capture this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
a09be397.jpg

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Is that supposed to be "Caption This"?
smile.gif
I could try to capture them though...hehe.

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 12-20-2001).]

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
Is that supposed to be "Caption This"?
smile.gif

oh my, yeah, sorry about that.

a bit embarrasing....

post-exams-syndrom, you know...

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I cant think of anything funny to caption the pic with, but Bono must have a comfy lap to sit on! (we should ask Jess if that is true, lucky girl!)
That looks like fun!

------------------
"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude" -ADAM

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

U2 Photo Album

Originally posted by mad1:

AM hows u keeping anyhow?????

smile.gif

hey Maddie, I?m well, what about yourself. Just finished me exams.
smile.gif

hey check out my "Larry in the studio" piccie
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by AM:
a09be397.jpg

Larry: Yes and I'd like to take the opportunity now that we're all gathered together to let you know that we're changing the name of the band back to The Larry Mullen Jr Band.

Hey AM
biggrin.gif
*waves like mad* How are ya girlie?? *hugs*

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

All I know is Larry looks like he's auctioning Bono off.

biggrin.gif

SD

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:
*throws a truck full of money at Larry*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Originally posted by AM:
a09be397.jpg

Larry: Yes, everybody...I have an announcement...I am in love with this man, right here...and I don't care what the feck you think, Adam & Edge!!!!!

Bono: Awwww...I feel all giddy!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

You sat on Bono? WWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
You sat on Bono? WWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

*pictures Mona's jealousy when she reads Mrs Edges story.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
It is - and it was! LOL!
biggrin.gif

I'm sure that you have told this story many times before, but please tell it again for us "Newbies".

*Faints at the idea of sitting on Bono's lap*

------------------
When you stop taking chances,
You stay where you sit,
You won't live any longer,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

OMG! Mona! You didn't know about my coffee date with the Fly????!!!!!! I almost never mention it because I thought everyone knew and I don't want people to get annoyed with me!

Holy cow. OK, well I don't have to be asked twice to tell THIS story.
wink.gif
Here is a tale to tide you over until the next Pleba story which will either be posted tonight or tomorrow night, but definitely before the weekend.....(and it's a Bono story too!)
biggrin.gif

......Flashback to 1992..............

It was the day after the indoor Zoo TV show. I had phoned in ?sick? from work, because a friend and I had booked a room in U2?s hotel, and we wanted to see if we could catch a glimpse of them. Steve was at home with a cold, and very annoyed that I would leave him to go chasing after a band (this was before I had completely converted him!) but there was just no way I was staying at home if there was one iota of a chance of meeting U2. Steve would just have to stay home with his box of kleenex and survive!

At 9:30 my friend and I sat in the lobby of the hotel nervously drinking coffee and talking very loudly at times. (We were very nervous!) We noticed another girl about our age sitting across from us who looked like a typical U2 fan. After about 20 minutes
of our incessant chatter she said "Are you waiting for U2 ?" She was too. She was a clone of me! She had loved the Beatles all her life and fallen for the Edge. Very odd.

Anyway, we waited with her, and 2 more people (a total of 5 of us), drinking coffee steadily from 9:30 until 1:30. That?s a lot of coffee I gotta tell ya. Not only that, but we were afraid to go to the washroom in case everything happened while we were away. I will never be able to describe how nervous I was at around noon after all that waiting and knowing that at any time they could come out! I felt so sick, I felt like their was a cauldron of boiling oil in my stomach. I never wish to feel that sick again.

One of these fans was telling us about a girl had her back signed, but didn't know a thing about them. She had asked all kinds of pathetic questions like "What's Larry's last name? I want to kiss him!" and "Where are U2 from?" She had even gone so far as to knock on U2's hotel door and when Bono came out she said "Oh, Bono will you please come down!" he said "I'm on the phone right now but I'll be down soon." Imagine! She could have potentially blown it for everyone else by bothering them like that! This girl was really sleazy and refused to leave, so this fan (who had actually gone up the elevator with Bono the night before) had security kick her out.

Anyway, I digress. A little while later I had finally calmed down a bit. I'm quite amazed that there were no other U2 fans or press or anything like that. At the table next to us were the roadies, the tour manager and (so I was told) Edge's bodyguard. We tried to keep our U2 talk to a minimum. We didn't want to spoil our chances. Chances for what, we weren't sure. We toyed with the idea that we'd sing something like '40' when they came down but soon abandoned that plan.

I was sitting around absent mindedly staring into the lobby at about 1:30 (4 hours later!) when suddenly like a ghost, out of the elevator and across the lobby walked Bono! The eyeballs nearly popped out of my head. He had on black leather pants, a black t-shirt with a necklace, a black cotton jacket with the sleeves slightly rolled up and those typical sunglasses although they weren't quite Fly glasses, they were narrower, and dark, but we could see through them. He then walked over to the table next to us and got some coffee and began to read the review in the paper! I figured this would be the last I'd ever see of him so I decided to stare my eyes out at him to remember this forever. At first I was standing and Edge's bodyguard motioned for me to hurry up and sit down. This made me very nervous. Then of all things the tour manager, Dennis Sheehan walked right over to me and said "You know, you really shouldn't stare like that, it's very rude. The band will not mingle if you stare!" His tone softened somewhat when he saw how much he was scaring the living daylights out of me. The last thing I ever wanted to do was get us all in trouble with the U2 entourage!

What do they expect though? Who wouldn't stare if Bono actually was a few feet away? If you have loved U2 for years and there he was? Well, I never expected any mingling in the first place! I thought I'd be lucky just to see them leave! I thought I was lucky just to be in the same room as him! Anyway, I turned a deep shade of crimson and sat back down. I was on a small couch with my friend and the chair next to me was empty. Guess what happened next. Bono stood up and walked right over to us!!!! He said "Hi." like it was the most casual thing in the whole world! We said hi back and asked him if he was tired. He said he was extremely tired and he felt after a tour as if his whole body was broken.

Then he walked right over to the chair beside me and plopped down. He was so close I could see all the detailing on his earring and pinky ring! I must say he smells fabulous. Just a hint of very nice cologne. His hair was glossy and black. His voice was husky and he had that extremely thick Irish accent. He sounded just like he does on TV. He stayed with us for half an hour and had another coffee with us! He takes cream, no sugar, in case you're interested. The funny thing is, he didn?t have a spoon, so he poured in the cream and kind of swished it around. I thought of offering him my spoon, but I had licked it already!

We talked about all sorts of things. There were so many things I wanted to say to him but I was speechless with amazement. There was one point where we were quoting him and I was the only one who could remember the quote. There I sat giving him this quote of his as he turned around and looked at me! I remember this out of body type experience, watching Bono watching me talking him. It was SO surreal. When he looks at you he really looks at you and listens and it seems like no one else exists but you and him. His eyes are incredibly blue. He didn't take the glasses off but when he threw his head back laughing you could really see it.

Some of the topics we discussed included: Rattle and Hum and Phil Joanou, politics and the photography of Anton Corbijn. They were talking about how Anton photographs the music.

We also talked about music today (well, circa 92 of course) and U2 fans. Bono gave us a lecture on ?not being elitist with Rock'n Roll?, his father, BB King and his old high school friends. He would say stuff like "B.B. King is the same age as me Da but he's a lot cooler!" and "That boy on the cover of War and Boy was in this movie the Commitments. Have you seen it? Well he's got a lot deeper a voice and a longer face!" He'd laugh away and was completely charming.

Anyway,...I had brought this book called 'Another Time, Another Place' about U2 when they were only in their teens. It has some hilarious pictures. I thought this would be the best book to bring to get an autograph. Was I right! Bono went through the book and made all this commentary about all the pictures! He was also imitating the voice of the author of the book and laughing away. It was great! In one picture he is fooling around with the Edge and he has his leg up and this flirty expression on his face. He writes "What a tart! Bono." Then on the front he wrote "Bono '92 Jessica" and a heart.

Like an idiot I didn't bring my camera but my friend had hers. When we asked if we could have a picture with him he said sure and patted his lap. I actually sat in Bono's lap. I even had to kind of climb over him, so I could sit at the right angle!! I put my head on his and felt his silky hair on my cheek. Very forward of me to put my head on his but how many opportunities like this does one get?! He had one arm around me and the other hand was wrapped around my wrist. He had a small smile on his face. I was very red. The photo came out quite darkly but you can see it. Why did the flash have to fail then!! I just couldn't believe I was sitting or lounging all over the man who sings 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' And 'With or Without You' and 'I Will Follow' and all these songs that have meant so much to all the millions of U2 fans like us. It was the most exciting, overwhelming thing that's ever happened to me.

After that my friend had to check out and we didn't want to overstay our welcome. It was terrible having to thank Bono and leave while he was still sitting in the lounge! I'll tell you, I was worried I'd be disillusioned or something meeting Bono but quite the contrary. He was so sweet and charming and caring! When we told him how hard it was to get tickets (this was when they sold a max of 2 tix, so the scalper prices went through the roof!) so he called the tour manager over to listen to our problems and try to find a solution! He said "We wanted a better solution to keep our fans out of the lineups in the cold!" (looks like we?re back in line in the cold! But at least we?re so much closer...)

Anyway, that day will live on in my life as one of the top 3 most exciting things ever to hapen to me.What an undisillusioning day! It was like winning the lottery.... Anyway, there?s my story.

nr55911.jpg

nB18118.jpg

nJ91107.jpg

Originally posted by AM:
a09be397.jpg

Well, all I can think of is...

Me-tackles Bono and locks him in a closet and has Larry sit on MY LAP and put his arm around me.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I know-that's not a caption. *sorry*

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

nr55911.jpg

OMG!!! Just reading your story, and seeing your picture made my heart beat sooooo quickly. That is such an awesome story, and you are one lucky lady. What a cool guy to sit there for half an hour with a group of fans and talk to them about REAL stuff. BTW, what city did this happen in????

------------------
When you stop taking chances,
You stay where you sit,
You won't live any longer,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

OMG!!! Just reading your story, and seeing your picture made my heart beat sooooo quickly. That is such an awesome story, and you are one lucky lady. What a cool guy to sit there for half an hour with a group of fans and talk to them about REAL stuff. BTW, what city did this happen in????

Thank you, and I agree, Bono is just the classiest, sweetest most amazing guy. Just like that time when he made Edge read my sign on this tour. I just LOVE HIM!!!!!

Anyway, this happened in Toronto, my very own home town!
smile.gif

HEY! I just noticed, in my picture he's wearing the exact same glasses as in AM's picture! AM, sorry to barge in on your thread like that by the way!

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 12-20-2001).]

*pummels Mrs. Edge*

I MEAN.....em.....

jk MrsEdge, that pic is SO flippin' CUTE
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

How did you EVER pry yourself off him?

------------------

97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"Aren't you afraid someone will eat your foot???" ~ScottPhisto~

It is - and it was! LOL!
biggrin.gif

i knew that would bring you around!
biggrin.gif
lucky, lucky, lucky woman!
smile.gif

------------------
"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude" -ADAM

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

U2 Photo Album

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 12-20-2001).]

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:

biggrin.gif

SD

And who's buying him? The man with the big, bald spot on his head?? *evil grin*

Muuuuuuuhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

If I Didn't Have My Spoons, I'd Go Insane!

OMG! Mona! You didn't know about my coffee date with the Fly????!!!!!! I almost never mention it because I thought everyone knew and I don't want people to get annoyed with me!

what a beautiful story, mrs. edge! you really had a very special experience- congratulations.
smile.gif
and i also want to commend you for being "classy" and not talking about your bono experience every time you post- which is what *some* other people do! i find that SO annoying!

again, beautiful story. thank you for sharing it with us.
smile.gif

Mrs. Edge--

I hope you kept yer hands to yerself while on Bono's lap....

biggrin.gif

------------------

97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

As a matter of fact MissVelvetDress, it IS blown up and WAS hanging over my bed for a long time, but now it's in the study! LOL!

spinninghead77, you're from Brampton! Wow! Are you on the U2GTA mailing list? It was at the 4 Seasons. That was definitely a once in a lifetime fluke phenominon, and I do feel extremely lucky and blessed. I don't blame you for being jealous, (I get jealous of people's U2 encounters all the time!) but if it makes you feel any better, I am a truly fanatical fan and I really and truly appreciate what happened. By the way, why spinninghead77 as opposed to another #?

Ally, thank you for your kind words!
smile.gif
And I totally agree with you about annoying showoffery!!!

WildHonee, I said to Bono "You're one HOT TAMALE Mister, and your intra pantal control needs work!" LOL!
biggrin.gif
Just kidding. To tell you the truth, I was in a total stupor (as you can see by the pic), and way too busy trying to remain calm to think about my hands and what they were doing!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 12-21-2001).]

As a matter of fact MissVelvetDress, it IS blown up and WAS hanging over my bed for a long time, but now it's in the study! LOL!

This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 12-21-2001).]

that is great.
biggrin.gif
what a nice way to go to bed and to wake up by looking at you sitting on Bono's lap and knowing that it actually happend.
biggrin.gif

I would have sweated all over Bono.....then I would have gotten STUCK to his leather pants.

This is not intended for Larry's Complaint Box....just an observation
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.