Catching the Bonosapian (a PLEBAn tale) - Chapter 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
I would've posted this a little bit sooner, but I kind of had a date :shifty:

So, we have a new character added in this chapter, and hopefully I'll be able to convince him to venture into this part of the forum and read it :wink:

---------------------------------------------------

Adam rushed out to his car and stood next to the driver door for half a minute trying to find the right key to unlock it before he remembered that he had a tiny remote control to do that. He quickly hit the unlock button, opened the door, and slid behind the wheel. If something had really happened to Bono, it was up to him to do something about it. Everyone else was still in Dublin, and it was too soon to call the Police. He wouldn't call them, wouldn't even call Paul or Ali, until he knew more about what was going on. The first step was to return to the building he'd dropped Bono off at and see what he could find out. If he could find the building again.

Adam was in luck though, Bono had left the slip of paper containing the building's address lying in the passenger seat. Adam buckled his seatbelt and took off in the direction of the warehouse district.

------------

The girls (and Wayne) spent about a half hour listening to the new U2 tracks on Bono's computer, while Bono played idly with his beachball in the adjoining room, oblivious to the fact that his new work was being leaked less than 15 feet from him. Finally Gluey announced that they shouldn't waste any more time, and sent Alisaura into Bono's room for the psychological examination.

"Hi Bono." Alisaura said, entering the room carrying the folder. As he had the first time she'd entered the room, Bono dropped the beachball. "We're almost done with you, I promise. I just need to do a psychological exam."

"What? Why? There's nothing wrong with my mind!"

"Oh, I know, we just want to see how you respond to certain stimuli."

"Stimuli?" Bono asked.
Alisaura smiled and held up the folder. "Just photos. Sit down, I need to get the monitors attached."

Alisaura lay the folder on the counter and wheeled over the EKG machine JC had used earlier, as well as a similar machine. As Alisaura reached into his shirt to stick the EKG electrodes to his chest, she grinned to herself, sure that several of the PLEBAns on the other side of the window were simply dying with jealousy.
"Those will measure your heartrate of course. And these will measure your brain activity." She said, unravelling the electrodes for the other machine and sticking them to his scalp. "It's an EEG machine."

"Okay, now what?" Bono asked, as Alisaura was stepping back away from him.

She turned back to face him, now holding the folder she'd come in with. "Now just relax. I'm going to show you a series of photos. You don't have to say anything when you see them, the machines will tell me everything I need to know."

Alisaura opened the folder. Inside were a number of large photos. There were photos of beachballs and shiny objects, photos of Edge, photos of Bono kissing Edge, photos of Bono kissing Adam, and even a photo of Bono kissing Liam Gallagher, among others. She couldn't wait to see how he reacted to that last one.

------------

Zootles drove restlessly through the warehouse district of London. The building had to be around here somewhere. They'd blindfolded him when they kidnapped him, so that he wouldn't know where they were taking him, but the blindfold had slipped once, just enough for him to get a glance at the street and recognize the neighbourhood.

It had been over a month since the PLEBAns had taken him in the night and locked him in that tiny room. They hadn't really done anything terrible to him, in fact there were moments of it he'd quite enjoyed....

Zootles shook his head hard. Best not to think about that now, not while he was driving and trying to find the building. He just wished he'd known why they'd kidnapped him. They were friends, if they'd wanted to be with him, they could've all just gone out to dinner. From bits of conversation he'd overheard while he was with them, Zootles determined that his kidnapping had been a practice run for something else. That frightened him. Who else were they planning on kidnapping? Actually, Zootles had an idea, but no, that was crazy. They wouldn't actually try to kidnap Bono would they?

Suddenly Zootles slammed on his brakes. There it was, the building, looming right up in front of him. He quickly parked the car and got out. The building looked deserted, but Zootles saw both the BRI van and BRI bus parked outside, and knew better. He looked around, hoping for a sign of life from behind one of the heavy grey curtains covering the windows, but found none. He was just about to walk up to the door when he heard a car approaching. Zootles turned around and looked. A rather nice car was barrelling up the road. The driver parked messily behind Zootles' car and got out.

Zootles' jaw dropped when he saw the silver-haired man. It was none other than Adam Clayton. Zootles was still staring in surprise when Adam began to speak to him.

"Excuse me, do you know anything about the people in that building?"

"Adam?" Zootles asked, awed.

"Yes?" Adam asked, not a bit surprised at being recognized.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for Bono!" Adam said, exasperation creeping into his voice.

"Oh no." Zootles said with dread. "You don't mean to tell me that they actually..." He trailed off and turned to look at the ominous building. "They got him."

"Who?! Who has him?"

"BRI!"

"What's BRI?"

"Bonosapian Research Inc.!"
"What?!" Adam asked incredulously. It had gone completely over his head.

"They want to study him! I was afraid something like this would happen, but I didn't think they'd actually go through with it!"

"That's it." Adam said, pulling out his mobile phone. "We have to call the police."

"No!" Zootles shouted, putting a hand over Adam's phone before he could dial. "Listen, as crazy as those ladies can be sometimes, they're still my friends, and I know they don't mean him any harm. I'm sure we can resolve this without getting anyone in trouble. We just need a plan. The first part of which involves getting into that building."

"This is madness." Adam said quietly, stuffing his phone back into his pocket.

"Madness? This is PLEBA."

------------

Meanwhile upstairs, the PLEBAns were enjoying observing Bono's colourful spectrum of emotions toward the photos Alisaura held up. This however was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell downstairs. All eyes turned toward the open doorway in surprise and slight fear.

"Who could that be? No one knows we're here!" Mia said.

A few pairs of eyes around the room turned then to give a weary glance at the pilfered laptop perched upon Wayne's lap. Babydoll put her arm around Wayne protectively. Gluey though, remained calm.

"Brittany. Go downstairs and see who it is. If it's..." Gluey paused, thinking about what terminology to use before continuing. "If it's someone with authority, don't open the door. Come back up and get me."

Brittany nodded, took the iron key, and headed toward the stairs.

--------------------------

Only one more chapter left! Anything could happen! :ohmy:

(Also, forgive me for the 300 joke, I couldn't stop myself.)

Galeongirl said:
:drool: Zootles... nice addition DOL!
Well you remember, I had that dream once where we kidnapped Zootles, only I couldn't remember what we did to him :shifty: I decided I'd better work a Zoots-kidnapping into the fic :wink:

waynetravis said:
Cant wait for the 2hr season finale :yippie:
The last chapter is going to be extra long ;)

:shifty: you can't remember what we did to him, but I"m sure he can!

:evil: and if he gets nightmares, we'll just kidnap him again and keep him company at night eh?

Back
Top Bottom