Chris Kattan as Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by U2Kitten:
I really don't like people making fun of Bono, if they imitate him it should be in a flattering way. Does anyone remember when Bobcat Golthwait used to do him in the 80's, dressed in the JT gear with a ponytail? He used to do the WOWY video, 'my hands are tied..' and put them up over his head like Bono. ANYONE else ever see that?

yes, I totally remember that. I was trying to remember the name of the comic that did that.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
I did see that episode of SNL. Not too long after U2 was on SNL in December of 2000 (OMG that was over a year ago!) Chris Kattan was on Conan. He was talking about how he's a huge fan of U2, and how he was really excited to meet Bono. I can't remember all of what he said, but he talked about eating a pizza with Bono and his (Chris's) dad showing up and embarassing him, and about how he wanted Bono to do a Mango skit but Bono didn't really want to.

Then he launched into an impression of Bono singing Sunday Bloody Sunday and climbed into the audience yelling "NO MORE!" over and over. It was really funny!

I love Mango ... it would have been so hilarious to see Bono in the mango skit. Actually, It would have been funny seeing all of them in a Mango skit. Mango has a crush on Larry; Edge is over, in a corner blushing whenever Mango dances; Bono lusting after Mango; Adam, encouraging Mango to wear sarongs.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

I don't really like SNL skits. I find that they drag on for too long, and the writer's are running out of ideas. I don't think that they could write a good U2 skit, because they don't know everything about U2!!

Not like us, I wish that WE could write U2 skits for SNL!! They would be great. Bono always getting Elevations, Edge Blushing all the time, Adam with his spoons and sarongs, and Larry snarling!! Now THAT would be funny to see!!!

I guess that would make you (naturally!) Bono's BED!!!!

OMG! YOU'RE RIGHT!!! I MUST do this..

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I don't really like SNL skits. I find that they drag on for too long, and the writer's are running out of ideas. I don't think that they could write a good U2 skit, because they don't know everything about U2!!

Not like us, I wish that WE could write U2 skits for SNL!! They would be great. Bono always getting Elevations, Edge Blushing all the time, Adam with his spoons and sarongs, and Larry snarling!! Now THAT would be funny to see!!!

OMG!! do you know how great we could make it?! with all the talent we have here on PLEBA?

hell, with all the plays and dramas flying around in here, we could easily produce a weekly tv series!!! like SNL, but all U2.

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Ha ha ha
Comedy Central just showed the old SNL with the "Duets" sketch. I always loved Phil Hartman's Sinatra.

------------------
I had the loudest mouth. When we formed the group, I was the lead guitar player, singer and songwriter. Nobody talked back at first. But then they talked me out of being lead guitar player and into being the rythm guitar player and into just being the singer. And then they tried to talk me out of being the singer and into being the manager. But I held on to that. Arrogance may have been the reason. - Bono

I saw only Alec Baldwin as JT Bono on SNL, he was great, and I think I have Sandler's parformance in realaudio.

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

http://limelight.pcdome.hu

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
OMG!! do you know how great we could make it?! with all the talent we have here on PLEBA?

hell, with all the plays and dramas flying around in here, we could easily produce a weekly tv series!!! like SNL, but all U2.
Senior Show....lol VIVA LA REVOLUCION
wink.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Back
Top Bottom