Caption Thread #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
drink.jpg

:larry: wanna hear the secret behind my eternal youth, I only drink half as much alcohol as they do!

Miringeltje said:
drink.jpg

:larry: wanna hear the secret behind my eternal youth, I only drink half as much alcohol as they do!

they won't sell him more because he looks so young ;)

^ :giggle:

hairchicken.jpg

:edge: : Uhm Bono, you forgot to give it to him, didn't ya?

:bono: : Huh, what?! I don't know what you're talking about.

:edge: : Of course, you don't. It's always the same.
You obviously didn't give Larry that note about all of us having to wear black footwear today.

:bono: : Now why is it that everytime things go wrong, it gets blamed on me, because you all think I forgot to do it. I'm telling you Edge. It wasn't me this time. I handed the note to Ads.

:edge: : Yeah right, like I'm gonna believe that.

Last edited:
:adam: thinking: Uhm, should I say something? Probably best for me if I don't. But without realizing, Adam is making the sound again but now out loud: Uhm...

:edge: : What uhm?

:adam: Uhm....

:edge: : Well speak up Adam, if you know more about it.

:adam: : Allright, allright, 't is true. It ain't Bono's fault this time. I accidentaly set the note on fire, when I was standing outside smoking my cig. I'm sorry.

:larry: thinking: Like I even have black footwear!

Scan0011.jpg

:bono: ok guys,one more time....repeat after me...

:edge: but Bono, I'm hungry,can't we do it later :(

:bono: NO! we have to learn all the dance moves today!

:larry: ( thinking) This is not what I thought being in a band was like :mad:

:adam: zzzzz...zzzz

g1c.jpg

:bono: ...I have to put the stick like this...and...see where's the shaddow...so it should be about...:huh:

:larry: OK..which one of you two idiots encouraged him to do this!

:adam: well...I only wanted to know what time it is...:(

:edge: No Bono, you're doing it all wrong! I'll show you how you make a proper sun clock :coocoo:

redcordial.jpg

:bono: And did you ever notice how when the curtains are open, you can see outside, but when they're closed, you can't? That's extraordinary! And you know what else is extraordinary? Socks. It doesn't matter whether you put them on the left foot, or the right foot, they still fit! Amazing! :blahblah:

:larry: Paul? Yeah, its Larry. Bono's been into the red cordial again. Hmm, yeah, he's just started his 'extraordinary' speech.

:edge: If I jump out now, I'll probably break an arm, and maybe bruise a rib..... On the other hand, I could listen to Bono for 30 more minutes..... :uhoh:

a902e30c.jpg

The audience is wondering what Bono's up to when he's seen crawling around on the B-stage. General consensus is that he seems to be searching. Perhaps for something he lost.

One audience member yells: What ya'doing, Bono?

778d8651.jpg

:bono: : AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!Ain't it obvious? I'm looking...uhm...I'm searching...uhm...I'm looking...but I still haven't found...

75817fc5.jpg

:bono: the crumbs from your table!!

6e751efc.jpg

:bono: Ha! I bet y'all weren't expecting that to hear that. Are you all happy now, that I've finally remem...I mean sung a bit from that song.

Last edited:
Meghan said:
redcordial.jpg

:bono: And did you ever notice how when the curtains are open, you can see outside, but when they're closed, you can't? That's extraordinary! And you know what else is extraordinary? Socks. It doesn't matter whether you put them on the left foot, or the right foot, they still fit! Amazing! :blahblah:

:larry: Paul? Yeah, its Larry. Bono's been into the red cordial again. Hmm, yeah, he's just started his 'extraordinary' speech.

:edge: If I jump out now, I'll probably break an arm, and maybe bruise a rib..... On the other hand, I could listen to Bono for 30 more minutes..... :uhoh:

:lol: EXTRAORDINARY!

arhitetka said:
g1c.jpg

:bono: ...I have to put the stick like this...and...see where's the shaddow...so it should be about...:huh:

:larry: OK..which one of you two idiots encouraged him to do this!

:adam: well...I only wanted to know what time it is...:(

:edge: No Bono, you're doing it all wrong! I'll show you how you make a proper sun clock :coocoo:

:lmao:

Miringeltje said:
a902e30c.jpg

The audience is wondering what Bono's up to when he's seen crawling around on the B-stage. General consensus is that he seems to be searching. Perhaps for something he lost.

One audience member yells: What ya'doing, Bono?

778d8651.jpg

:bono: : AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!Ain't it obvious? I'm looking...uhm...I'm searching...uhm...I'm looking...but I still haven't found...

75817fc5.jpg

:bono: the crumbs from your table!!

6e751efc.jpg

:bono: Ha! I bet y'all weren't expecting that to hear that. Are you all happy now, that I've finally remem...I mean sung a bit from that song.

:lmao: that's classic. that and the sun clock and the extraordinary...I love this thread.

:bono: big grin on his face: "I'm in such an awfully good mood tonight. Do you wanna hear why? Earlier today an enormous beachball was found floating at sea right in front of m'house. It was so big the coast guard came out, 'cause they thought it was something else and they took it on shore with them. Where of course, I was already waiting to claim the beach ball as mine!
I'm telling you it even looks big in picture. Like this."
21452be5.jpg

Bono puts his hands out to indicate the size.
opblaasbal---204_tcm42-187988.jpg

:bono: :"It made it on the news and all. I'm not kidding! The greatest beach ball in my collection as of yet."

Last edited:
1.jpg

:larry: : Let it be clear once and for all, Bono.
I started this band.
I wore my shirt unbottoned before you did.
I got a necklace with a cross-pendant earlier than you.
You just can't stand that you didn't think of it all first!

:bono: : :shocked:
Wha....?
Did you all hear that?
I don't believe a word he's saying!
Do you?

:larry: Not one word?
Good.
Cause I was thinking more about two.
And no I'm sorry to disappoint y'all but it ain't what you're all thinking.
Fly lyrics.
That's all I have to say.

Last edited:
The first thing I thought of when I saw this picture was Molly Shannon on SNL. :lol:

12-17-98.jpg

:bono: Sometimes when I get nervous, I stick my fingers under
my arms and I smell 'em like that.

:larry: : Let it be clear once and for all, Bono.
I started this band.
I wore my shirt unbottoned before you did.
I got a necklace with a cross-pendant earlier than you.
You just can't stand that you didn't think of it all first!

:bono: :shocked:
Wha....?
Did you all hear that?
I don't believe a word he's saying!
Do you?

:larry: Not one word?
Good.
Cause I was thinking more about two.
And no I'm sorry to disappoint y'all but it ain't what you're all thinking.
Fly lyrics.
That's all I have to say.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Priceless!!! Absolutely priceless!!! Great job!!

2549_39601.jpg

:bono: All together now ... Now I lay me down to sleep ... Adam's bottle of superglue my suitcase to keep ...

:adam: <out of picture, strumming away>
Hehehehehe ... does he really think I'm that slow? :evil:

2549_39602.jpg

:bono: Adam, you promised me no tricks with that superglue ... how could you do this to me? <sniffle> I mean, come on -- our fans are waiting for me out there! <tears up> Can you see them!? Feel that heat of the flashbulbs? Can you feel the love, Adam? Can you just .... :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

:adam: <closes eyes, thinking> Mmm -- all this attention does feel great ... AND lots of PLEBANs think I'm hot!

Dammit -- Why the hell didn't I think of this superglue years ago?!?

movie.jpg

Ali: I thought I told you to ditch him. :angry:

Bono: I tried but he's just so clingy. Ever since he lost his beanie he's been acting like a lost little puppy.

Edge: *thinking* Popcorn just doesn't taste the same when you're wearing a cap. :(

Back
Top Bottom