Caption Thread #16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
824cd916.jpg

Bono wanted to play at the gym. Little did he know the game was strip poker.

Bono010.jpg

:bono: There's got to be an easier way to wash off superglue than jumping in a freezing cold lake.
:edge: (oop) Adam?
:adam: (oop) Don't look at me. He came up with that one on his own.

262650902_72c7410791.jpg

:bono: This book is funny! Look at this picture of Edge, how ridiculous, and the writing's gone all wonky.
:larry: You do realize the book's UPSIDE-DOWN, don't you?
:bono: Don't be silly. Must be a printing error.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:ohmy: This thread totally exploded in superglue and shiny jokes. You new ladies are fast.

This old lady can only manage one caption at the moment:
:giggle: Is that a good thing? I'm really new to this, actually.

Cat Evans said:

Good point... would someone like to enlighten us please!!??
The shineys...

I'm not sure how or when it came about, really. basically, it's playing on the fact that Bono is child-like and may be easily distracted by bits of shiny things like some *coughcoughempty-headedcoughcough* people are. Not that we're saying Bono is, it's just a running joke. Like H chord, Invisibles, and Superglue.

This particular concert seemed to be one where Bono fell for Adam's superglue pranks, repeated times.
capture11.jpg

capture79.jpg

capture99.jpg

:bono: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times...:blahblah:
:adam: :lmao: This never gets old.

Oh ok thanks! So ye the inviables, super glue and H chord they are just the same idea basically then, right?? They don't really have a meaning.

Cat Evans said:
Oh ok thanks! So ye the inviables, super glue and H chord they are just the same idea basically then, right?? They don't really have a meaning.
They're just running gags that can be played with most any picture. :shrug:
I'm guessing they were started by someone playing one of them and others picked up on variations.

Serena Vox said:
They're just running gags that can be played with most any picture. :shrug:
I'm guessing they were started by someone playing one of them and others picked up on variations.

Hmm ok cool, thanks guys now when i join the fun of the captions i understand them!:happy:

badamzoo.jpg

"Clayton's loyalty to the frontman has always burned fiercely"

:bono: You know what else burns fiercely? Superglue in your eyes!
:adam: I apologized for that one.

RegularBonoFan said:
dc807bf8.jpg

:adam: *strum* *nothing* What the...? *examines guitar, one of the knobs is missing* Who gave one of my bass knobs to Bono for his shiney?
bass knobs? :eyebrow: that's an electric guitar.... a fender stratocaster...

Rest-Of-U2-C.article.jpg

:edge:: And that's basically the story of the pineapple, the beach ball and the hot tub.
Interviewer: Cool. So, where's Bono?
:larry:: Erm...
:edge:: He was at the airport when we saw him last, wasn't he?
:adam:: Yeah. I think he was answering an interviewer's questions -
:edge:: Yeah, that was it. We haven't seen him since.

3 hours beforehand:

0529222000.jpg

Interviewer: Last question for you Bono: what's your favourite biscuit?
:bono:: ...hmmm...:scratch:

AdamCOSE6s32.jpg

:adam: Yes, I am the King of Superglue jokes, now will you kindly help me pry my hands apart, please?

adamlovesbonoio5.gif

:adam: I'm sorry Bono, do you forgive me for all the pranks? :kiss:
:bono: And that's how...:blahblah: Yeah, I forgive ya. Now, what was I saying? :eyebrow:

Serena Vox said:
adamlovesbonoio5.gif

:adam: I'm sorry Bono, do you forgive me for all the pranks? :kiss:
:bono: And that's how...:blahblah: Yeah, I forgive ya. Now, what was I saying? :eyebrow:
:lmao:

greenday395.jpg

Tre Cool: Look what I got. Bono's shiney.
:bono: :scream: GIVE IT BACK!
Tre: No.
capture54.jpg

:bono: Tre took my shiney. I'm gonna tell Edge on him...

bonoumbrellabite.jpg

:bono: *thinks he's alone* Mmm, umbrella... *notices camera*
bonoumbrella.jpg

:bono: *ptoo* You didn't see anything.

camo6.jpg

:edge: Smeared his forehead with superglue while he was sleeping and tripped him on the stairs. One of your clunkier plans, Adam.
:adam: I know. But it worked, didn't it?
:larry: I'll get the glue remover.
:bono: I hate chu, Adam Clayton.

Cat Evans said:

bono_212 said:

To answer the questions asked:

The H Chord joke started with one picture that had Edge trying to get rid of Bono for a few hours by writing down music to something (I can't remmeber what it was) and Bono spends the next....well pretty much all of eternity trying to figure out how to play an H Chord, which doesn't actually exist.

And just a guess on the shiny jokes, I think it's just trying to say that Bono is like a little kid and is easily distracted by any shiny thing he might see.

edge_billie5.jpg

Billy-Joe: Y'know, Bono told me that he once caught a fish this big! Is it true? :hyper:
:edge:: (twiddling pencil) Could be, could be...

edge_billie3.jpg

:edge:: But I caught a fish this big!
Billy-Joe: This big, you say?
:edge:: Yep. Shut him up for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom