Check out these outfits!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giant Lemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I came across this picture today, and it cracked me up! Edge looks like a golfer, Brian Eno a waiter, Bono a tourist, Adam a pilot, and I guess Larry's supposed to be a motorcycle guy (even though he already is)! Is there any story behind this photo?

3326%3A92323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E23232729%3A%3B5%3B%3Aot1lsi

------------------
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be alright
Uncertainty can be a guiding light

"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 10-23-2001).]

Is that Paul M? It doesn't look like him to me, he looks like the guy that posed w/U2 when all the members dressed up like chefs, anybody got that pic?

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

It does look like the same guy to me. Maybe it's just my eyesight
smile.gif

Bahaha! I'd seen pics of Edge golfer before, but never all of them! What photo shoot is this from I wonder??
Anyway, here's one of just Larry!
ZI88900.jpg

Could the mystery man be Brian Eno?

Originally posted by u2utah:
I think it is the same. It's even the same outfit. The boys must have been bored that day and decided to play dress-up
biggrin.gif

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

Yeah, I thought it was Brian Eno, and it was around the time of Passengers. I was looking at the pic last night, and I was trying to figure out what in the world Edge was trying to be, and YES...A GOLFER! LOL!

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

I think I read somewhere that that's just what they did...they dressed up for fun for the photo shoot (that's Brian, BTW, not Paul). I remember there was some funny story to go along with the pics/outfits, but darned if I can remember! (maybe in the Flanagan book?)

I think it's pretty funny that they all dressed how they "are" or how they sort of think of themselves...Adam's dad is a pilot, Larry's a biker of course, Edge is...um...1900s natty-man? and Bono is just...well, Bono, in that wacky flowered shirt...

love how they don't ever take themselves too seriously!

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I think I read somewhere that that's just what they did...they dressed up for fun for the photo shoot (that's Brian, BTW, not Paul). I remember there was some funny story to go along with the pics/outfits, but darned if I can remember! (maybe in the Flanagan book?)

I don't think the story is in the Flanagan book- this photo shoot probably took place after the book was finished. I'd love to read the story behind this, though. Here's another pic of the Edge in his golfer gear. (And thanks everyone for correcting me about Brian Eno- oops!
redface.gif
)

3326%3A%3C8323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E23232729%3A%3B982ot1lsi

Ahhh!!! Thanks for that pic GL!!!
How much do I love Edge-golfer you ask?
Heh, soooo much! He's adorable!

------------------
I lave joo

ROTF.
That's too funny.
*manages to control laughter, takes another look at golfer Edge and starts ROTF again*
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mocool12:
Bahaha! I'd seen pics of Edge golfer before, but never all of them! What photo shoot is this from I wonder??
Anyway, here's one of just Larry!
ZI88900.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Larry biker yummy *drooooooooooooooooooooooool*
biggrin.gif

I just want to jump him lol

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Edgie looks like a a natty Irishman who would be more at home in a pub than playing a Les Paul.

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
I don't think the story is in the Flanagan book- this photo shoot probably took place after the book was finished. I'd love to read the story behind this, though. Here's another pic of the Edge in his golfer gear. (And thanks everyone for correcting me about Brian Eno- oops!
redface.gif
)

3326%3A%3C8323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E23232729%3A%3B982ot1lsi

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

Aww, those pics always make me laugh
biggrin.gif
Bono with that hat looks too cute and he looks very good as a chef as do the rest! hehehe

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by Discoteque:
just had to add this rather questionable top that Bono once wore...man, the 80s were a frightening time for fashion, weren't they?!
biggrin.gif

LMAO, Oh so true!!

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Hey! Whaddaya know??? Bono doesn't shave his pits! LOL!

Like, OHMYGOD, didn't you know, like, the 80's were like, so RAD?!?!

LOL- I think my head is going to explode...

Moonie

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting
(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Discoteque, hope you don't mind I pulled this from you on the Bono behaving badly thread...

Just have a look at Edge's shirt!

jr55458.jpg

And that was even pre-shrooms!

------------------
and I must be an acrobat to talk like this and act like that

U2! in Boston! in DC! with me!

[This message has been edited by u2zed (edited 10-24-2001).]

Originally posted by mocool12:

ZI88900.jpg

i like those pants! they look cute on him! (the fact that larry would look cute in a garbage bag, not withstanding.)

biggrin.gif

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Back
Top Bottom