Call me an egocentric bastard but I am seriously afraid......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonboy

Refugee
of dying alone....

I know I am only 22 but I feel like something is very wrong with my life...

I can?t seem to find love that lasts and it hurts even more (although I am very glad to) when my friends all have a special someone...

I have been engaged but I was even younger and very naive.

I am very well aware that I keep comparing myself with my friends but I can?t help it....

I love kids so the thaught and possibility of not getting any of my own is really sad.....

What if there isn?t a special someone out there for everybody??

:reject:

:sad:

Guess I'm Blue(berry)Boy today......

Don't worry, there is. It takes time and patience to live your life looking for THE ONE. My advice? Don't try so hard. Just try to live a good life and take each day as a new adventure. Love will find you!

Please, PLEASE don't grab someone you don't really like that much just not to be alone. I know so many people who have done that and have suffered many years of misery.

Remember what Tom Petty said:

"we were desperate then, to have each other to hold,
but love is a long, long road"

I'm about your age (23) and I am wondering if I'll be alone, if I'll have kids before I get too old (that's a problem guys don't have to worry about) and stuff like that. But I keep hoping it will happen, and if I'm alone, I'm better off alone than with someone who doesn't love me or treat me right. Good luck to you :hug:

I'm 27 and I've felt the same way at times :hug: I looked around at staff meeting a couple of years ago and realized almost everyone was married or engaged except me.

But Tabby is right, about being better off by yourself than in a bad relationship :yes: Recently I looked around at the staff meeting, and half of the people who were married a couple of years ago are now divorced :(

bonosloveslave said:
Said it before, I'll say it again - it tends to sneak up on you once you STOP looking for it :yes:

Hang in there :hug:

Please make me write that on the chalkboard 100 times, someone. :)

:wink:

sd

Fear not! John was 28 before he discovered me. :cute: It was such a chance happening.

You NEVER know what is around the corner. :hug:

Tabby said:
Please, PLEASE don't grab someone you don't really like that much just not to be alone. I know so many people who have done that and have suffered many years of misery.

Remember what Tom Petty said:

"we were desperate then, to have each other to hold,
but love is a long, long road"

I'm about your age (23) and I am wondering if I'll be alone, if I'll have kids before I get too old (that's a problem guys don't have to worry about) and stuff like that. But I keep hoping it will happen, and if I'm alone, I'm better off alone than with someone who doesn't love me or treat me right. Good luck to you :hug:

Ditto this entire post (except I'm 19, not 23 :).) .

I'm sure you'll find the perfect mate for you someday, Lemonboy. :hug:.

Angela

Be patient...love hits when you least expect it so just be young and have some fun!

And please don't ever settle for someone who really isn't "the one" because you think you'll never find anyone else...I ended up divorced with 2 babies at your age because I did just that.

You are still so young Lemonboy...and she's out there, I promise!

:hug:

:hug: Man, I can relate so much to your post, except I'm almost 28 already... :shifty: We'll just have to trust that there's someone out there for us, and enjoy life while they arrive. :)

flaming june said:
:hug: Man, I can relate so much to your post, except I'm almost 28 already... :shifty: :)

Let?s get married then! We certainly have the same interests :sexywink: :D

Seriously I would like to thank everyone for the advice and kind words... I feel better now. :hug:

Why don?t we start PLEBASC (PLEBA singles club)???:lol:

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lemonboy!!! Don't worry about that!!! Somebody will come along someday that will be the love of your life just be patient. Like with me...I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 20 years old :ohmy: and well he wasn't really a boyfriend...but when I was 21 I found my fiance :) and he was 26. I was his first serious and he was my first serious relationship and now we're getting married!!!!

I used to think like you that I would never find anybody but I found him here at Interference :D So just be patient and love will come your way.:hug:

You're only 22-that's very young

I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing, and I'm sure you already know this...but you need to have time to find happiness within yourself. No matter how old you are, that true happiness can only come from within. No other person can ever create it for you. Admittedly it gets lonely, but it is good to have that time to figure yourself out :)

I read recently that true love is finding someone who makes you want to be a better person. I'm sure you're a good person already Lemonboy, and that you will find someone special in time, if that's what you want.

:)

Bono's American Wife said:
And please don't ever settle for someone who really isn't "the one" because you think you'll never find anyone else...I ended up divorced with 2 babies at your age because I did just that.

I needed to hear this too, thanks for the wise reminder BAW! :) :yes:

SD

Glad to hear you're doing better! *hugs* Listen to everyone here, you're a great guy and you'll find someone if you want to. I think it's silly to believe that everyone needs someone in the first place, some people are just better off alone me thinks ... and then some of us should just have a sign engraved into our foreheads saying

"Warning: DO NOT DATE. The Surgeon General warns that dating this person is habit forming and dangerous to one's mental health. Flee. Run. Hide."

I am one of those. Hence, I think the PLEBASC is a fine idea ... but I'll keep my hat out of the ring this time around.

Lemonboy said:

Let?s get married then! We certainly have the same interests :sexywink: :D

Seriously I would like to thank everyone for the advice and kind words... I feel better now. :hug:

Why don?t we start PLEBASC (PLEBA singles club)???:lol:

:lol: "Let's go to Vegas... let get married, for a while" :bono: :wink:

PLEBASC sounds like a good idea, but we'd have a little problem with our girl/boy ratio... :ohmy:

Last edited:
bluephisto said:

"Warning: DO NOT DATE. The Surgeon General warns that dating this person is habit forming and dangerous to one's mental health. Flee. Run. Hide."

I am one of those. Hence, I think the PLEBASC is a fine idea ... but I'll keep my hat out of the ring this time around.

:( :no: FJ, stop that. I've never met ya, but we all think you're great!

:hug:

SD

I agree the ratio of guys is kinda small in PLEBA lol...but maybe people can hook up in here to like hang out or something...ya know...like a PLEBA singles club/ friend club or something...so if you can't find a date you can have a "date" with eachother...ya know?

Mullen-Girl said:
I agree the ratio of guys is kinda small in PLEBA lol...but maybe people can hook up in here to like hang out or something...ya know...like a PLEBA singles club/ friend club or something...so if you can't find a date you can have a "date" with eachother...ya know?

Exactly.

And bluephisto...no, don't say that, you're worthy of someone's time and love! :hug:!

I think everyone deserves to find the perfect person for them, be it a boyfriend or a girlfriend, or even just a really good friend. Someone they can relate to and everything.

I just feel bad for those in this world who go through life completely alone. And wouldn't wish that loneliness on anyone.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

And bluephisto...no, don't say that, you're worthy of someone's time and love! :hug:!

Awwww ... thank you Angela, you're a sweetheart. :hug: I know I'm worthy, it's just *SIGH* I end up sort of ... destroying anyone I date. :|

It's not pretty. So it's not really for me, but rather for the good of the WORLD that I don't date. :mac:

After all, like the old saying goes, "Why get married and make ONE man miserable, when I can stay SINGLE and make MILLIONS miserable!?"

:mac: :evil:

bluephisto said:
Awwww ... thank you Angela, you're a sweetheart. :hug: I know I'm worthy, it's just *SIGH* I end up sort of ... destroying anyone I date. :|

It's not pretty. So it's not really for me, but rather for the good of the WORLD that I don't date. :mac:

After all, like the old saying goes, "Why get married and make ONE man miserable, when I can stay SINGLE and make MILLIONS miserable!?"

:mac: :evil:

First off, you're welcome. :).

Second, just because that may have been the way it was so far, doesn't mean that it will continue to be that way. You obviously just haven't found the right person for you yet (and are you sure that it's you that's the problem? Could be them, too).

I just wouldn't give up hope yet if I were you. Things could change someday. :).

And I hope they do. I hope you do find the right person to be with.

Angela

bluephisto said:

Sherry ... as sweet as that is ...

Who is FJ?

:lmao:

Flaming June. Her post was right below yours.

I can read, really I can. :p

This is your brain, this is your brain on a PhD program. Friends don't let friends take an overload of classes, guys. ;)

:hug: Bluey! We'll both find someone. I'm just the opposite, my warning lable should read "Warning--runs fast!"

sd

Back
Top Bottom