Chinchillas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
...anyone ever had one? My boyfriend can't have a cat yet, so he wants to save up for a pair of chinchillas as soon as my guinea pigs are back with me. I've asked questions at the pet stores, but so far, none of the employees have actually had one, so I'd like to know what they're like from someone with experience. From what I've heard so far, you should always get two, and they don't really need anything special besides a sand bath. Are they really hyper? They have this look about them, like they're going to split the second the cage door opens....

chinchilla.jpg

I had one for a few years, and mine was a fraidy-chinchilla.

If Phil's looking for something he can pick up and pet, I wouldn't recommend one, they're not really too good with that...
I couldn't find anywhere that sold chinchilla food, so I'd give it a little bowl of guinea pig food and a big bowl of dried alfalfa. He seemed to do all right... though I do remember several family chasings of the critter around the basement when he got out of his cage.
They're cute, and soft, and nice, and don't bite, and they like jelly beans, but I like cats a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom