Bright End of Nowhere pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
disclaimer: pure fiction

It wasn’t until the next day that Vik thought about it again when she went to use the knife and saw a dark stain along the edge of the blade. Using her thumbnail she managed to scrape some of it off before bringing it up to her face to have a closer look.

‘It is blood,’ she thought in surprise. ‘I was right last night.’

Feeling un-nerved Vik cleaned off the blade and went back to work resolving to keep a closer eye on Edge.

“Look, Bono, I’m tired so I just don’t want to go out tonight okay?” Edge pleaded with his friend.

Bono scowled at him. “I think it would do you a world of good if you’d just come out an enjoy yourself.”

“What do you think I’ve been trying to do,” Edge snapped in exasperation. “Do you think this is easy for me, I somehow don’t think you’d just pick up your life right away if Ali left you.”

Sometime during his rant the technician who he believed was named Vik, had entered the room almost silently and had stopped to watch them.

“If you’re sure I wont force you, but we’d like to have you there,” Bono replied softly.

“I’m sure.”

Bono sighed. “Well I guess I’ll see you when we get back.”

Edged nodded before turning around and heading for the elevator.

Vik sprinted for the stairs and up eight flights hoping to head Edge off as he reached his room. If she’d stopped to think she would have wondered why she felt the need to help out a rock star that she’d wanted nothing to do with in the first place.

She managed to slow down her breathing as she exited the stair well and met up with Edge just as he reached his door.

“Staying behind by your self again?”

He jumped and spun around to face her a frown creasing his face. “Why does it matter to you?”

Vik leaned against the wall trying to appear nonchalant. “Because I think if you don’t face the fact that your wife left you you’re only going to end up hurting yourself.”

“I don’t know who you were talking to, to give you that idea…”

“I wasn’t talking to anyone,” Vik cut him off. “People talk and I’ve heard a few things that I would have otherwise ignored had I not found blood on the blade of my knife.”

“Well I don’t know anything about that.”

“I think you do,” Vik said softly. “And I think you know exactly what I’m talking about. Now I know that your band mates probably wouldn’t have a clue but if you ever decide that you need someone to talk to who does understand you can come find me.”

With that she pushed off the wall and headed for the elevator leaving Edge staring after her.
i'm working on the next part right now so it might be up before i go to bed

Back
Top Bottom