Caption book, Edge got it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bow: That is too cool! Thank you so much for all the effort you had to have put into the book! I bet you even managed to get a smile from Larry :wink:

Oh - and I think my name was mentioned in the thread about this. if you did use something of mine, could you let me know what one it was?

Bohemianbaby_2@hotmail.com

that's so awesome :applaud:

to see their reaction to the book would be so great :wink:
congrats on the book and getting it to Edge.
I'm sure the guys will love it :)

maybe the captions will give 'em such a laugh that they'll bring out a beachball of some sort to an upcoming show.. :hmm:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Cassandra - would you be able to email me the descriptions of all the caps that made it into the book? (Basically just forward all the emails you sent out to everyone already...) Miriam, Kat, Meghan and I can easily go back and find the caps you're talking about and we can put them in one master thread here in PLEBA so we all know which ones made it. And then maybe have a special section in u2captions.com for it as well!

Joy! Joy! Joy! :D

Oh YES...PLease...please do post them :bow:
I would love to see them too!

That's absolutely brilliant!! :bow: :bow:

I'm so happy for you that you were able to actually deliver it to one of the band! I love the caption threads... I'm certain that they will be thrilled! :laugh:

Thank you for all of your work! :wink:

This is great news!! Thank you for all your work, Cassandra ... cold feet and all. :) I hope they love it!! (And that Bono thanks you on stage in the next month or so -- IF he doesn't lose the book in the meantime. LOL)

:hyper: HOORAY!!! :hyper:

I've never been so proud to be a PLEBAn!!!

And one of my captions was the first one in the book -- which makes my smile so big it hurts! *ouch* :cool:

Could Edge have read the first one, then looked up and smiled and waved???????? (perhaps in approval, perhaps thinking *omg, I didn't think our fans were THIS crazy* )

:happy: SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!! :happy:

Thank you forever and ever Cassandra!! :bow:

aaawww great! congratulations!
:applaud:

I'd love to see the ones that got in the book..please...
(Smilla :heart: caption threads)

Sad_Girl said:
:bow: That is too cool! Thank you so much for all the effort you had to have put into the book! I bet you even managed to get a smile from Larry :wink:

Oh - and I think my name was mentioned in the thread about this. if you did use something of mine, could you let me know what one it was?

I'm a big fan of your captions, but your picutures keep becoming Red X's, so I've had to pass over a lot of brilliant captions for our site. :(
So if you ever go to it and notice there aren't a whole heap of your captions on there, thats why.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Cassandra - would you be able to email me the descriptions of all the caps that made it into the book? (Basically just forward all the emails you sent out to everyone already...) Miriam, Kat, Meghan and I can easily go back and find the caps you're talking about and we can put them in one master thread here in PLEBA so we all know which ones made it. And then maybe have a special section in u2captions.com for it as well!

Joy! Joy! Joy! :D

LG, sounds like a plan. Caption threads #1, #2, & #3 are in regular PLEBA while caption thread #4 is in PLEBA Archive.:hmm:
Maybe we can get on of the mods to put everything in PLEBA Archive would make it easier to find the captions.

Sad_Girl said:

I'll send you an email before the end of the week.

Meghan said:

I'm a big fan of your captions, but your picutures keep becoming Red X's, so I've had to pass over a lot of brilliant captions for our site. :(
So if you ever go to it and notice there aren't a whole heap of your captions on there, thats why.

Yeah, I've had my issues with bandwidth thieves and photobucket :sigh:

But I was just thinking last night that now that I have a larger account I might have to go back and ressuredt some of my old captions WITH the pictures. :laugh:

Cassandra said:
LG, sounds like a plan. Caption threads #1, #2, & #3 are in regular PLEBA while caption thread #4 is in PLEBA Archive.:hmm:
Maybe we can get on of the mods to put everything in PLEBA Archive would make it easier to find the captions.

I actually have hundreds of captions saved to my HD (as part of the u2captions.com project), so it's much easier to find them if you could just provide descriptions like you did in the email you sent to me (and I presume you sent to everyone else who asked). I also know where the links are - I compiled them -

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109772&highlight=game
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104915&highlight=caption
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100273&highlight=caption
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91861&highlight=caption
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89043&highlight=caption
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74089&highlight=caption
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70731&highlight=caption
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61743&highlight=caption
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43863&highlight=caption (this one is the same pic captioned over and over)
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40976&highlight=caption (another one of the same pic captioned over and over)

And I'm sure the caps you selected are in one of these threads. So you just giving me a description of what you selected to be in the book will be fine with me - it will be easy to locate the pictures since I've already got them saved to my HD, and those I don't, are very likely already saved to either Miringeltje's, Meghan's or Kat's.

I look forward to your emails! :)

Okay LG. Anything that will make it easier on you and the other website mistresses.

To everyone, thanks for all your praises and congrats. You are giving me a big head! Believe me it wasn't work, it was fun. I was channeling the spirit of the late Pimm de la Jal Pirra (sp?) of U2 Live. I was definately doing something that I love. Though I doubt that the caption book will end up like the U2 Live book, I can see t-shirts and mousepads. Investors anyone???

And now to give back: I want to become a preminum member. I want to keep the blue crack alive and well. Because without it, there would not have been a caption book nor the wonderful place call PLEBA.
Where do I send my $12?

Go to the top of the page and click "register".

Or here, I've got the link for you:
http://forum.interference.com/register.php?action=signup

:hug: You totally :rockon: woman - you deserve all the praise!
I just can't believe that at this moment the boys could be reading something I wrote!

I hope Larry doesn't hurt himself cracking a smile.

How cool would it be to have a photo of them reading the book? And then of course we'd have to caption it. :wink:

That's my next dream.

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Great!

Yes, let's make a thread here in PLEBA as well as a special section on the website.

I like it!!

Let me know how I can help, LG!

I know which of my captions made it in the book.

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
How cool would it be to have a photo of them reading the book? And then of course we'd have to caption it. :wink:

Priceless.

:combust:

:faint:

Unless we find out that they don't like the captions or that they don't think they're funny!

Hope we never hear about that.

Yay, great work Cassandra!! :up: :bow: Thanks again for doing that book and giving it to Edge, you really rock!

I just feel like a big dork, with this stupid grin because I keep thinking ":dancing: the guys will see my Net pseudo!" :lol:

Cassandra, if you have time, would you be so kind as to send me 'my' cap you picked for the book at advahU2 @ gmail . com please? I'm just so curious!

Cassandra said:
To the Mods: I know this probably needs to go to the fan meeting discussion section but since this is a specific act of getting the caption book to the band oppose to a random meeting act, I thought I put it in Pleba. Also I started a new thread because I want to let the Plebans know quickly that the deed had been done.

I'll skip all the boring bits of the 2 hours of travelling, walking/waiting in the rain (it rain all day), hungry pains and the anxiety you get when you go to the bathroom and wondering if you have missed the band. About 4 pm I made my way back to MSG (Madison Square Garden) entrance to where the band would come in. I had just missed Larry by 5 mins. Since there were less than dozen fans, I was able to stand next to the railing. About 15 mins later a black town car pulled in the driveway. Its back windows were darkened, so you couldn't see who was inside. But 5 mins later, the car backs up and the bodyguard gets out with an umbrella and then...out comes Edge! He shook a few hands. Someone asked him about posing and he said that he couldn't pose, they would have to snap away. As he got closer to me, I began to slightly panic because the book, wrapped in clear plastic, wouldn't come out of the damn book bag I had it in. I thought geez, I'm this damn close and Edge is going to passed me by. Luckily, someone else next to me was having her on moment of trying to find paper for Edge to autograph. By the time he was in front of me I had the book in my hands and I said, "I don't want anything from you, I just want to give you this. It's a gift." He said, "Awww, thank you", and stuck his hand out to shake it. I shook it. I think I said you're welcome and smiled but I can't remember. He went back down the line shaking hands and signing autographs. As he made his way back to the car, a chorus of "thank you" arose and I wave my hands. Edge looked my way and raise the book in the air. He got in the car and it pulled in the underground garage. Next came Bono in a black SUV, he waved but didn't stop. Adam came last in a black town car; he rolled down his window and waved but didn't stop. No one else came outside.
And that's it.

The concert was great and I had a great time by myself (watching people getting drunk and stoned is sad but amusing). Despite cold feet, hungry pains and a lost earring, it was just like the man said, "it was a beautiful day".

THAT IS SO AWESOME CASSANDRA!!! eeek! I cant wait till they read it!!, If they havent already!!!:hyper:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's mine, just in case a photo like that ever surfaces:

:edge: What the — :huh: These people really are mad!

:larry: & :adam: :lmao: :lmao:

:bono: :grumpy: All that money on these ridiculous elevator shoes ... and everyone's still makin' fun of my height!

Back
Top Bottom