Caption thread #7: Caption-ating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristin Machina said:
onxuf.jpg

Next week on "Law and Order: Rockstar Unit"

LM-fucking-AO!!

Miringeltje said:
Hello, hello!!

:wave:

Hope everyone still knows who I am.

I've mostly been lurking and haven't been posting so much in this thread the last few weeks.

Desperately wanna get back to posting caps.
But horribly out of it.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that u2captions has been updated.

Latest additions can be found here:

http://www.u2captions.com/bandarchive1.html

http://www.u2captions.com/bandarchive2.html

:wave:

And thank you for the update!

All of the caps have been very good here lately, too!

Miringeltje, thanks a lot for the update! And you don't have to worry, I am waiting patiently for the ...no, not the Lord, but the Lady of Caption Land, to incline and hear my cry:
I WANNA SEE YOUR CAPTIONS AGAIN!!!! :wink:

I know this is off topic, but does anyone else, when seeing Miringeltje's name, automatically say Meringtingle in their minds? Or it just me? :reject:

Heh heh. Them captions on U2 Captions made me laugh. I especially love that "Adam thought the world of his new afro..." They first time I saw that, quite some time ago, I couldn't stop laughing for ages. And then I saw it again and laughed so much again!

yay updates! :D thank youu I love the captions... my fave is still the one about the 'rome beachball incident' ... who made that one??(heh I saved it on my pc :D)

:lmao: oh god, the hokey pokey one was very very good :lmao: :lmao: ok maybe it wasn't that funny... but I'm still laughing :lmao:

Last edited:
I love this thread!

I did a picspam in my LJ a while back where I captioned some old U2 pics - I'll share a few here. I hope it works alright! I always miss something when I do vB code.

u2kitchen.jpg

"Oh, we've got the recipe - FOR ROCK!!!"

u2phone.jpg

"The call is coming from inside the house."

u2sadbono.jpg

:bono: "Come on guys! *sniff* My hair isn't that bad, is it?"

Dachelle said:
I love this thread!

I did a picspam in my LJ a while back where I captioned some old U2 pics - I'll share a few here. I hope it works alright! I always miss something when I do vB code.

u2kitchen.jpg

"Oh, we've got the recipe - FOR ROCK!!!"

u2phone.jpg

"The call is coming from inside the house."

u2sadbono.jpg

:bono: "Come on guys! *sniff* My hair isn't that bad, is it?"

These are brilliant!! Especially the second one-- I don't know that everyone will remember that horror movie, which scared the s*** out of me while I was a teenage babysitter!! :huh:

:laugh:

SimplyConfused said:
I know this is off topic, but does anyone else, when seeing Miringeltje's name, automatically say Meringtingle in their minds? Or it just me? :reject:
I say, "Mer-ring-gel-ette." I know it looks nothing like that, but I continue to say pronounce it that way. :reject:

Dachelle said:
:edge: *slides over close to Bono* Can I have some of your bread?

:bono: Nuh-ah. :shifty:

:adam: 25 years from now every guy will be wearing pink. I'm really the trend setter in this group - The leader you might say. The others, well... They just do my bidding, follow my orders. They live to please me.

:larry: Oh you did NOT just merge two caption ideas into one big non-sensical caption! I have no respect for you anymore. :angry:

bonobodygaurd2pb.jpg

:bono: Yeah, this is my bodyguard, he goes everywhere I go.
:larry: Uh, I'm in your band.......
:bono: OH, that's right! How come I never see you?
:larry: Mebbe cuz your big arse is always blocking me......:wink:

*sofia* said:

:lmao: The faces say it all! :laugh: great job! ....and what's the movie that line is from? I can hear it in my head and I know it but I can't remember what movie it's from.. :shifty:

argh I can;t remember the title either... it was about a girl who went babysiting in a big deserted house and got stalked by a freak etc etc... very good movie:D

argh I can;t remember the title either... it was about a girl who went babysiting in a big deserted house and got stalked by a freak etc etc... very good movie

See, now I can't remember either! I want to say it's called The Babysitter, but that would be too simple, wouldn't it?

Anyways, thanks for the compliments! I was a bit nervous about posting my captions after seeing all the great ones in here!

I think it is House of Wax

MAy I just say this is one of the best threads I have ever read. I have just spit my Diet Coke out of my mouth onto my keyboard about five times!!

Thanks for the smiles!:wink: :wink: :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
The movie you're thinking of is When A Stranger Calls. It's originally from 1979 (Isn't that photo from about the same time? :wink: ) and has been remade this year.
yeah thank you! I was totally frekaing out because I couldn't remember the title.. :D my german teacher told us about the movie, and we saw it in german class(while it was the english movie, but still... :rolleyes: ) and that picture, could be about the same time indeed.. :)

The one that got away, part 6

Our man Bono couldn't quite get the hang of trout tickleling, so his mates decided to come and give him a helping (?!?) hand...

U2blendercap.jpg

:bono: Wow! I nearly got that one!! Quick Edge it swam over in your direction!!!:lol:

:edge: Where, where! I can't see it. Oh wait, I think I've spotted it!!:hyper:

:adam: Hey guys, I've just seen a real big one jumping about over there!:ohmy:

:larry: Oh, c'mon fellas! You're doing it all wrong!! You're suppose to stand quitely and wait for the fish to come to you...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Love the fishing captions!

When a Stranger Calls! Thanks so much, DreamOutLoud13! I do think the pic was about the same time. Maybe that's what they were going for. Heh.

Trying another one - this popped up on the U2 pic community on LJ today and cried out for captioning. Feel free to come up with something better than me, though!

u2pop.jpg

:adam: I'm so glad I decided to get a pedicure before the press conference.

:edge: Maybe if I stare them down long enough, they'll all leave, and I can get back to building my time machine.

:bono: No, there's no chance of the mechanical lemon malfunctioning during the tour. I'm absolutely sure of that. Why would you ask such a question?

:larry: Is that pink nail polish Adam's got on?

bandbonoantonkiss2fd.jpg

:bono: awww anton, you're sooo sweet today, now kiss meh!
:anton: err Bono... they're watching you know?
:edge: how fast would the lady run if I'd take her umbrella?
:larry: + :adam: Just smile, pretend you don't know 'em!

*slashy thoughts enter head* :drool: :drool: :drool:

OK, and I'm back in the room. That was good. I love the expressions on their faces. Heh heh. I really love one of BONO'ppetit's ones. That one where they're in them mirrors and Edge starts pointing 'violently' because their shiny suits are blinding them. I laugh everytime I see it. In fact, I'm gonna go find it and quote it and bring it to this thread right now.

Last edited:
That's perfect, Galeongirl! And thanks for the compliment. I'll try to do some more next week - I'm about to take off for a weekend trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom