red wines.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:lol: I don't eat fish at all, and never have. I hate it when I tell people that and they go "Not even tuna?". Last time I checked, tuna was a fish :wink: So yes, not even tuna :tongue:

Bono should come over to my house for some chicken alfredo. It's my specialty :drool:

:sad: not even sushi?

that's the only fish I really love :wink: and smoked salmon and such....

Back
Top Bottom