Britney Snubs Bono's Kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brown-eyed girl

Babyface
Britney Snubs Bono's Kids
Pop princess Britney Spears snubbed rock legend Bono after a gig in Ireland last week, by refusing to meet his kids. The U2 frontman took his four children to Britney's sell-out concert in Dublin and they were desperate to meet the star backstage. But an insider tells British newspaper the Daily Mirror, "Britney was having none of it. She just point-blank refused to meet them and they were very disappointed. She made some excuse about being too tired. It's ridiculous if she thinks she's too important to meet the offspring of a legend like Bono." However the singer was less evasive to some special guests - according to sources she welcomed former lover Colin Farrell and his pals backstage with open arms. The insider adds, "Some of Farrell's neighbors were there with their children and Britney had them ushered straight inside."

From imdb.com

:tsk: :down:

She must just not like Bono. Pretty stupid for her though, I would of met his kids! I wanna be a big popstar! lol. jk. I've never liked her anyway. I wonder why she didnt wanna meet them...:mad:

I don't know what she has against Bono. Maybe it's his old comments about 'crap music' and teen pop ruining the music industry. Maybe she doesn't think someone should use their celebrity to get their kids into places other people's kids would have no chance to get into. But she is a hypocrite for taking in the others :down:

Edgespet said:
I've always thought Britney Spears was a spoiled, egotistical,self-serving, nominally talented little brat. This just reinforces my low opinion of her!

Agreed. Bono ought to use this as an opportunity to start teaching those youngsters about good music.:D

I think Britney is on her way down anyways. The records are'nt selling as well, she's starting to look really worn and weather beaten. The girl is an E True Hollywood Story waiting to happen.

KristenF said:

Agreed. Bono ought to use this as an opportunity to start teaching those youngsters about good music.:D

That's what I think too, I thought the same thing when he took them to meet Justin Timberlake. Instead of indulging their bad taste he could be exposing them to better quality music :sexywink: No offense to his kids, I feel the same way about my own and try to encourage them toward the good stuff rather than letting them fall for every fad that comes along.

I think Britney is on her way down anyways. The records are'nt selling as well, she's starting to look really worn and weather beaten. The girl is an E True Hollywood Story waiting to happen.

:macdevil: :silent:

BluberryPoptart said:
I don't know what she has against Bono. Maybe it's his old comments about 'crap music' and teen pop ruining the music industry. Maybe she doesn't think someone should use their celebrity to get their kids into places other people's kids would have no chance to get into. But she is a hypocrite for taking in the others :down:

Madonna is her great example these days and she won't let any colleges in on concertnights for free either, although I think that's custom,right? .

As for Britney and Bono's kids : maybe she's afraid these kids are too cleaver and will see right through all the bubblegum and plastic.:yes: That's how I call it 'plastic music':mac:

Last week Britney played here in Belgium and the head of the paper said next morning: '"Britney is the best.......in playbacking":lmao:

Agreed. Bono ought to use this as an opportunity to start teaching those youngsters about good music

Good music & good manners as well. (Although I'm sure with parents like Bono & Ali, they don't really need to be taught good manners.) But this is a golden opportunity to reinforce that as well as teaching them respect for fans & others...something I've always admired about Bono is the fact that he's such a kind, generous, loving man to everyone, not just the "important" people.

whatever's the matter with that ****?

britney haters are now doubling the number of britney fans, and pathetic behaviour like this isn't getting that tart anywhere. i mean, there's no comparision between bono and britney, of all people.... i mean this is BRITNEY. what is she known for? being a lousy voiced spoiled egoistic, lying alcoholic tart who changes her men more often than she changes her underwear.... which is prolly once in 3 weeks?

her music sucks, and her so called image is perfect for a slut. grrr..... sorry to go on n on but what she did was really stupid. and if more and more people find out, she's gonna lose even more fans, lol. bono is definitely 100000000x more popular than a britney.

"There are more anti Britney Spears websites out there than there are anti Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden! What message does one get reading this? We leave this for you to decide" - The Times Of New York, January 2004.

How very sad that the children of a man who couldn't be kinder and more generous to his fans got treated this way.

Karma is a bitch, and Britney is so going to get hers...not just for this incident, but the way she lives her life in general.

Last edited:
Diane L said:
How very sad that the children of a man who couldn't be kinder and more generous to his fans got treated this way.

Agreed. Unfortunately, that's the way the world is. :(

KristenF said:

:shrug: Children in general are reknowned for having bad taste in music, clothes, what have you. They're young, learning, need to try new things. But yeah, it would be cool if Bono could take them to a jazz or classical concert sometime. :cool:

That's lame of Britney. :down: She should appreciate her absurd celebrity more.

Why would Bono take John and Elijah to that show? I've heard it's very dirty.

As much as I detest the plastic diva of poop music, this story is coming from a tabloid. Where's the pics? Even if Bono's kids were
there, you'd think there be pics? Hmm.

She has no respect for Bono, it shows she's ignorant and that she probably doesn't really know who this man is and all that he has done in music and as a an activist. But this is good, this means that now Bono probably will never do a duet with her. :) Now if only J.Lo could do something like that to his kids too. :evil:

well we don't know if it's true or not but if it is true then it makes me hate her even more. :mad: Who does she think her fans are anyways? Most of her fans are young kids and if she can't take the time to meet them then she shouldn't expect those kids (parents) to pay money to see her perform.

Well, if Bono's daughters are into her, I'm sorry to hear that they got shunned. If I were a fan of hers? in the first place, she would have just lost me. My first allegiance in all music matters is to Bono/U2. If this is true, she should recognize that it is her fans that make her famous and treat them accordingly. From what I see, her fame is slipping, and IMO, deservingly so.

I agree 100% with evryone so far!

And to think of all the nice things that Bono has said about Britney Spears in the past!:ohmy:

And soulnation2002 - you are correct. That WAS very low for her to do! :yes:

BRITNEY - INSTANT KARMA WILL GET YOU!:applaud:

JORDAN AND EVE - DON'T GET DISCOURAGED! WE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU 100%!:up: :hug:

madonna's child said:
Why would Bono take John and Elijah to that show? I've heard it's very dirty.

The report only says his four children. Maybe it was actually two friends of Jordan and Eve's that were with them since the boys are pretty young and the reporter didn't check it out further as to who the four kids really were.

Just the idea she would treat anyone of Bono's legendary status in this manner, shows she does not even respect what it means to be in the industry and how one treats their peers. :eyebrow: She know's Bono, but she thinks she's above him. As the song says, 'It's a long way down to nothing at all" and she will regret the day she embarrased Bono in front of his kids.:madspit: He couldn't give a shit about her, I'm sure. But for his kids he'd do anything. :yes: (I really hope these report's are not true. I hate to think of how Bono must have felt trying to explain to the young people why he couldn't get them in to see "that thang.") :sad:

Back
Top Bottom