Caption thread #10: Running away with the circus!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevation1MikeD-vi.jpg

:bono: ...shiny...within...reach... can almost...touch...:drool:

Bonohandgabaloon.jpg

Not content with simply shouting song titles or holding signs, someone comes up with a more inventive way to request songs. Sadly, all the "Mofo" balloons were sold out.

Kristin Machina said:
BonoTrunk.jpg

When Bono awoke, he found himself in an unfamiliar place, with no sign of the strangers called "PLEBAns" and smelling strangely of peaches.

:shifty:

did somebody mention peaches?

:whistle: dum de da de daaaaaa

u2.jpg
[/IMG]

:bono:-''life in plastic, its fantastic''
:larry:-speak for yerself, how am I supposed to look hot in plastic!
:adam:-we keep tellin you to take it easy on the moisturiser....
:edge:-larry before you start screamin at ads, do yu think you could loose me arm, its lodged in your symbol

info2.jpg

:larry:hey mr photo dude, is this my best side?,this better be my best side
:adam:you do know he'll ask you that for every pic right?
:edge:in return that you cant see my baggy eyes,I cant see a damn thing....so this is why b falls so much on stage....hes not drunk afterall....huh fancy!
:bono:mr babyface getin all the attention, ye ignore me the HOT ONE!

wildhoney88565 said:
u2.jpg
[/IMG]

:bono:-''life in plastic, its fantastic''
:larry:-speak for yerself, how am I supposed to look hot in plastic!
:adam:-we keep tellin you to take it easy on the moisturiser....
:edge:-larry before you start screamin at ads, do yu think you could loose me arm, its lodged in your cymbal

:lmao: that's brilliant! U2 goes Aqua!

kafrun said:
Getting into the swing of caption-ing just takes time.

I'm experiencing the opposite.
When I first started, I made some great captions.
Now I can't come up anything.
Yes, I seem to be having a writers block.

I took a step back and occupied myself otherwise.
Mostly with the Real Sing with me game.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out: www.interferers.com or this thread: http://forum.interference.com/t159476.html

Thinking that would help.
Not really.

I completely agree with the "takes time" part.
Coming up with captions takes time.
And I didn't have much of that lately.
Summer vacation is near though.
Which is when I first started posting here and writing captions last year.

I hope to get back in the swing of things!

And consider this a start:

2bcac4f9.jpg

The Fly was finally caught.

03cb8231.jpg

:bono: : :hmm: A Fly comeback. With wings!

Last edited:
2good.jpg

:edge: You lost the car keys again, didn't you?

34673B77527Ffp333A3Enu3D3253B3E83B3.jpg

:bono: : Why did I let Larry talk me in to buying these hideous shoes. He said they would look great together with his black and white spotted ones. Can you believe that he still has those!? I thought we'd never see them again after the JT tour ended 10 years ago.

Last edited:
u2.jpg

:adam:-am i the only one thats noticed that huge spider over ther
:edge:-well this isnt what i expected ''tinfoil'' wallpaper to look like
:bono:-edge this is the last time we let you choose the colours
:larry:-I like it, look it brings out the colour of my eyes

^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wildhoney88565 said:
u2.jpg

i didn't even have to read the rest of the caption after this..the look in his eyes says it all!

Changed yours a little bit.
Hope you don't mind.

wildhoney88565 said:
u2.jpg

:edge:-well this isnt what i expected ''tinfoil'' wallpaper to look like
:bono:- edge, I :heart: it! So shiny! :love:
:larry:-I like it too, look it brings out the colour of my eyes

funny4.jpg

:larry:ooooook being attacked by a mad irish man...whos gonna help....haha....guys?...guys!
:bono:mmm, BLOOD!
:edge:maybe vampire was a bad choice of movie
:adam:or bonos just warped...i prefer my theory :D

3473886%3B8%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D323384%3A%3B%3C5365nu0mrj

:larry: & :bono: <snickering>
:adam:: Yeah, very funny guys. Superglue my hand to the guitar that's going to charity. Way to get me back. Losers.
:edge:: You guys did what with the guitar that's going to benefit my charity??? :madwife:
:larry:: But, Edge...superglue...Adam...revenge...sweet! Don't you get it?
:edge:: :mad:
:bono:: Don't worry Edge, a PLEBAn will buy it for sure - it'll fetch plenty of money.

3473886%3B8%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D323384%3A%3B%3B9%3B63nu0mrj

:larry:: Ah yeah, ladies. First name Larry. Middle name Mullen. Last name Junior. Get your fill of vitamin LMJ right here.

:bono:: What the? Last name Junior? Vitamin LMJ? Get away from me you eedjit!

:larry:: Oh feck off. What kind of name is Bono anyway? :rolleyes:

:bono:: For the last time, Larry, it's Latin for...oh nevermind. Just shut up and be my eye candy for the evening.

:larry:: That's all I am to you, ain't it? Just eye candy? :sad:

:bono:: Yep. Deal with it, Mr. Vitamin LMJ.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
This one is almost too easy...

The giant shiny came out of the sky, hypnotizing an unsuspecting Bono just moments before his "ONE" speech during the concert...
3473886%3B8%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D323384%3A%3B%3B9%3B64nu0mrj

:larry:: <laughing> It worked! The giant shiny worked!!! No boring "ONE" speech tonight!!!!!! :evil:

:evil: you just gave me a very good idea....

*holds shiny in front of Bono*

c'mere Bono boy... yesh.... follow the shiny... right into my house... :evil:

Galeongirl said:

:evil: you just gave me a very good idea....

*holds shiny in front of Bono*

c'mere Bono boy... yesh.... follow the shiny... right into my house... :evil:

:tsk: Doesn't work. Ali's keys are the shiny to end all shiny, so all she has to do is whip them out and he comes right back, no matter where he is in the world. :wink:

Originally posted by kafrun
ee242dd2.jpg

Interviewer to Ali: How do you keep him coming back with all the temptation on the road.. :blahblah:
Ali: I keep a set of shiny car keys in my pocket. I just slip them out and dangle them when needed.. ;)
Heehee..heh.. Das a shiny light you got there, Mr. Camera Guy :happy:

Last edited:
:lol:

The other day I was in DC and there were some Marines in their snazzy uniforms, and they were very shiny and I kept saying "ooooo, shiny :happy:" and all I could do was think of this thread :lol:

U2democrat said:
:lol:

The other day I was in DC and there were some Marines in their snazzy uniforms, and they were very shiny and I kept saying "ooooo, shiny :happy:" and all I could do was think of this thread :lol:

:lol: it haunts you after a while,...

one of my teachers was wearing a very fancy shirt... and very shiny... and I kept sayin.. ohhh shiny shirt... :love:
And I cracked up,... but sadly nobody got it :whistle:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
3473886%3B8%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D323384%3A%3B%3B9%3B63nu0mrj

:larry:: Ah yeah, ladies. First name Larry. Middle name Mullen. Last name Junior. Get your fill of vitamin LMJ right here.

:bono:: What the? Last name Junior? Vitamin LMJ? Get away from me you eedjit!

:larry:: Oh feck off. What kind of name is Bono anyway? :rolleyes:

:bono:: For the last time, Larry, it's Latin for...oh nevermind. Just shut up and be my eye candy for the evening.

:larry:: That's all I am to you, ain't it? Just eye candy? :sad:

:bono:: Yep. Deal with it, Mr. Vitamin LMJ.

:lmao: Vitamin LMJ

bonorainbow5di.gif

Not comfortable with his latest hair color anymore, Bono decided to try the Denis Rodman route with a rainbow of colors in a number of days.

(Sorry....I was inspired with Galeongirl's and DreamOutLoud13's photoshopped pics in the Bono w/Grey Hair on Today Show/ U2 GIF's III :reject: )

Miringeltje said:
I'm experiencing the opposite.
When I first started, I made some great captions.
Now I can't come up anything.
Yes, I seem to be having a writers block.
I guess it's different for everyone.

I think the key to caption-ing is not to force it. The funniest captions come from an immediate spark or idea you get when you look at a picture and being able to run with it. That and it has to make you laugh first. If it does, you know it will make other people laugh :)

Onward to captioning:
U2OSCEra52msc2.jpg

:larry: Oh quit complaining and drink your coconut milk :rolleyes:
:adam: But I wanted a juicebox :sigh: *pout* *sip*

41f5dd93.jpg

Armed with a double-espresso and a nightlight, Bono prepared for a long night ahead.
:bono: :crazy: ACK.. Why did Larry have to tell me scary stories before bed? They don't REALLY sneak into your room at night and attack.......... do they? :uhoh:
*rocks back and forth* Can't sleep.. PLEBAns'll get me.... can't sleep... PLEBAns'll get me :yikes:

de5c9132.jpg

Bono soon realized his experimentation with marijuana to calm his nerves before a speech was a BAD idea..
:bono: Look! See? When I move my hand like this it makes shiny trails in the air... *waves hand around* :eek:

OR

Bono explained how he persuaded President Bush to promise more foreign aid to Africa..
:bono: And then I smacked him upside his head like that and said "AY!! You listen to Teh Bono when he tells you to do something!" *air-smacks* Yep. Just like that.

kafrun said:
de5c9132.jpg

Bono soon realized his experimentation with marijuana to calm his nerves before a speech was a BAD idea..
:bono: Look! See? When I move my hand like this it makes shiny trails in the air... *waves hand around* :eek:

:lmao: shiny trails... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom