Calvin Ho!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stories for Boys

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
today is the move in day for those of us going to calvin college here in grand rapids.....that'd be me, ultraviolet light, and livluvandbootlegmusic......anyway, just thought i'd let you all know....that and tonight we'll all have superfast internet connection and all will be well....you'll never get rid of us now :evil:....anyway, when i was bringing a load of my stuff to my dorm someone was blasting u2 over some speakers...i sang along...then when i went outside to leave again, they were playing more u2! that and my roommate says that because i was talking about them she started listening more to u2 and she really likes them.....woo! i think this year will be ok....

anyway, anyone want to venture any advice about college? we'd love to hear it....and anything else you want to post....

HAPPY MOVE IN DAY GIRLIES!!!

:up: Have fun, girls! College is a blast. soooo much better than high school!

Hmmm...Advice? Let's see...

*Make sure you stay on top of your homework. It's no fun to try to cram everything in at the end of the semester.
*Be willing to make new friends. You'll probably meet lots of cool people at college (and probably some weirdos too, but it happens!)
*Bring earplugs...I used 'em my freshman year when I was trying to sleep and people in the dorm were being noisy.

and, of course, cover your walls with U2 posters! :happy:

Rules for college
  • Beware of the fruit punch at parties
  • if you decide to drink the fruit punch don't drink so much that you need to have some quality time with the porcelain God
  • Don't spend all your time sitting around in your dorm room (I've known people who did this and they were kinda creepy)
  • Good walking shoes
  • Don't be afraid to wear sweatpants/windpants to go to class
  • coffee coffee coffee
  • Buy your books used...they are cheaper and have the important stuff already highlighted for you
  • actually read the text
  • pay attention in class....it may seem like the prof is endlessly babbling, but you will be tested on it
  • don't be afraid to join in any group or organization
  • Ramen Noodles

Daisy joost about covered it all :)

One more:

-Don't be too proud to eat in the dining hall. Though it may seem wise to spend a majority of your income on eating out, you will soon realize that you do not have enough money to do the other things you would REALLY like to do :)

Kristie's Rules for College many of which no sane person should follow except myself or my brother cos we can (and frequently do) get away with this stuff:

• Have a can opener.
  • If you hate the class and can get away with reading the entire book in three hours the night before the final, do that too.
  • Watermelon Sour Punch Straws = the best study food, EVER.
  • Chat IS more important than homework.
  • It is okay to wear a sarong to class.
  • Or pajama pants.
  • Frat parties are fun if you enjoy getting shitass drunk and having random boys grope you.
  • I can't stand them.
  • If your college has a ballroom dance/salsa/tango/whatever club, JOIN IT.
  • Of course, Calvin probably thinks dancing is from the devil.
  • Your neighbors really DO want to hear U2 24-7, they just don't know it.
  • if you have a life size CB member of U2 it would be a good joke to put him in the room with the showers and see if anyone flips out.
  • Don't trust dining hall chicken.
  • Okay, that's all I have for now.
  • OH if you don't have air conditioning bring faaaans... though it's not so hot anymore.
  • If you don't have a car make a friend with one.

Kristie said:

[*]Your neighbors really DO want to hear U2 24-7, they just don't know it.
[/list]

:lol: Of course they do!

Arg...My freshman year everybody on my floor listened to country...:barf:

My brother is a freshman this year and he said that the people across the hall from him keep playing U2 really loud. I should walk over and meet these people!

Kristie said:

• Your neighbors really DO want to hear U2 24-7, they just don't know it.
Yeah, my neighbors have yet to realize this. But, oh, they will! :D

daisybean said:
Rules for college
  • Don't be afraid to wear sweatpants/windpants to go to class
  • coffee coffee coffee

AMEN to that! I am very guilty of the sweatpants/windpants thing...even for my night class...tehe. HAHAHA! Story time! In my one morning classes this REALLLLLLLY hot guy had what I thought was PJ bottoms and I thought, well okay that's fine cause I do that, but then I realized those UGLY plaid pants were REAL pants, these things looked like he went through some old man's closet and stole his golf pants or something, it was terrible. Of course, to each his own, but still....then the best part of the story: I go to the mall the next weekend and see the pants in American Eagle. I was :shocked: you've got to be kidding me! /End story

muahahahahahahahahaha

ok, so here i am with my internet connection (finally) and my dorm room...and here are the pictures :D...

this is my half of the room...
33544%3C4323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D7%3A4%3Dxroqdf%3E2323335%3A23895ot1lsi

and this is my little nook (like the posters, gina and tiff?)
33544%3C4323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D7%3A4%3Dxroqdf%3E2323335%3A23896ot1lsi

and yes my picture with julio is up and right next to my comp...my roommate likes u2 so we're cool...in fact, she often plays a random playlist on her comp chocked full o' the irish boys...and (for iris and shannon) she likes guster! heh...i laughed...at any rate, i've fully scared everyone with my "focus" but i don't care :)

thanks for the advice, ladies!

Re: muahahahahahahahahaha

Stories for Boys said:
my roommate likes u2 so we're cool...

:happy: Man, I'm jealous! My roommates just don't understand...:sad: Whenever I play any music at all, one of my roommates asks me, "Is this U2?" :lol: She has asked this when I've played Bon Jovi, The Offspring, and probably others that I can't think of right now...

Back
Top Bottom