Caption thread #10: Running away with the circus!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL "juicebox"

kafrun said:

I guess it's different for everyone.

I think the key to caption-ing is not to force it. The funniest captions come from an immediate spark or idea you get when you look at a picture and being able to run with it. That and it has to make you laugh first. If it does, you know it will make other people laugh :)

Onward to captioning:
U2OSCEra52msc2.jpg

:larry: Oh quit complaining and drink your coconut milk :rolleyes:
:adam: But I wanted a juicebox :sigh: *pout* *sip*

*runs to get Adam a juicebox*
:wink:

kafrun said:
de5c9132.jpg

Bono soon realized his experimentation with marijuana to calm his nerves before a speech was a BAD idea..
:bono: Look! See? When I move my hand like this it makes shiny trails in the air... *waves hand around* :eek:

OR

Bono explained how he persuaded President Bush to promise more foreign aid to Africa..
:bono: And then I smacked him upside his head like that and said "AY!! You listen to Teh Bono when he tells you to do something!" *air-smacks* Yep. Just like that.

OR

whilst he was speeching, the shiny buttons on his sleeve caught his eye

:bono: :ohmy: oh, hello! :love:

Last edited:
kafrun said:

I guess it's different for everyone.

I think the key to caption-ing is not to force it. The funniest captions come from an immediate spark or idea you get when you look at a picture and being able to run with it. That and it has to make you laugh first. If it does, you know it will make other people laugh :)

Onward to captioning:
U2OSCEra52msc2.jpg

:larry: Oh quit complaining and drink your coconut milk :rolleyes:
:adam: But I wanted a juicebox :sigh: *pout* *sip*
:laugh:

Um, I didn't really think the H chord joke was all that funny when I first posted it, but now it's become the stuff of legend. So, my advice for newbie captioners: Go ahead and post it if you think of it. It's not like we're all going to throw lemons at you or anything!

lemons :drool:

Yes i've definently started lurking as well, not that I was ever a big captioner in the first place

waynetravis said:

OR

whilst he was speeching, the shiny buttons on his sleeve caught his eye

:bono: :ohmy: oh, hello! :love:

lol I thought of that tooo.... but it'd be more like
:bono: why hello there, how YOU doin'? :sexywink:

:grumpy: but Kafrun didn't like it.....

urghscary.jpg

:bono: I tell you guys to bring back ONE thing from the store, and look at what you bring back! Didn't you even read the list? :madwife:
:larry: But I gotta have my Pops!
:edge: But my time machine only runs on condensed soup!
:adam: And the bass was on sale with coupons.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
3473%3A49%3A5%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3233858%3B75%3A5%3Cnu0mrj

Bono was utterly perplexed...
:bono:: :confused: Wait a minute. Whenever I walk up to a gate, there should be hundreds of adoring fans lining up to see me and give me love. Where'd they all go? Hello? Rock star here...where is everybody? I say, rock star here!!!! :sigh:

awwwww :cute: don't worry B, I'm here!!! :wave:

Galeongirl said:

awwwww :cute: don't worry B, I'm here!!! :wave:

Me too! Don't cry Mr. Rock Star Man. :sad:

(He really does look perplexed! "Where did I leave the car?" Try right behind ya. hehe)

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
3473%3A49%3A5%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3233858%3B75%3A5%3Cnu0mrj

:bono:: :confused: Wait a minute. Whenever I walk up to a gate, there should be hundreds of adoring fans lining up to see me and give me love. Where'd they all go? Hello? Rock star here...where is everybody? I say, rock star here!!!! :sigh:

Runs up and gives our Bman a big bear hug! :hug: "We still love ya Sweetie!" :kiss:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

I love you B-man,you won`t miss me if I see you!!!:wink:

bonoaustralia.jpg

:bono: :scream: HELP! I've been kidnapped! These strange girls said they needed help with their beachball collection and...
PLEBAns: Oh Bono, we've got peaches for you.
:bono: Oh good, I'm starvin'
PLEBAns: They're not for eating :mac:
:bono: :ohmy: ....HELP! :scream:

Kristin Machina said:
bonoaustralia.jpg

:bono: :scream: HELP! I've been kidnapped! These strange girls said they needed help with their beachball collection and...
PLEBAns: Oh Bono, we've got peaches for you.
:bono: Oh good, I'm starvin'
PLEBAns: They're not for eating :mac
:bono: :ohmy: ....HELP! :scream

:evil: oh but they ARE for eating.. eventually.... I think...

I like the Hchord too... :lol: poor Macca!

Ok, I think this has been done before, but..

Kristin Machina said:
Macca: Edge, I'm sure you've heard that I'm single now..
:edge: Yes
Macca: Edge, I did it for you. We can finally be together and it's legal now. Marry me, Edge!
:edge: Wow.. Of course I'll marry you! :love: This is like a dream come true!
:larry: Oohhh, Bono's not gonna be happy :tsk:

Kristin Machina said:
:bono: ACK! PLEBAns have found our secret fortress! You can't get in, this place is inpenetrable :no:
PLEBAns *whipping out hacksaws, powerdrills and safety goggles* Alright ladies.. *unrolling the blueprint* You work here, you work over there, we'll work on this.. :nerd: Just like we planned, alright?
:bono: :yikes: ACK! No!! SHOO, PLEBAns!! :no: Larrrrrryyyyyyy?? Quick, do an extra-mean deathglare or something!
PLEBAns *bzzzzzzzzzzzz* *saw-saw-saw* *rattle* *pop*
:bono: ACK!! :yikes:

Some people mistakenly assume that the origin of Bono's beachball fetish was Slane. In fact, Bono spotted his first beachball in Rattle and Hum..
03cbc67d.jpg

:bono: Oh oh OH, please.. Can I see that thing you've got there? :hyper: PLLLLEEEASE?? :sad: Bono like.. Bono want :drool:

e4479aa9.jpg

:bono: Hmm.. maybe those PLEBAns aren't so scary after all. Maybe I can climb down and say hi.. *begins to climb down* *shoe falls off and drops to the crowd below*
PLEBAns: *RAVAGE* *rip, tear, shred*
:bono: :| Or maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom