Cancer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluephisto

War Child
In the mud, in the maze of my imagination.
Damn it I have to talk about this.

I just found out that my best friend in all the world, Dorion, might have cancer. She has to have an operation to remove a "mass" and they don't know what's going on with it. I feel absolutely sick, she's so not who you'd expect to get sick and she's ALWAYS been the one running after me and taking care of me. She's so tough and so smart and I'm just frankly scared out of my mind and crying. I'm getting on the first flight I can out there for a few days to see her, I need her to be okay, I need to be with her.

She's crazy and fabulous, she carries me home when I'm too drunk, she always has the best music, she's always creative and a pain in the ass and I love her to death.

I don't know what else to say, I'm so worried.

Damn! I'm sorry about your friend. One of my best friends had breast cancer a few years ago. She had to have chemo and radiation and it was a mess. Fortunately she's in remission now. But that was a horrible experience.

My aunt has just started her chemotherapy. The doctors say that they're pretty sure she'll be fine, but it's still really worrying. I wish your friend all the best, I hope that it doesn't turn out to be anything.

:hug: Bluey!! I'm so sorry to hear this!! :( I'll be thinking of Dorion and you. :hug: I hope it turns out to be nothing.....

(Sorry I wasn't up when you IMed me -early! :(- but I should be around the next few days if you want to talk.)

Take care of your friend. I have seen a grown man shake with fear when he found out he had cancer. Shes going to need a lot of hugs and hopefully you have someone to hug you too.

:hug:

My best friend found out 3 years ago she had cancer, she's 34, a mother of 2 small boys. I spent a lot of time with her during her bad times and she said that the thing that lifted her was me always smiling and laughing with her, even though I was crying inside. She's since had an operation and chemo but still has the cancer although it is under control at the moment. She is the strongest, happiest person I know and when we get together we have the best laugh ever! Do this for your friend, I'm sure it will help and I hope she gets through this terrible time. :hug:

Think good thoughts... always. My mom found out a week ago she has cancerr and I'm right now waiting for her return from her operation. We don't know how bad it is yet. Just keep your spirits high, you being there for your friend is the best thing you can do. She's very lucky to have you.

Back
Top Bottom