Caption book, Edge got it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cassandra

The Fly
To the Mods: I know this probably needs to go to the fan meeting discussion section but since this is a specific act of getting the caption book to the band oppose to a random meeting act, I thought I put it in Pleba. Also I started a new thread because I want to let the Plebans know quickly that the deed had been done.

I'll skip all the boring bits of the 2 hours of travelling, walking/waiting in the rain (it rain all day), hungry pains and the anxiety you get when you go to the bathroom and wondering if you have missed the band. About 4 pm I made my way back to MSG (Madison Square Garden) entrance to where the band would come in. I had just missed Larry by 5 mins. Since there were less than dozen fans, I was able to stand next to the railing. About 15 mins later a black town car pulled in the driveway. Its back windows were darkened, so you couldn't see who was inside. But 5 mins later, the car backs up and the bodyguard gets out with an umbrella and then...out comes Edge! He shook a few hands. Someone asked him about posing and he said that he couldn't pose, they would have to snap away. As he got closer to me, I began to slightly panic because the book, wrapped in clear plastic, wouldn't come out of the damn book bag I had it in. I thought geez, I'm this damn close and Edge is going to passed me by. Luckily, someone else next to me was having her on moment of trying to find paper for Edge to autograph. By the time he was in front of me I had the book in my hands and I said, "I don't want anything from you, I just want to give you this. It's a gift." He said, "Awww, thank you", and stuck his hand out to shake it. I shook it. I think I said you're welcome and smiled but I can't remember. He went back down the line shaking hands and signing autographs. As he made his way back to the car, a chorus of "thank you" arose and I wave my hands. Edge looked my way and raise the book in the air. He got in the car and it pulled in the underground garage. Next came Bono in a black SUV, he waved but didn't stop. Adam came last in a black town car; he rolled down his window and waved but didn't stop. No one else came outside.
And that's it.

The concert was great and I had a great time by myself (watching people getting drunk and stoned is sad but amusing). Despite cold feet, hungry pains and a lost earring, it was just like the man said, "it was a beautiful day".

it's great that you were able to get it to them. I would have loved to see their expressions when they read it :D

Cassandra said:
By the time he was in front of me I had the book in my hands and I said, "I don't want anything from you, I just want to give you this. It's a gift." He said, "Awww, thank you", and stuck his hand out to shake it. I shook it.
I think I said you're welcome and smiled but I can't remember.

Edge looked my way and raise the book in the air.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Oh, this is good! Really good!!! :lol:

Great job Cassandra! :hug:

Yes!!!!! You did it Cass! :applaud:

I'm so glad cos you put a lot of work into it. I was wondering what happened to the book and when I saw the thread tittle I went like this :hyper:

Cassandra said:
By the time he was in front of me I had the book in my hands and I said, "I don't want anything from you, I just want to give you this. It's a gift."

:up:

:applaud:

Cassandra said:
Edge looked my way and raise the book in the air.

:hyper:

:combust:

Woohoo!!

Thanks again for putting the book together, Cassandra!
Great job and how extremely :cool: that you were able to give the book to the Edge!!

anjarw said:
is it weird that i'm insanely happy about this?

No, I am too!

:hyper:

What a great beginning of the day and week!!

This is very, very exciting!!

If I'm already feeling like this, I can only imagine how Cassandra must feel !!!

kellyahern said:
I would love to see all the winning captions that made it in the book :).

:yes:

That would be awesome!

I can post which one of mine got in.
Cassandra emailed me about it.

Perhaps others can do the same.

Maybe we can post them in a new thread.

Can't stay for long today (boss got me working my butt off today because I was out on Friday), but I would like to thank everyone for the encourgement and postive thoughts. I'm sorry I couldn't send a photo of the book, but just image a aqua blue and white raw silk fabric cover and the "pages" in colors of blues, greens, purples, reds, and orange cotton fabric-all hand-dye by me. There is a title page, intro page and beach ball intro page. Roughly 137 captions on 120 pages submitted by 60 talented Plebans. You know I felt empty this weekend after the concert...we may have to do this again...I even have a title "All that was left behind..."

I do have copies of the captions, so if anybody still wants me to send them their entry, just leave me your email. Gotta go.

Cassandra said:
beach ball intro page

Can't help :giggle: to myself everytime I read about this book! "Beach ball intro page" - it's great! :giggle:

I really, really hope they read it - it sounds like you've done a great job in making the book look very beautiful Cass! :yes:

Thanks again! :hug:

:ohmy: Wow!! I think I've never posted caption, but this is so cool!! I'm sure they'll love it!!! :laugh: :applaud:

Wow! I too would love to see their faces when they read it!:laugh:

Well done for getting it to them!:wink:

OMFG was the first thing I saw when I read the thread title. :bow: :applaud: You :rockon: Cassandra!!!!!!!! And extra kudos for getting to The Edge - we all know Bono would have just lost the book in his car or something. :wink:

I have such a big goofy grin on my face right now. Hopefully the same kind of grin the boys will have when they read the book. You did such an amazing job. My heart is swelling with pride that the boys will actually get to enjoy these captions as much as all of us do. Thank you so much for doing so much to make my dream come true!

I would so love to be a fly on the wall when they read it. Thank you so much for waiting in the rain, hunger pangs, bathroom panic - and everything. You are top notch, woman!

:bow: :applaud: :bow: :applaud:

Cassandra - would you be able to email me the descriptions of all the caps that made it into the book? (Basically just forward all the emails you sent out to everyone already...) Miriam, Kat, Meghan and I can easily go back and find the caps you're talking about and we can put them in one master thread here in PLEBA so we all know which ones made it. And then maybe have a special section in u2captions.com for it as well!

Joy! Joy! Joy! :D

Aww, did any of mine make it? I bet not, haha! I shoulda submitted something supergluey.

Heehee. I'm glad I was under that name and not this one... ;)

YAY! I'd love to know which of mine was used. Aww imagine they could be reading them right now! Or, y'know. Whenever they have a break.

Back
Top Bottom