Caption Thread #16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Studio_RoWiHe_03-03b1967.jpg

John: I've an idea.
Paul: What's that then?
John: It's a prank.
Paul: Alright.
John: I'm gonna put bit of this new stuff called superglue on these headphones. Then we jsut wait and see who's the idiot that gets stuck in them.
Paul: Brilliant.
Ringo: I like it!
*many moons later*
photo7za2.jpg

Tre: Lemme take these headphones off... hey, wait. I'm stuck!
:bono: ADAM!
:adam: It wasn't me I swear! :yikes:
:bono: Get him!
:adam: *runs, Bono, Edge, Billie, Mike and Larry chase.*
The Ghost of John Lennon: Mwahahahahaha

RegularBonoFan said:

John: I'm gonna put bit of this new stuff called superglue on these headphones. Then we jsut wait and see who's the idiot that gets stuck in them.
*many moons later*
photo7za2.jpg

:lol: That's a great twist on the old superglue joke :up:

RegularBonoFan said:
Someone said to me, "Make yourself a sandwich." Well, if I could make myself a sandwich, I wouldn't make myself a sandwich. I'd make myself a horny Irish millionaire.
1219226b.jpg

What?:ohmy:

What?!?:eyebrow:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :combust:

No more Green Day please.
Nothing against them, it's just that I come here to get away from the petty, socially excepted by every teenage wanna-be that ever donned a pair of beat up black hi-tops and super skinny jeans then dared to call them selves punk, music

Okay I take that back, I can't stand Green Day

RegularBonoFan said:

*many moons later*
photo7za2.jpg

Brilliant! Your others were quite different, but most of them were funny as well. Just remember, don't insult the band members, and you'll be grand.

u2_band.jpg

Larry: I can't believe we're sitting here, waiting for a bus.
Bono: I know. How long has it been? An hour?
Edge: It's been three minutes, Bono.
Larry: And don't you start, glasses boy.
Bono: Start what?
Larry: "Oh, don't worry about a lift today, I'll pick you up in the Maserati." And just how exactly are we supposed to get to the studio when said Maserati is in a tree?
Bono: Look, I'm telling you, that tree came out of nowhere. I'm still not convinced that beanie boy here hasn't invented some sort of walking tree that only appears to me and plants itself in the middle of the road when I'm driving.
Larry: Sure
Edge: (secretly :evil:) Didn't help that Adam decided to piss off the crew yesterday, though. Now we can't even get them to bring the Land Rovers.
Adam: They need to learn that I expect high hygiene standards when working! I mean, you do not wash a tea cup with a scrubbing brush. A flannel maybe, but God knows where that brush has been! Until then, the fresh air's not going to do us any harm.
Edge: *Looking at sky* Is that rain?
Larry: My hair! :mad:

Last edited:
RegularBonoFan said:
Books that never made it:
Eat, Run, Stay Fit, and Die Anyway.

You Give Me Six Weeks and I'll Give You Some Bad Disease

Reorganizing your pockets.

The official British Empire Registry of Blokes.

Diary of a real evil prick.

The Golden Age of Tongue-Kissing

You're not a fan of Ross Noble are you?

evillaurd said:
u2_band.jpg

Larry: I can't believe we're sitting here, waiting for a bus.
Bono: I know. How long has it been? An hour?
Edge: It's been three minutes, Bono.
Larry: And don't you start, glasses boy.
Bono: Start what?
Larry: "Oh, don't worry about a lift today, I'll pick you up in the Maserati." And just how exactly are we supposed to get to the studio when said Maserati is in a tree?
Bono: Look, I'm telling you, that tree came out of nowhere. I'm still not convinced that beanie boy here hasn't invented some sort of walking tree that only appears to me and plants itself in the middle of the road when I'm driving.
Larry: Sure
Edge: (secretly :evil:) Didn't help that Adam decided to piss off the crew yesterday, though. Now we can't even get them to bring the Land Rovers.
Adam: They need to learn that I expect high hygiene standards when working! I mean, you do not wash a tea cup with a scrubbing brush. A flannel maybe, but God knows where that brush has been! Until then, the fresh air's not going to do us any harm.
Edge: *Looking at sky* Is that rain?
Larry: My hair! :mad:

:lmao:

Brilliant!!

After a hard day at school (two hours of french :( ) this is what I needed!

OK, I'd like to apologize for some (most) of my caps from earlier in the week. I didn't mean to insult any of the band members. Most of these were between me and a friend and when she suggested I post them, a few that I didn't mean to get out did. Mistake. I'm really truly sorry.

Last edited:
RegularBonoFan said:
OK, I'd like to apologize for some (most) of my caps from earlier in the week. I didn't mean to insult any of the band members. Most of these were between me and a friend and when she suggested I post them, a few that I didn't mean to get out did. Mistake. I'm really truly sorry.

just try to check your posts before you post them and judge them.... would people who don't know you very well get the joke? if so, post away, if not, don't post it.... I don't think I am the only one who didn't think those captions were funny...

and the green day thing is seconded too... this is a U2 forum, not a green day one..

evillaurd, that was a good one... :lmao: poor Bono and his driving skills.... I am so curious to know if it's really THAT bad, since he does drive his kids to school some days!

bonoedgepridehappync5.jpg

:bono: I really should apologize to Edge for that "incident" earlier. I didn't mean to leave that door open
while I was changing. He even saw my Ninja Turtles underwear. How very akward. :uhoh:
:edge: Oh god.. tell me he's not coming over here, I can't look him in the eye, not
right now. Please please please..

RegularBonoFan said:

I'm not one who posts regularly (blame my job!) but I check the board every day. I didn't post before because I thought it was not good to criticize as I don't post often, but I do have to say that someone very near to me died in a car crash getting home from a U2 show, and that caption about this is very very sad and I was annoyed by that. Why would anyone be to blame for it? Accidents happen anywhere and in any situation. I think this is really bad taste, and if it was intended to be a joke, it is not a subject to be used as a joke.
I usually love this thread as it is very funny, but those captions were not for me. I'm glad u realized they weren't in the right place! Thank u!

susannag75 said:

I'm not one who posts regularly (blame my job!) but I check the board every day. I didn't post before because I thought it was not good to criticize as I don't post often, but I do have to say that someone very near to me died in a car crash getting home from a U2 show, and that caption about this is very very sad and I was annoyed by that. Why would anyone be to blame for it? Accidents happen anywhere and in any situation. I think this is really bad taste, and if it was intended to be a joke, it is not a subject to be used as a joke.
I usually love this thread as it is very funny, but those captions were not for me. I'm glad u realized they weren't in the right place! Thank u!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

She's Back!!!!!

kafrun said:

:bono: I really should apologize to Edge for that "incident" earlier. I didn't mean to leave that door open
while I was changing. He even saw my Ninja Turtles underwear. How very akward. :uhoh:
:edge: Oh god.. tell me he's not coming over here, I can't look him in the eye, not

:lmao:

kafrun said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: love it !

antoniophotofk9.jpg

ali: and then you should have seen what happened when he realized that his creepers were glued to the stage! oh i have to thank adam for that superglue he got for my birthday!

people: :lmao:

:bono: we are SO not cuddling tonight :madspit:

electrical097cy8.jpg

:larry: oh finally...can't believe they finally let me have some time to myself, now only if i could reach that soa...wait...why can't i move me hand...wait is this...ADAM!!!!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom