Catching the Bonosapian (a PLEBAn tale) - Chapter 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
Only two more chapters left after this one! :ohmy:

---------------------------------------------------

Adam stared at the computer screen. Bono had found something interesting apparently, but then logged off before telling him what it was. That was no huge surprise though, Bono wasn't exactly that adept at using a computer. He had a tendency to click icons and buttons just to see what they would do, and as a result often disconnected himself, inadvertantly changed his settings, and generally screwed things up.

Adam waited a few minutes, sipping his lemonade, to see if Bono would log back on. He didn't however, and Adam, both curious to know what Bono had found, and bored and wanting to continue the conversation, decided to call him.

But when Adam dialed the number, the phone simply rang and rang with no answer. Well, that wasn't much of a surprise either. Bono had also been known to leave his phone behind in various places without realizing it. Feeling michevious, Adam decided to phone the studio Bono was at with the Spice Girls and leave a message for him to locate his damn phone. Adam smiled as he located the number for Principle Management on his phone, it was times like these that he was glad he had the connections to get a hold of almost any number he needed.

-----------------

Wayne was halfway down the stairs to the second floor when he first heard the ringing. He stopped abruptly and glanced around. It was a ringtone, but it wasn't his ringtone. He'd left his phone upstairs anyway. It only took him a moment to realize the ringing was coming from the front pocket of the laptop case.

Wayne tugged the zipper open and pulled out the (RED) Motorola phone, identical to his own. The difference though, was that this was Bono's phone. A quick glance at the screen told him what he suspected, Adam was phoning.

Wayne turned the phone off and shoved it back into the pocket of the laptop case. He continued back down the stairs with growing dread. Gluey was going to kill him.

----------------

A quick phone call to Principle had gotten Adam the number for the Spice Girls' management. From there he'd be able to get the number for the studio. He dialed and waited while the phone rang twice before a woman answered cheerfully.

"Hello, this is Adam Clayton of U2. I need the number of the studio the Girls are recording at, I need to call Bono there."

"You must be mistaken." The woman replied.

"What do you mean?"

"They're not recording right now. They haven't even rented a studio yet."

Adam was utterly confused now. "Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure, they're not even all in the country right now. Victoria is in L.A., and Geri is in France."

"But that can't be, I dropped him off at their studio a few hours ago. In the warehouse district." Adam was beginning to worry now.

"Dropped who off?"

"Bono! He's supposed to be recording a single with them!"

"I don't think so. They haven't got anything in their itenerary about that." The woman paused. "Is everything alright?"

"No, it's not." Adam said, hanging up. None of this made sense. Bono had been contacted by the Spice Girls' manager over a week ago and they'd set the whole thing up. Or at least he'd been contacted by someone claiming to be their manager.
Adam got up quickly from his stool. This was terrible. Something very fishy was going on here, and Bono was right in the middle of it. Somewhere across town in the warehouse district, Bono had been lured into something suspicious, and now he wasn't answering his phone. Adam had to do something.

-------------

Wayne arrived outside the observation room just as BF and Wild were coming out and locking the door behind them. They both smiled when they saw him, and Wild pulled a pair of Armani shades from her shirt pocket and held them out with him. Wayne was torn between his pleasure at having an actual pair of Bono's shades, and his current worry over what had just happened.

"Thanks." He said tucking them into his jacket pocket as he quickly and rushed through the doorway. He glanced first through the window at Bono, who was sitting on the bed, in a new outfit. As Wayne watched, Bono stretched and lay back on the bed, his arms behind his head. Several of the PLEBAns in the room sighed happily. Wayne turned to Gluey.

"Did you find anything on the computer?" She asked.

"Yes, but there's a problem."

"What happened?"

"I found new music, and it was awesome, but I was so distracted by it that I didn't realize what I was doing. The computer must have connected to the internet, because an IM window popped up, and I forgot I wasn't on my own computer."

Gluey sat up straight, and when she spoke, her voice was quite serious. "Did you give anything away?"

"No." Wayne said, and Gluey breathed a sigh of relief. "It was Adam that IMed. He asked if Bono was making any progress, only I figured it was a BRI member asking about us. I said yes, then I said 'you won't believe what I found', referring to the music I'd found. Then I realized what I was doing. Adam sent a few more IMs before I finally shut off the computer. Then he tried to call, Bono's phone was in the laptop case. I didn't answer."

"Good." Gluey said, standing up and pacing the floor a little bit. "I think we'll be alright. Adam shouldn't have any indication from that that all is not right. Just to be on the safe side though..." Gluey glanced through the window at Bono. "We're almost done with him. Alisaura still has to do the psychological exam, but we've basically managed to do everything we planned in record time. I know I said we'd try to keep him as long as we thought we could get away with it, simply because it's so wonderful to have him, but I think it might be best if we went ahead and let him go as soon as we can, just to make sure there isn't any further trouble."

Several of the PLEBANs made mild sounds of disappointment at this, but for the most part they understood and respected Gluey's decision. Gluey sat back down and glanced around. Alisaura was standing up, clutching a large folder.

"Before I go in for the psychological exam, can we see what Wayne found on Bono's computer?" Alisaura asked.

"I think that's a good idea." Gluey said. "Just make sure you don't IM anybody this time!"

--------------------------

The plot thickens :hmm:

Stay tuned, some surprises await you in the next chapter.

:lol: :applaud:

I should've told you my phone's ringtone is WITS, you could've maybe worked it in :)

Cant wait for more!
Bono shades!!! :yippie:

Back
Top Bottom