Christy says Bono did not give her away......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vm72

The Fly
On the website cookiemag.com, which Christy is the cover model of the magazine this month with her children, she says in the interview that:

From the website:
Contrary to many reports, the U2 frontman and activist did not give her away at her wedding. "He was there, of course, but I gave myself away. I mean, I was 25 weeks pregnant at the time," she says, acknowledging that her gown, designed by John Galliano, offered the relative disguise of an Empire waist. "Eddie met me halfway down the aisle." (At the reception, she recounts with bemused indignation, one of Burns's friends took him aside and said, "It's so nice that Christy got a boob job for you for a wedding gift.")

Last edited:
Huh? This is the first time I'm hearing that. I remember I read an article about her featuring an interview some months ago where she said Bono was best man at her wedding.

last unicorn said:
Huh? This is the first time I'm hearing that. I remember I read an article about her featuring an interview some months ago where she said Bono was best man at her wedding.

Ed's younger brother Brian was his best man.

vm72 said:

Ed's younger brother Brian was his best man.

OK, I used the wrong word, I meant Bono gave the bride away ... but honestly, I don't really know for sure and I forgot what article/interview that was.

It's a fact, however, that they are close friends and he was there at the wedding.

I remember seeing on Entertainment Tonite that B gave her away. :yes: because here father was gone & she asked Bono. something like that. :shrug:

Bono's Doll said:
I remember seeing on Entertainment Tonite that B gave her away. :yes: because here father was gone & she asked Bono. something like that. :shrug:

Well, like she said, "Contrary to reports"....I think she is finally setting the record straight. I think all the gossip shows wanted to report something "interesting" without really knowing the facts.

Why shouldn't Bono be giving her away, after all, they are very close friends? :huh:

But if he didn't, I don't care either. It's not that he's been running around telling everyone.

She DID ask Bono to give her away in her original wedding set in early 2001, but Ed and her postponed the wedding and reset the date.

To my knowledge, there were never any reports that had the real facts on Bono giving her away at her wedding. Only that she had asked him. :shrug:

Thanks to Christy for setting the record straight.

vm72 said:

Well, like she said, "Contrary to reports"....I think she is finally setting the record straight. I think all the gossip shows wanted to report something "interesting" without really knowing the facts.

What, a supermodel marrying a well known actor isn't "interesting"?:huh:

Back
Top Bottom