Catching the Bonosapian (a PLEBAn tale) - Chapter 11 (FINAL CHAPTER!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
This is it kids, end of the road. All traffic stops here. Turn out the lights when you exit the bus.

...enough with the cliches. I could drag this on longer, but Blm might kill me if I don't hurry up and post this final chapter.

Though come to think of it... you all might kill me when you see what happens :uhoh:

But I can't avoid it now, so let's go:

---------------------------------------------------

Zootles rang the doorbell a second time and waited, alternately peering through the small window into the dimly lit front hall of the building, and over at the large rubbish bin Adam was currently hiding behind. Eventually the door swung open a few inches and Zootles had to compose himself and refrain from glancing conspicuously back at the bin.

"Zoots!" Brittany said, raising her eyebrows. "What are you doing here?"

"Listen Brittany, I need to talk to Gluey."

"Well, we're all pretty busy right now. But I'll go tell her you're here and see if she wants to come down."

"Thanks." Zootles said as Brittany turned to go, not inviting him inside to wait, but leaving the door ajar slightly. As soon as she was out of sight up the stairs, Zootles motioned for Adam to come out. "We've only got a minute before one of them comes back downstairs. I don't know if they'll let me inside or not, but you go on in and find a hiding place. If they don't let me in, you can once the coast is clear."

"Alright." Adam said, rushing through the door. But he quickly stopped in his tracks and turned back, peering at the doorknob. "Oh no." He said, his voice full of dismay.

"What? What's wrong?" Zootles asked.

"This is an antique lock! It can only be unlocked with a key, even from the inside!"

"Dammit." Zootles muttered, facepalming. "What would MacGyver do?"

Adam pondered that for a moment but then had a burst of inspiration. "Gum! We can jam the lock with it!" He said excitedly and began searching his pockets. "I should have some, I started chewing it when I gave up smoking." After a moment he found a nearly full pack, and he and Zootles both began chewing several sticks as quickly as they could. Soon they each had a good-sized wad which they jammed into the lock to prevent it from engaging.

"We're lucky I know my antiques! Just think of what would've happened if I'd been locked in here with them!"

"You might still be if this gum doesn't hold." Zootles said softly as Adam rushed through a nearby doorway to find a hiding place.

The room he found himself in was furnished with cushy sofas, although what caught Adam's eye immediately was the metal office chair sitting alone in the middle of the room, with several lengths of rope lying tangled on the floor around it. Adam felt a lump form in his throat as he imagined Bono tied to that chair. Suddenly Adam was filled with a new stoic determination. He would rescue Bono from this place if it was the last thing he did.

Adam crouched down and found a hiding space where he could see into the hallway without being seen and waited. It wasn't long before the girl that had answered the door came back down to talk to Zootles.

"I'm sorry Zootles, but Gluey's just entirely too busy to see you right now. But she says that if you come back in a few hours, she'll be able to talk to you then."

Before Zootles could so much as respond, she'd shut the door, locked it (or so she thought) and headed back up the stairs. Adam waited until she was out of sight before rushing back out in the hallway. He headed back to the door to see if it would open, but before he reached it, Zootles pushed it open and stepped inside.

"They've got him upstairs." Zootles said, rushing toward the stairs.

"How do you know?" Adam asked following him.

Zootles paused on the bottom stair and turned around. "Because that's where they took me."

"You mean...?"

Zootles nodded. "I was their practice run."

"Lead the way then." Adam said, following Zootles.

Together they rushed up to the second floor where Zootles led the way right toward the heavy steel door leading to Bono's room. As they neared the door, they stepped lightly, and hugged the wall in an effort to go unnoticed by the PLEBAns and BRI researchers gathered in the observation room next door.

Adam peeked through the small window in the door and saw Bono sitting relatively unharmed on a small bed, while a woman held up one photo after another.

"What are they doing to him?" Adam whispered.

"I'm not sure." Zootles said, before reaching out tentatively and trying the doorknob. But of course it was locked. "Listen, get behind me. She has to come out eventually, and when she does, I'm gonna keep the door open while you get Bono out."

"Alright." Adam agreed, getting behind Zootles, who stood near the door, his hand lightly on the knob.

------------

Alisaura, like all the other PLEBAns here, was completely unaware that the BRI headquarters had been infiltrated. After showing Bono the last photo in the folder, she made him sit still while she made a few notes about his reactions, before stacking the photos neatly and returning them to the folder.

"All done, now that wasn't so bad, was it?" She asked, unsticking the electrodes from Bono's head and body.

Bono winced as a bit of his chest hair came up with one of the electrodes. "That's easy for you to say. You weren't the one having your brain picked." Bono was embarrassed. Some of the photos in that file had been rather intimate in nature, and although Bono had tried to remain calm on the outside upon seeing them, he knew that the equipment he had been hooked up to would tell the truth.

Alisaura just smiled and patted him on the shoulder. "We're almost done with you here, I think. We'll have to see what Gluey thinks though."

Bono just crossed his arms and leaned back on the bed. He wanted to get out of here, and he was growing tired of waiting.

------------

In the hall, Zootles heard the jingle of keys on the other side of the door. He readied himself, and as soon as he felt the doorknob turn beneath his hand, he wrenched it open. Adam jumped out from behind Zootles into the open doorway.

"Adam!" Alisaura said in shock, dropping the file. She covered her gaping mouth with one hand and backed up against the wall. Her body was close to swooning, while her mind screamed at her to grab him.

"Bono! Come on!" Adam said, stepping into the room and treading on the scattered files. He glanced down at them and had a bit of a start when he recognized his infamous nude Achtung Baby photo staring up at him from the top of the pile.

Bono had gotten to his feet and rushed toward Adam. They embraced briefly, which caused Alisaura to utter a wibbling sound. They turned to leave, but found that the hallway was already filling up with Bono's female captors, who'd heard all the ruckus from the other room. Grabbing Bono's arm, Adam rushed with him headlong through the stunned crowd of girls and toward the stairs.

In his zeal to get away, Adam had completely forgotten about Zootles until he reached the top of the stairs. He turned back and saw Zootles rushing toward the stairs as well, with the PLEBAns right on his tail.

They clamoured down the stairs and while Bono rushed ahead of him out the door and toward the car, Adam had the sense to pluck the chewed gum out of the door lock. Adam stumbled out onto the sidewalk and called back to Zootles to shut the door. Zootles slipped out, pulling the door shut just in time to trap the PLEBAns inside. They had the key, of course, but the locked door would hold them up enough for Bono and Adam to make a clean getaway.

Adam got into the car where Bono already waited, and Zootles tumbled into the backseat without waiting to be invited. Adam took off, driving speedily through the streets until he felt they were far enough away to not be followed. Only then did he get to take a good look at Bono.

"What are you wearing?"

Bono glanced down at his leather pants, complete with shiny arrows pointing toward the crotch and made a face. "They made me wear these. I don't even want to think about what they're going to do with the pants I came in with... oh no!" Bono's face was suddenly crossed with anxiety.

"What?" Adam and Zootles asked simultaneously.

"They've got my laptop! All our new songs!"

Adam smiled. "Relax."

"How can I relax? Edge is going to kill me!"

"No, Edge has been keeping your entire hard drive backed up for months now. Just in case."

"Oh wow, good." Bono paused. "Wait, my entire hard drive?"

"That's right. Every e-mail, IM log, and journal entry."

"You mean..." Bono asked, feeling his cheeks grow hot in embarrassment.

"Yup, we know all about that dream you had about Ewan McGregor."

In the backseat, Zootles made a choked sound of shock. In the front seat, Adam was chuckling. Bono was holding his head in his hands. "Look, I can explain..."

--------------------------

The End ;)

I hope you've all enjoyed this fic. It was tons of fun to write :) Be sure to comment and let me know what you're favourite bits were.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Bono had gotten to his feet and rushed toward Adam. They embraced briefly, which caused Alisaura to utter a wibbling sound.
:lmao:

Not that I'm biased or anything... :whistle:

That was great stuff, Chass! :applaud:
I really like your style; the pacing is good, the dialogue is believable, and it's just funny. :lol:

Any other ideas up your sleeve? :D

Re: Re: Catching the Bonosapian (a PLEBAn tale) - Chapter 11 (FINAL CHAPTER!)

Alisaura said:
Any other ideas up your sleeve? :D
This may really please you... I actually just finished a long, romantic Adam fic the other day. I've gotta do a reread and revision, but it shouldn't be too long before I start posting chapters :)

:love: Zootles is the ultimate James Bond dork! Our hero!

wait... he stole OUR Bono :|

:madwife: we'll get ya zootles!

:love: great fic! but when will we see the test results? :hyper:

Was so excited to see this, even tho I didn't want it to end.

DOL13-I don't know how you do it-but you are fantastic!
That was adorable. I loved the ending, very creative all around.
Thank you for ALL your descriptive and enjoyable stories:yes: :yippie: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom