Caption thread #6: We kid, because we <3!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VertigoU2OSC211.jpg

:adam: uhh ... Edge?

:edge: What?

:adam: Look, you're practically a brother to me, and I really like you as a person ... but could you not sit halfway in my lap? Or squeeze me into the arm of this couch?

:edge: But these cushions are too soft — I can't help it!

:adam: <sigh> Edge, there are two other cushions right over there. I won't be insulted if you sat on one of them.

:edge: :grumpy: You know, I did take a shower today ... unlike a certain lead singer I could name.

Sad_Girl said:
Little known fact about The Edge:

When it comes to sitting on the couch, he has no sense of personal space

BabyfaceU2OSBW228.jpg

JTHTheEdgeOSC13.jpg

VertigoU2OSC211.jpg

That is AWSOME SG!!! Edge is a snuggler:cute: :giggle:

You girls are awesome!!!

JTHTheEdgeOSC13.jpg

The Edge, afraid to look, becomes concerned that the left hand his right can't feel may not be his own.

bonoshirt.jpg

Ali recollects the defining moment she was inspired to become a fashion designer

OR...

Ali wonders if her time spent as a fashion designer might be better spent as a personal valet

Last edited:
I think it's about time we cut B some slack in the "forgetting to shower" captions...

BabyfaceU2OSBW228.jpg

:bono: Edge! See, I fnally remembered to shower!
:edge: Good, but, are you sure there's nothing you forgot that usually don't have trouble remembering?
:bono: What would make you think that?
:edge: well for one thing, the lack of clothing... ya know what? Never mind. You remembered everything. Just watch out for PLEBANs more carefully than you normally would.
:bono: because I showered?
:edge: because you showered.

Sue DeNym said:
My first time posting a caption, hope it works. Big thanks to roelie for this picture!

684c7a63.jpg

:adam: Hey Larry, check out Bono and Edge over there.
:larry: Aw, don't they look so peaceful?
:adam: You thinking what I'm thinking?
:larry: I'll set up the catapult, you fill the water balloons!

:lol: :lmao: :laugh:
I pointy-penis-with-lop-sided-balls this one!!

Okay, I'm just about over that now.... but not quite. :wink:

(Don't take my toes Larry!)

To continue my previous Village People caption on page 8 (I'm sorry, don't know why I keep seeing Village People captions! :reject: )...

So, Bono didn't get to realise his dream about being the indian in a Village People tribute, but...

bono_onstage_l-vi.jpg

:bono:: It fun to stay at the YMCAAAA... - everybody do the "A" now!

ufbono-vi.jpg

:bono:: Hmm, this looks right, but... I don't understand why this H-chord can be so hard to play... I practice and practice and everytime I ask Edge if I got it right, he just tells me it's wrong...

Merc said:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Just got to think of that story with Bono driving with someone, singing the theme from "The Monkees", while the poor passenger thought he was going to die! :lol:
(What book is that strory from? "End Of The World" perhaps? Can't remember! :huh: )

bonojtcar-vi.jpg

:bono: (singing out loud): HEY, HEY! WE'RE THE MONKEES! AND PEOPLE SAY WE MONKY AROUND...

Passenger: Bono, could you please watch the road while driving? Bono?

:bono:: ...BUT WE'RE TO BUSY SINGING, TO PUT ANYBODY DOWN!

Passenger: Bono!!!

:bono:: What?! Oh, do you by any chance remember the rest of the lyrics?

Yes, Merc the story is from the End of the World book, but the author and Bono were walking down the street and the author that thought Bono was gonna get hit by a car singing the Monkees song.

Cassandra said:
Yes, Merc the story is from the End of the World book, but the author and Bono were walking down the street and the author that thought Bono was gonna get hit by a car singing the Monkees song.

Ups! :reject:

Okay this is the first time I've ever posted a photo, so fingers crossed that this works...anyway...As soon as I saw the below photo of Bono I thought "I have a pair ofsocks of the exact same colour!" and coz Bonos feet a kinda on the small side, so with that in mind....

u2ibono04.jpg

Bono:Thanks for the loan of the socks Celebrian! I'll get them back to you tomorrow.

Celebrian: (Out of shot...I wish!) "No worries, mate!" Thinks to self "must buy picture frame and plack...!":evil:

Yahoo! It worked!

Last edited:
kcline1 said:
I know this isn't the best photo (and yes, I snatched it from another thread) ... but it's so unlike Edge I just had to.

t_grey_018.jpg

:edge: All right, that is IT! I've had it with you! This night's suckin' the big one, and I was looking forward to catching some laughs during the break! Cassandra gave that caption book to me! And what do YOU do? You go and lose it!! And don't deny it! I know it was you! I saw you eyein' it!

:larry: ... wha ... ? Oh. Thought you were talking about the song. Sorry, mate.

:edge: Sorry!? That's all you have to say!? Why, you little — :rant:

:adam: <glaring> Bono, don't tell me you lost that wonderful caption book. 'Cause I was looking forward to it, too.

:bono: :shifty: Huh? Uhhhhhhhhh — I have no idea what you're talking about.

:lol:
But the thought of losing the caption book.. :sad:

Merc said:
ufbono-vi.jpg

:bono:: Hmm, this looks right, but... I don't understand why this H-chord can be so hard to play... I practice and practice and everytime I ask Edge if I got it right, he just tells me it's wrong...

BonoPlaidPants.jpg

Practicing and practicing the H-chord

kcline1 said:
I know this isn't the best photo (and yes, I snatched it from another thread) ... but it's so unlike Edge I just had to.

t_grey_018.jpg

:edge: All right, that is IT! I've had it with you! This night's suckin' the big one, and I was looking forward to catching some laughs during the break! Cassandra gave that caption book to me! And what do YOU do? You go and lose it!! And don't deny it! I know it was you! I saw you eyein' it!

:larry: ... wha ... ? Oh. Thought you were talking about the song. Sorry, mate.

:edge: Sorry!? That's all you have to say!? Why, you little — :rant:

:adam: <glaring> Bono, don't tell me you lost that wonderful caption book. 'Cause I was looking forward to it, too.

:bono: :shifty: Huh? Uhhhhhhhhh — I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hey K,
You included me in a cap! Well thank you; you're making me all legendary! And I wasn't expecting that until I at least meet the band and discuss the book!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom