charlie rose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not on here in Atlanta, I don't know why, but an awesome song of what's goin on by Michael McDonald.

yeah, chris martin from coldplay and bono did a duet of "what's going on" for charity and then there was a whole gang of pop stars who bono did a version with (justin timberlake, etc).
originally it was to raise funds for africa, but then it also raised funds for 9/11 if i recall correctly as its timing was right near the time of that tragedy.

Michael McDonald is on here in Atlanta, but I thought they sounded great and I don't even like Michael McDonald, they were playing some great songs.

MattFromNYC said:
WHAT THE HELL????? I HAVE THE STATION ON. i checked the listings on the digital cable thing on the tv itself and mentions no airing of charlie rose. wtf?

I know. I don't know what to think of Charlie Rose, sometimes shows are on at 1:00 p.m. and sometimes late at night. And I hardly ever watch Charlie Rose.

it seems there are 2 different episodes playing in different parts of the country.
michael macdonald was not on the one i watched. bono is on an episode with norm pearlstine up first, and guys from the bill and melinda gates foundation are on after bono.

caragriff said:
bono did a very good job. but it was an oddly sycophantic interview. at the end of the interview, charlie rose said to bono "good for you."

What does sycophantic mean?

browneyedgirl40 said:

What does sycophantic mean?

i think like going along with everything and praising.
not sure how it tied into the bono thing because i dont see anything bono's doing thats wrong and SHOULD be praised and gone along with.

browneyedgirl40 said:

I know. I don't know what to think of Charlie Rose, sometimes shows are on at 1:00 p.m. and sometimes late at night. And I hardly ever watch Charlie Rose.

Yeah, I know. Charlie Rose kinda bugs me.. but I'll watch him if he has someone interesting on. I figured it out and got it on.

How many shows has Bono been on already today?!
Anderson Cooper... Nightly News.. Charlie Rose.. and wasnt there something else? Damn, I missed all the other stuff.. again. :mad:
U2.com should keep all of this listed.

Back
Top Bottom