Bright End of Nowhere pt 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
disclaimer: it's all a figment of my imagination

For the next couple of days Edge and Bono completely avoided the topic of Vik in order to keep the peace. However when they decided to throw a party to celebrate the end of the first leg of the tour and Edge wants to invite Vik it all fell to pieces.

“Why the hell would you want her there?” Bono exploded.

“Gee, maybe because she’s my friend.”

“She wouldn’t even enjoy it, she hardly the party type.”

“So? She can decide not to come if she wants to, I just want to extend the invitation.”

“I think it’s bad that you’re getting this attached to her.”

“Would you enlighten me as to why?”

“Because you’re finally on the rebound after Aislinn and I don’t want to see you get hurt again. By being with Vik I think you’ll only end up getting hurt because I don’t think she has the capacity to truly care for anyone.”

“Would you let me be the judge of that?”

“No. Because I don’t trust you’re judgement at the moment. I think you’re too emotionally messed up still to think straight so you’re attaching yourself to Vik and because of that you’re only going to get hurt worse.”

“Fuck you,” Edge spat before storming out of the room.

Coincidentally it was Vik who found Edge about twenty minutes later hiding in the shadows outside the hotel.

“Edge?”

He jumped in surprise before relaxing. “Oh, I thought you were Bono.”

Vik’s eyes narrowed. “What happened?”

“Nothing.”

“Let me see your arm.”

Edge sighed and removed his hand from his left arm revealing a couple fresh cuts.

“What did Bono say to you,” Vik growled.

“Nothing.”

“Sure, just like this is nothing.” She shook her head angrily pulling polysporin out of her pocket and applying it to the cuts.

Edge raised an eyebrow. “Why do you carry that around?”

“Because I seem to constantly electrical burn my fingers. Why are these so deep?”

“I don’t know. I wasn’t thinking about it really.”

Vik sighed. “What did he say to you, honestly?”

“The basis of it was that I was too emotionally messed up to get a good read on people.”

“Because you’re friends with me,” Vik shook her head. “You are not emotionally messed up. I’ve seen people who are emotionally messed up, they go from calm to angry in the blink of an eye without ever knowing why, they can be happy one minute and trying to OD on painkillers the next. You are not emotionally messed up, a bit depressed maybe, but not emotionally messed up.”

“I’d say more then a bit depressed.”

“No, if you were seriously depressed you’d have tried to kill your self. Believe me, I’ve seen people who were seriously depressed.” Vik sighed. “The reason I started trying to help the other kids is because I watched a girl go from a happy young kid to being kind of depressed and cutting herself to being seriously depressed and committing suicide. And after losing one friend I didn’t want to lose anyone else. Not that it worked, I was only able to help about one in every four or five kids.”

The bitterness in her voice is clearly evident and Edge couldn’t help reaching out and touching her shoulder. Vik immediately tensed at the contact and almost pulled away.

“I don’t think you feel as little as you pretend to, you’re just better at controlling it then everyone else.”

Vik shrugged and looked down. “Maybe, or maybe it’s just because it’s all I’ve ever known.”

Edge raised a questioning eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

“I never told you how I ended up with the name Vik did I?”

“No. I’ve never really thought about it to be honest.”

“You never thought it was odd that a girls name was Vik?”

“My name’s The Edge so I think I’d be hard pressed to find anyone else’s name odd.”

“True enough. Vik’s actually short for Vickers. I was found when I was only a couple days old on Vickers Boulevard and they were too lazy to come up with a better name. My last name is the name of the orphanage which all of the kids got until they were adopted, but I never was. However I was kicked out at eighteen.”

“That makes my life look great.”

“Yeah, well, feel privileged to have that innocence. You really don’t want to have had my life.”

“I’m certainly grateful that you’re taking your time to help me.”

Vik shrugged. “It’s nothing really. You’re a nice guy so I don’t mind.”

Edge gave her a hug. “Well thank you anyway.”

Vik blushed feeling embarrassed by his sudden affections.

Edge looked down at her. “We’re having a party tomorrow night to celebrate the end of this leg of the tour and I was wondering if you wanted to come.”

Vik frowned. “You know I don’t like parties.”

“I know. But I’m not asking you to drink, I’d just like you to be there.”

His green eyes were pleading with her and Vik finds herself giving in. “Alright. But if things get crazy I’m leaving.”

Edge smiled. “Thank you.”

sorry this part's so long, it just sort of wrote its self and i didn't realise how long it really was. romance and stuff starting soon. now i have to go do the math homework i didn't do in favor of writing this.

Back
Top Bottom