Can somebody do me a HUGE favor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Can somebody please email me the Band Pics thursday and freestylin friday things? Please? Cause... I cant do anything with them here, my computer wont let me... and i just want to see if I can veiw them from my email....
My email is TheWho4Life@u2email.com
This is probably in posted in the wrong place but I'm goin nuts!

What do you mean, the links? There's no way we can send every single pic and post in the threads in email :crazy:

What happends is, my computer freezes whenever I go into those threads.
Well I thought there was a way you could email me the whole thread but I guess not:( But that's ok... I guess... oh well

The only way to email the thread is through a link, and when you click on the link it will do the same thing as if you opened it the regular way :(

It might help to set your preferences in the user CP to a lower number of posts per page, that would make it easier to load. Somebody told me to do that with my old slow PC.

U2Kitten said:
It might help to set your preferences in the user CP to a lower number of posts per page, that would make it easier to load. Somebody told me to do that with my old slow PC.

I did that when I had dial-up. Honestly, now that I've had DSL for almost a year I don't know how I put up with dial-up. :wink:

Note to past and present dial-up users....it could be your modem, not the ISPs fault. I use dial-up at my parents' house and honestly, some threads load faster than when I'm at school on a T1 line (10MB per second). I have a newer computer with a decent 56k modem and connect around 44kbps. The only real trouble I have is with downloading music and videos. Older computers with older modems connect at much lower speeds, making everything load slower or not load at all. You also might want to check and make sure your ISP doesn't intentionally compress images (NetZero) or give them lower priority (like, let them load last, but by the time they begin loading, the page has timed out according to however you have your modem/connection configured).

Also, it IS possible to e-mail the entire thread, but it wouldn't do you a lick of good b/c the images are not imbedded in the HTML; the source code is simply pointing to their own specific URLs, so you'd still have to wait for them to download. Sorry.

MooMoo! said:
just wait as far as they go, then reload the page, i have to do it, cos my PC is crap.

Yeah, my parents' computer does that b/c it's older and slower. It'll load like half the page of pics and the rest turn to red-X so I right click on them and choose Show Picture.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Also, it IS possible to e-mail the entire thread, but it wouldn't do you a lick of good b/c the images are not imbedded in the HTML; the source code is simply pointing to their own specific URLs, so you'd still have to wait for them to download. Sorry.

That's right, I forgot all about the email this thread to a friend feature :crack: but again it still wouldn't load.

U2Kitten said:

That's right, I forgot all about the email this thread to a friend feature :crack: but again it still wouldn't load.

Haha, I didn't know about that. I'm a dummie and don't use ANY of interference's features. What I meant was something like this (note where the file is located and what it's content is):

http://www.calvin.edu/~lar3/t92934pg1.html

(I can explain it if you want me to)

Cool, eh? :macdevil: and easier than making a new avatar, I might add.

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Haha, I didn't know about that. I'm a dummie and don't use ANY of interference's features. What I meant was something like this (note where the file is located and what it's content is):

http://www.calvin.edu/~lar3/t92934pg1.html

(I can explain it if you want me to)

Cool, eh? :macdevil: and easier than making a new avatar, I might add.

How did you do that? :huh:

Glad you got to see some pics Who4liife! :)

You can save threads with all the pics in your file if you want to. I save some threads this way if I know I'll want all the pics later or something. In IE, just go to file/save as/ and on "save as type" click on web archive, single file. Here's the Freestylin' Friday thread that I saved.

http://neutral.ws/etc/U2 FeedbackHappyCouple.mht

I am such a nerd :rolleyes:

U2Kitten said:

How did you do that? :huh:

All I did was save the HTML file that is the thread. You can get at it by right clicking on the page and choosing View Source. What you're looking at IS the thread. For me, the source code opens up in Notepad and if I want to save it, I just make sure to remove the .txt file extension and call it .htm or .html instead. HTML is not a very difficult concept or language to understand. The important thing is that it's not like a Word document where the pictures and graphics are imbedded as part of the document. The HTML code simply points to where the picture is. Every pic, every banner, ever smiliey is a seperate file.

neutral said:
You can save threads with all the pics in your file if you want to. I save some threads this way if I know I'll want all the pics later or something. In IE, just go to file/save as/ and on "save as type" click on web archive, single file. Here's the Freestylin' Friday thread that I saved.

Not to be a butt, but this is also just saving the HTML source code, not the pictures and graphics. When you open this file, it calls up the pictures that it's pointing too, but if someone were to remove those pics from their storage or change their file paths, they'd be gone when you re-opened your file.

Sorry, but no, it isn't. :| With MHT files, the images are embedded in the saved file. I save threads this way from another site all the time, and I can still view my archive file, including images, even if I'm offline.
If it was just saving the source code, that wouldn't be a 6 meg file.

Last edited:
neutral said:
Sorry, but no, it isn't. :| With MHT files, the images are embedded in the saved file. I save threads this way from another site all the time, and I can still view my archive file, including images, even if I'm offline.
If it was just saving the source code, that wouldn't be a 6 meg file.

Ah, I see! Sorry! When I tried it, it saved as HTML. My bad. Now that I think about it, it's probably the browser I use (not IE).

Do all the images have to download before you can save this type of file?

Yeah, I have trouble doing it with other browsers for some reason. I end up opening IE just to save pages. :(

I think they do have to download, yeah. It really takes a while to save for some PLEBA threads. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom